Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following this thread for a week and just registered to share here too (doesn't seem allow setting up a signature).

Ordered 4/26. MYLR. White & Black. 19". No Tow. No FSD.

So basically all basic settings (since I'm leasing it). Been through 06/xx - 06/30 squeeze and this weekend EDD sitting at "September" now. Never get any email, VIN, JUNE text or blue button...Uploaded my own insurance a few days ago since a few posts say it matters. Hopefully I'll get mine soon!

MYLR Black/Black no tow no FSD, Ordered 4/18 profile completion around 1st week of May, been waiting annnnnd….boom! Just received the “final payment” email an hour ago, got my VIN and EDD 6/29 - 6/30! I suppose they’re doing this in batches now to meet the EOQ rush cuz just saw other folks on this forum getting it too. So excited! Can’t wait!

a couple of questions tho, appreciate any takeaway:

- Tesla insurance vs others? Ive heard some good things about tesla insurance and their roadside assistance, but the quote is slightly higher so I’m just giving it more thoughts

- payment before delivery? Ive read other people wait until they see their car to submit the entire payment. Same concern here but I don’t know if that would cause any delay?

- home charging: still haven’t got my home charger since I didn’t believe that it’ll be here before next quarter. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with installing home charger and any recommended electrician in OC area?

thanks!!!
Congrats!!

I paid cash, so I waited to pay until the car was delivered to my house. I checked out the exterior which was perfect. Then I made the payment and clicked accept delivery. Not sure how it would work for those doing 3rd party financing.

I also used A-EV Installs (as @lalalaker recommended) to install the Wall Connector. They were very professional and did a great job.

Ordered MYP on 5/7. Vin received 6/23. Home delivery 6/24.

Car was just about perfect. Slight smudge on drivers side B pillar headliner from adhesive, maybe. Front hood near emblem was not completely flush... But, otherwise, looks great. I should add, I'm not going to put PPF or ceramic coat. To me, this is a daily driver family car, and not a GT3. It's going to get used. Also, over 500 miles now since the 24th. The car is better than I could have imagined.

Hang tight everyone, your car is coming!

Exciting! Are you doing any tinting on the front/windshield?
I'll definitely post pics... would feel a lot better about all of this if an MVPA would show up.
I didn't schedule the tinting yet. I'll talk to them about it when I'm there.

For those that are financing, I'm wondering if the MVPA needs to be attached to your account manually? When my brother got his M3 VIN earlier this month, the MVPA was not in his account. He needed it to give to the Credit Union in order for them to cut a check. He dropped by the Costa Mesa SC and they got it attached and emailed him a copy. He said he was in and out in 5 minutes.

Been following this thread for a week and just registered to share here too (doesn't seem allow setting up a signature).

Ordered 4/26. MYLR. White & Black. 19". No Tow. No FSD.

So basically all basic settings (since I'm leasing it). Been through 06/xx - 06/30 squeeze and this weekend EDD sitting at "September" now. Never get any email, VIN, JUNE text or blue button...Uploaded my own insurance a few days ago since a few posts say it matters. Hopefully I'll get mine soon!
You can add a signature after 5 posts. Hold in there, lots of us in the "September" camp now. Since you ordered back in April I suspect your VIN can't be too far away now! 🤞🏼

Ordered MYP on 5/7. Vin received 6/23. Home delivery 6/24.

Car was just about perfect. Slight smudge on drivers side B pillar headliner from adhesive, maybe. Front hood near emblem was not completely flush... But, otherwise, looks great. I should add, I'm not going to put PPF or ceramic coat. To me, this is a daily driver family car, and not a GT3. It's going to get used. Also, over 500 miles now since the 24th. The car is better than I could have imagined.

Hang tight everyone, your car is coming!
Where was your delivery based out of?

I just got a reply to the June delivery text I received on Tuesday. Looks like they are trying to centralize scheduling deliveries.

D87351BF-03DA-429B-90E2-DE6D86A1BE0A.jpeg

Just got a call from Tesla saying they are moving my delivery appointment from 28th to the 30th. They say this is because the car isn't built yet (something I find hard to believe since it has a vin of 217xxx). I feel they are delaying because the car didn't pass some inspection, and needs to get fixed. We are also flying out on the 1st, so this would leave very little time to even inspect the car if they deliver on the 30th. Really tempted to cancel this vin, which means I have to wait until September at least. :mad:

Update: Just sent my SA an email to put my order on hold. 😢

And.. I am VIN-less again.

Last edited: