Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to delivery team out of Marina del Rey, thank you to whoever posted the tip (forgot who)! Took a 2 tries and I got connected with a delivery rep. I was able to get answers to questions I had. Extremely helpful and informative. I have a delivery set for July 14. I’ll be on vacation for a week so they mentioned they can drop off the car in the driveway and give me 3 days/100 miles to inspect. 😌 He even left a note for me to have the car parked in the driveway which was nice.

I’ll take what I can get, it’s been rough getting information and my luck isn’t as good as everyone else’s with this purchasing experience.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
We ordered 4/15 and like a lot of you I was freaking out because of how long it was taking. It was also stressful that those dates kept changing and the SA would tell me something different every time I called or emailed. We did finally get our VIN on Friday afternoon and I made my downpayment that day as well, We did 3rd party financing so we got all finalized yesterday. Thanks to this group, I knew to get a copy of the check and the FEDEX tracking number. My delivery was scheduled for Tuesday morning and I was really looking forward to that. I was shocked this morning when I call saying I could pick my car up this afternoon if I could send the documentation of my 3rd party payment. Thankfully I had that so they scheduled me for 3:00 today. The delivery experience was really great and the car is so beautiful and fun! The process isn’t fun but I would do it again to have that MY. Once that VIN came everything moved so quickly! I hoping that the rest of you get your VIN and cars very soon! There are still a few more days before the end of June..still time for it to happen. Oh and I forgot to mention that we were told that Tesla just added the heated steering wheel to the very recent MY..so all this waiting gave us an extra perk 😀

Last edited:
Update! Car came early. I am beyond excited, I feel like a kid on Christmas Day. Car looks fantastic. Very minor issues. Gaps look great. Small dent on the rear passenger door that I already logged by it’s getting dropped off in a week for PPF, so my shop might just be able to fix that for me. What everyone says is true, the wait is horrendous and all that anxiety and stress goes away immediately once you step inside the car.

Attachments

• 52BB8069-5C1B-46C4-AA3C-359741CA8852.jpeg
    52BB8069-5C1B-46C4-AA3C-359741CA8852.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 41
Just got a call from Tesla saying they are moving my delivery appointment from 28th to the 30th. They say this is because the car isn't built yet (something I find hard to believe since it has a vin of 217xxx). I feel they are delaying because the car didn't pass some inspection, and needs to get fixed. We are also flying out on the 1st, so this would leave very little time to even inspect the car if they deliver on the 30th. Really tempted to cancel this vin, which means I have to wait until September at least. :mad:

Update: Just sent my SA an email to put my order on hold. 😢

And.. I am VIN-less again.
Yeah me too - but I am in SoCal so not sure what is going on :(

I didn't even find out that my delivery date changed from the 28th to the 30th until I checked a moment ago. The delivery date has been the 28th since I received my VIN. My SA didn't even bother to call or notify me.

I will be visiting Tesla tomorrow to discuss this. Just incredibly disappointed.

Just got a call from Tesla saying they are moving my delivery appointment from 28th to the 30th. They say this is because the car isn't built yet (something I find hard to believe since it has a vin of 217xxx). I feel they are delaying because the car didn't pass some inspection, and needs to get fixed. We are also flying out on the 1st, so this would leave very little time to even inspect the car if they deliver on the 30th. Really tempted to cancel this vin, which means I have to wait until September at least. :mad:

Update: Just sent my SA an email to put my order on hold. 😢

And.. I am VIN-less again.
Ah man! That sucks. The good news though is that you can be here in September educating all the noobs. :D

Reactions: ankit
Keep the faith and check often today. My dates changed 2 or 3 times on the day I got the VIN (eventually got it in the afternoon).
I honestly don’t think it’s gonna be this month. Just being real, as I didn’t get the June text, and my SA thinks the second week in July.. Which has me wondering how far that will push.. Definitely a learning experience, and I sure as hell won’t do it again! Not really a big deal, as I don’t need to be in a rush, and still have other transportation… But just not an enjoyable and/or equitable process.

Last edited:
Was supposed to take delivery today. Was preparing for it all weekend. Even yesterday morning my delivery on my account was set for the 28th. Asked me to sign docs. Signed. Asked me to pay through plaid. Paid. All of a sudden I checked in the evening and it moved to the 30th.

I'm glad I have a VIN and a delivery date. But I'm so upset that my delivery date was changed with no notification or reason. Had to move around my scheduled to accommodate a Monday delivery. Finally allowed myself to get excited after checking yesterday morning. I like to think I'm a pretty understanding dude but this is beyond comprehension. Fine. Delay my delivery for whatever reason. But to hound us to finish paperwork/payment and to not have a say in delivery and then change the delivery date on their own whim while giving no notification to me? That's pretty upsetting.

Anyone else have their delivery date change last minute with no notification?

My EDD has been July to August for the last two weeks. Called yesterday, and an SA said that my estimated build date is in August. It's pretty rough not having my own car and having to share one that lacks air conditioning in the current heatwave here in Seattle, so I've started seriously looking at snagging an inventory car. What really sucks is it seems like the price difference I'll have to pay for even a slightly different build is around $3000 since that's how much MY have increased since I placed my order. Oh well, renting a car for a month costs like $1500 at a minimum now and there's no guarantee that I would even get my car a month from now, so not much choice.

I wish I had known sooner that my build date would end up being August so that I could have started watching inventory instead of waiting for a VIN. Everyone at Tesla had said that I'd get it no later than June up until a couple weeks ago. Not only would it have saved me money due to the price increases, but also I've been delaying moving until I have my own car. The current system really sucks.

Reactions: Vin_L and Greg007