Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's starting to feel like a pretty exclusive club.
All my fellow Tesla orderers. If you have not already done so, call 5102493100 to check on the status of your car; especially those within 2hr drive of the Fremont factory and ordered in Q3. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Oh I want to thank OC JEFF for all your help with DCU and where I could find my vin. Still trying to do see if they’ll agree to a pick rather than a home delivery for Wednesday 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼.

It’ll happen. EOQ deliveries are all over the map. The BIG BLUE BUTTON on my app never activated. All I got were emails and texts all weekend.
These inconsistencies drive me nuts for a trillions dollar company….the least they can do is make the delivery process easy, consistent and customer friendly after making people wait for so long! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your blue button never activating has me nervous that I’m going to miss something. Although, I haven’t gotten any communication at all since SEPTEMBER text.

Reactions: Bklynguy
Easiest way to track VIN is really if your Dashboard shows "2021 Tesla Model Y" or if it just shows "Tesla Model Y". If there is a year then there is a VIN. This all was updated simultaneously for me.
I don’t even look at the details at this point - no “2021”, no looky. Except maybe once a day to see if my EDD has been bumped. Again. 😂

Uh oh. Mine says "Your Model Y", is that a step farther away from VIN than "Tesla Model Y"? :)
It’s in the Dashboard view…

00261D92-B584-4301-BAEF-7825630B022D.jpeg

Call 5102493100 customer service. Tesla has been sending me text and calling me for delivery for days now. I finalized my loan this morning. Tesla customer service told me I need to forward the check image from DCU to them so I’m waiting on the image.

I also requested a pickup not a home delivery. Tesla said they are only doing home delivery and will ask if someone can schedule a pickup with me instead. We shall see.
I texted back from their text message. Then someone called me to set up the schedule.

Reactions: PB FUTED
When's your profile date? And did you make any changes since order?
Completed profile a day later, no changes made to the order. Although I recently thought about changing the interior to white and exterior paint color, then I saw the quoted difference and new EDD, and said awwwww heck to the No, cancel cancel cancel!! Everytime I see a MY on the road I get more and more inpatient while driving my ICE that I am eagerly awaiting to hand the keys over to Tesla at trade in

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso86kid
Talk about being patient!
Tell me about it! In this case I have no choice especially since I'm not dishing out more money to get faster delivery with a MYP or inventory car. I am just hoping that there is some benefit waiting for me on the other side of delivery that I can't see now. I.e. just saw that Cali has funds available again for the 2k rebate after purchase of an electric car, so that is a piece of great news I gladly welcome

These inconsistencies drive me nuts for a trillions dollar company….the least they can do is make the delivery process easy, consistent and customer friendly after making people wait for so long! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your blue button never activating has me nervous that I’m going to miss something. Although, I haven’t gotten any communication at all since SEPTEMBER text.
Has anyone received any updates since that September text??