Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
finally got a vin this afternoon!. Edd is now sept 4-9. What sucks is that I’m currently in San Diego for the weekend and I’m supposed to pick up from Buena Park. No call or text from them yet. Ordered 5/29 MYLR white/black/20in 7 seat.
What are the chances, I was also in San Diego yesterday and got my VIN number while there and schedule to pick up my MYLR navy/black/19inch 5 seat today at Buena Park.

Reactions: Limchori
This morning My EDD was Pushed out to September 9 - September 29. I was in my previous window of September 4th - September 24th. This is the second time this has happened while I was inside my window.. does this rate a badge? Lol maybe call it “Twice unlucky”?
I've been in my window 4 times (as of yesterday), and I've been kicked out 3. Seems to be SOP.

Reactions: Limchori
On Sept 3, 2021, I called Tesla at 1-888-518-3752 and left a VM regarding no VIN after 95 days. Also texted SA and no communication back from Tesla or SA. So, I went to the Rocklin store and Sacramento store where the SA works and complained about no communication but received comparable information the car was set to be built 9/17-18 and would be given a VIN about the same time. I just got a call today from the SA who has an existing inventory car with 20 inch rather than 19 wheels and blue rather than white, otherwise it is a blk interior 5 seater with no tow. I accepted his proposal and he said I would have a VIN asap and delivery should be less than a week away. WOOT!

On Sept 3, 2021, I called Tesla at 1-888-518-3752 and left a VM regarding no VIN after 95 days. Also texted SA and no communication back from Tesla or SA. So, I went to the Rocklin store and Sacramento store where the SA works and complained about no communication but received comparable information the car was set to be built 9/17-18 and would be given a VIN about the same time. I just got a call today from the SA who has an existing inventory car with 20 inch rather than 19 wheels and blue rather than white, otherwise it is a blk interior 5 seater with no tow. I accepted his proposal and he said I would have a VIN asap and delivery should be less than a week away. WOOT!
Nice! I hemmed and hawed between white and blue, but I ended up choosing white on white - I think I’m gonna hold out for the specs I ordered though. I feel like there is more activity lately and I feel like I’m getting close 🤞🏻

So that means you are paying any difference in price for the different specs AND the price increase ?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Nice! I hemmed and hawed between white and blue, but I ended up choosing white on white - I think I’m gonna hold out for the specs I ordered though. I feel like there is more activity lately and I feel like I’m getting close 🤞🏻
Actually, my wife saw a blue Model Y a couple of days ago and remarked how she liked it. So when the SA called with a blue instead of white, she jumped on it. The only variation is 20" wheels instead of 19" but I can live with that.

So that means you are paying any difference in price for the different specs AND the price increase ?
Original price with payment for blue paint and 20' wheels. Thus, S3,000 more but that is a small price to pay since I have been waiting now for 97 days, no VIN, not knowing when, if at all, I would have a car even by the end of this year.