Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1624492929677.png

Please share the script ?
It's a pretty rudimentary python script. And it's set to notify me via my local Home Assistant instance (so it will notify my phone and watch). You'll probably need to change this to something else like Telegram or email or something. You'll also need to install the Chrome selenium driver (and Chrome obviously) or another browser driver that selenium supports. And then you'll need to add your account user, password, and order number.

Python:
from datetime import datetime
import json
import requests
from selenium import webdriver
from time import sleep

USERNAME = '' # Tesla username/email
PASSWORD = '' # Tesla account password
TESLA_RN = '' # Tesla Order Number (starts with RN)
TESLA_ACCOUNT_PAGE = 'https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn={}'.format(TESLA_RN)

HA_NOTIFY_URL = '' # Home Assistant REST endpoint to the device/group you want to notify
HA_TOKEN = '' # Home Assistant user auth token

def send_notification(edd_to_notify=None, problem=False):
    headers = {
        "Authorization": "Bearer " + HA_TOKEN,
        "content-type": "application/json",
    }
    if problem:
        data = {
            'title': 'Problem Getting EDD!',
            'message': 'Could not get EDD. Go check now!'
        }
    else:
        data = {
            'title': 'Tesla EDD has changed!!',
            'message': edd_to_notify
        }

response = requests.post(url=HA_NOTIFY_URL, data=json.dumps(data), headers=headers)
    if response.status_code != 200:
        print('There was a problem sending notification: {}'.format(response.text))

driver = webdriver.Chrome()

driver.get(TESLA_ACCOUNT_PAGE)
username = driver.find_element_by_id("form-input-identity")
if username:
    print("We're on the login page")
password = driver.find_element_by_id("form-input-credential")
button = driver.find_element_by_id("form-submit-continue")
username.send_keys(USERNAME)
password.send_keys(PASSWORD)
button.click()

# We should be logged in now and can go directly to the car order page
driver.get(TESLA_ACCOUNT_PAGE)
edd = ''
current_edd = ''
while True:
    try:
        current_edd = driver.find_element_by_class_name('tds-text--h6').text
    except Exception as e:
        print('{}: There was an issue finding the EDD. Maybe something has changed?'
              .format(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")))
        send_notification(problem=True)
        pass
    if not edd:
        edd = current_edd
    if current_edd != edd:
        print('{}: There was a change!!!'.format(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")))
        send_notification(edd_to_notify=current_edd)
        edd = current_edd
    else:
        print('{}: No changes detected (still {})'.format(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), current_edd))
    try:
        driver.refresh()
    except Exception as e:
        print('Problem reloading. Exception details:\n{}'.format(e))
        continue
    sleep(300)

Reactions: Jaro
Totally know how you feel. I've been without one for 3 mths. sold in March before I ordered on 3/31....been sharing cars with my hubby & teenager.
I agree, it’s been rough! Sold my 2019 Toyota Tacoma last month and borrowed a 2005 Toyota Camry. Had the same car over 10 years ago. Nice then but not so much now. Cannot wait any longer! Going to drive the Camry over to Fremont MY impound and break her out! 🤫

Hey hey. I just got the “do you want a JUNE delivery” text message. Of course I said yes… I mean JUNE. My latest EDD this morning was June 24 to June 30.

Order and profile completion on April 19 for a MYLR MSM, black, 5, gemini, tow, no FSD.
Update: got my blue button of imminent deliverance and my VIN which is 209XXX. It’s asking for final payment now and estimates delivery in the next 3 days.

are they in a different location?
No, we live about three miles from each other. I ordered online 4/26 after visiting UTC/San Diego showroom. They ordered around 5/12 from the same showroom. I think they might have even changed their color once (originally white, changed to MSM, which is what I ordered). I saw their car over the weekend, and it's awesome--exactly what I ordered. My friends feel bad about it, but I don't blame them, I blame Elon.

Got the text as well!!

Congrats! Wonder why the VIN is on the low side. Not a demo/showroom car I assume.
Will confirm, FWIW, Order 5/2 (but this was an order that I did 3/30, matched VIN in an hour, released vehicle and then placed on Hold until 5/2). Today, got June text, the Blue Button and high VIN 218xxx. No payment email yet but got text after I replied "June" saying "Thank you for your reply! Please check your Tesla.com Account to ensure all steps are completed..."

Meanwhile fingers crossed on the Infrastructure Bill and the tax credit

5/2 Order: LR, Blue, 20 inch, 5 seats, Tow and FSD