Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refreshed yesterday afternoon (6/24) after posting here an EDD of August 25 - September 14 in the morning. Received VIN 218### and revised delivery date of June 25 - June 30. Accepted Tesla Vision and uploaded insurance info. Waiting to be contacted by SA. :)
Got a call from Tesla Friday afternoon 6/25 saying car was finishing production and scheduled a Monday 6/28 pickup in Corte Madera. Got a call Saturday afternoon asking if I could pick up that evening (no) so scheduled Sunday 6/27 pickup. Yea! Slight mis-alignment of frunk hood and bad down to the primer scratches on the rear hatch around the window. Looks like they dragged the window across the hatch frame when installing the glass. everything else looks good.

Reactions: Slomo_65
Higuys, new to here, ordered on 5/16, the estimated delivery time keep changing around. the picture below is the payment method that the website wanted me to confirm. i did that million times with different phone and different computer, never confirmed. i keep getting email from tesla that asking me to confirm the payment method, and i also called and ask for help, but they always tell me that there is technical problem, and asked me to try the next day. But it never worked so i gave up. just wondering is this normal or not? will it affect my delivery time? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.57.41 AM.png

Higuys, new to here, ordered on 5/16, the estimated delivery time keep changing around. the picture below is the payment method that the website wanted me to confirm. i did that million times with different phone and different computer, never confirmed. i keep getting email from tesla that asking me to confirm the payment method, and i also called and ask for help, but they always tell me that there is technical problem, and asked me to try the next day. But it never worked so i gave up. just wondering is this normal or not? will it affect my delivery time? Thanks.
View attachment 679169
Your order isn’t complete and you’re not considered “in the waiting queue” until you confirm your loan / payment. There are those that advise to just have a pay as cash option and when you get your vin, talk with your service advisor or call tesla directly to change it to financing and apply and confirm the loan then.
Why do it like that? Because delivery time for most orders and profile completions are going towards September. And a loan application expires in 60 days.

View attachment 679169
Had the same thing happen to me back in MAY, I tried during the late night hours and it worked then…hence I’m posting at 130am pst, I work late.

Had the same thing happen to me back in MAY, I tried during the late night hours and it worked then…hence I’m posting at 130am pst, I work late.
Arrrrrr so frustrating ... I called for five times already and nope of them are helpful.. it's 2 am now and i tried and it didn't work....it's been 1.5 months right now and I am afraid I am waiting for nothing because my profile is not completed which I click confirm million times every single day...

I’m picking up mine today. It was scheduled for home delivery tomorrow but I opted to speak to SA. They called back and said car is onsite but to give them 3 hours for prep work. Hopefully, this means aligning all the doors and ensuring no scratches are on the car. 😂 fingers crosssed there are no issues.

Picked up my MY from Marina Del Rey yesterday and it was looking pretty darn good overall. Mild panel alignment issue with the trunk but not bad and all else looking pretty solid with the exterior. The only thing I might have the service center replace is the driver’s side door handle that is chipped. It’s small, but I’m just afraid it might get worse over time if not replaced now. There was also a minor rock chip in the exact spot that Tesla is now selling PPF for (the rear rocker panel). The interior was pretty much flawless and the quality control has gotten significantly better (VIN # 217xxx). All-in-all, I’m very happy with it! Good luck to all those picking up their cars soon.

who was your SA? we have the exact config and wondering if they matched you to an existing inventory that had miles on it ? I'm in los angeles and i opted to pickup from Marina Del Rey but they stated that within the LA region, it's only home deliveries no pickups.

Arrrrrr so frustrating ... I called for five times already and nope of them are helpful.. it's 2 am now and i tried and it didn't work....it's been 1.5 months right now and I am afraid I am waiting for nothing because my profile is not completed which I click confirm million times every single day...
You have been trying to complete your profile for 1.5 mos? Thats insane...thats unacceptable on Tesla's part. Wow..best of luck to you hope you get it figured out. They are selling so many it honestly looks like they dont give a f@#$.

Update, Order date of 5/26, still stuck on 2-13 weeks time frame since the order date.

My Dad ordered on 4/23 and was delivered 6/28. I was told they are doing day and night deliveries. Even if window show 9-6pm, they go later. His was delivered at 8pm. Trying to reach an SA is also nearly impossible due to so many of us calling. It’s annoying for sure but patience is key.