Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun side note on financing, I just got the final payment detail and my rate changed from 2.14% to 2.49%. I had the lower rate locked in for 60 days, expired on the 19th. So now I am dinged a couple days later. Pretty annoying. I have reached out to Tesla to see if they can change it, not holding my breath. Also reached out to 3rd part financing.

So I saw randomly searching existing inventory and running different ZIP codes. I ended up finding multiple MY vehicles in various configurations that say “in transit” to the Los Angeles or Orange County areas. So when I would click the “buy now” it would take me to a blank page. Wondering if these are all the cars being delivered to SC’s in So Cal. Anyway when I used the chat function, the rep stated that based on my configuration that delivery was imminent. I asked if I can be matched to any of these in transit vehicles and he stated to hold on to my order as I would get my car faster than matching one of these “in transit” vehicles. Confusing yes I know but hear me out. It may be that Tesla is shipping all these out and matching VIN’s at SC’s to prep for delivery rather than matching VIN’s at the production line. It make sense since they are going for the biggest Q2 earnings ever!?!

Reactions: guccitrash
So I saw randomly searching existing inventory and running different ZIP codes. I ended up finding multiple MY vehicles in various configurations that say “in transit” to the Los Angeles or Orange County areas. So when I would click the “buy now” it would take me to a blank page. Wondering if these are all the cars being delivered to SC’s in So Cal. Anyway when I used the chat function, the rep stated that based on my configuration that delivery was imminent. I asked if I can be matched to any of these in transit vehicles and he stated to hold on to my order as I would get my car faster than matching one of these “in transit” vehicles. Confusing yes I know but hear me out. It may be that Tesla is shipping all these out and matching VIN’s at SC’s to prep for delivery rather than matching VIN’s at the production line. It make sense since they are going for the biggest Q2 earnings ever!?!
Do you have any examples? I randomly used 90001 and only found one MYP

Right! I was thinking the same thing 🤔
5DF0E169-09A5-423E-A8A8-B85D647963C6.jpeg

I received my car Monday!
Recap:
4/22: Ordered MYLR MSM, white interior, 20", 5 seat, tow, no FSD
6/17: VIN 213XXX showed in my account. Interesting that I could open the MVPA and see the VIN before I clicked the TV blue button.
6/18: Received a text to schedule delivery, I scheduled for Costa Mesa on 6/21 at 3PM.
6/19: Received a call from Costa Mesa DC asking if I wanted home delivery tomorrow. I asked if home delivery could be on 6/21 instead, she said sure. She said to go online and pay prior to delivery. I asked if I could wait to pay until I saw the car, she said that was fine but I would need to pay before opening the car.
6/21: Car was dropped off at 10AM, we weren't home yet. Apparently driven from Costa Mesa to my home. We got home about 1PM and there she was parked along the street! She looked perfect on the outside. I e-signed the CA Clean Fuel Reward document and paid in full via ACH. A minute later my car appeared on the app and I was able to unlock it.

Overall the car seems flawless. The only thing I've reported is that the two key cards are warped. There was some residue on the driver door which I removed. The car had 7 miles on it. I assume 5 were added delivering from Costa Mesa to my house.

I just love driving the car. So much fun.

Good luck to those still waiting to take delivery! You all should get your cars in the next week. You will quickly forget the agony of waiting when you are sitting in your new car.

Attachments

• IMG_4473s.JPG
    IMG_4473s.JPG
    560.8 KB · Views: 36
I received my car Monday!
Recap:
4/22: Ordered MYLR MSM, white interior, 20", 5 seat, tow, no FSD
6/17: VIN 213XXX showed in my account. Interesting that I could open the MVPA and see the VIN before I clicked the TV blue button.
6/18: Received a text to schedule delivery, I scheduled for Costa Mesa on 6/21 at 3PM.
6/19: Received a call from Costa Mesa DC asking if I wanted home delivery tomorrow. I asked if home delivery could be on 6/21 instead, she said sure. She said to go online and pay prior to delivery. I asked if I could wait to pay until I saw the car, she said that was fine but I would need to pay before opening the car.
6/21: Car was dropped off at 10AM, we weren't home yet. Apparently driven from Costa Mesa to my home. We got home about 1PM and there she was parked along the street! She looked perfect on the outside. I e-signed the CA Clean Fuel Reward document and paid in full via ACH. A minute later my car appeared on the app and I was able to unlock it.

Overall the car seems flawless. The only thing I've reported is that the two key cards are warped. There was some residue on the driver door which I removed. The car had 7 miles on it. I assume 5 were added delivering from Costa Mesa to my house.

I just love driving the car. So much fun.

Good luck to those still waiting to take delivery! You all should get your cars in the next week. You will quickly forget the agony of waiting when you are sitting in your new car.
nice we have the exact same build and I ordered two day after you so heres to wishful thinking that I actually see something

Reactions: Greg007