Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🎉🎉🎉

I logged into the Tesla account. Didn't see any Tesla Vision pop-up, so naturally scrolled down to confirm my EDD. Yup, the date 9/5-9/17 still remains. And right below that? A pretty little VIN 🥳🥳🥳

VIN is 263XXX. MYLR Blue OD 5/18

I hope eve
Just got my VIN like I said...because I am out of town..smh

This morning My EDD was Pushed out to September 9 - September 29. I was in my previous window of September 4th - September 24th. This is the second time this has happened while I was inside my window.. does this rate a badge? Lol maybe call it “Twice unlucky”?
Hi did tou receive any txt from tesla regarding new owner orentation?

This morning My EDD was Pushed out to September 9 - September 29. I was in my previous window of September 4th - September 24th. This is the second time this has happened while I was inside my window.. does this rate a badge? Lol maybe call it “Twice unlucky”?
Yes I received that email like in July
Ok. I just recieived this morning.

I don’t get it, I’m getting paranoid that my order is black balled or just on hold. I go from a May 21st profile complete date. 2 trade in expires where I take it off in June. A loan expire and change it to cash in July. I’m thinking the profile is incomplete every time one of those events occurred and puts me back in the queue.
I have an October 2-22 EDD.
I’ve seen this thing always be a month out. Went from a soft date of August 18, to the 28th and now the SA just says October is probably it

Original price with payment for blue paint and 20' wheels. Thus, S3,000 more but that is a small price to pay since I have been waiting now for 97 days, no VIN, not knowing when, if at all, I would have a car even by the end of this year.
I'm happy you're getting your car, but I couldn't disagree more about a "small price to pay". It's not about the money, but rather the lack of customer service being rewarded by increased sales attainment. They didn't see that alternate car and think, "poor CarDano. He's been waiting so long. Let's see if we can get him this car today". You had to do all the leg work and it feels like they threw a car at you to stop the calls. If you say yes, great. If you say no, well they gave you an option.

I'm salty :)

• Funny
Reactions: Bklynguy and jebinc
I'm happy you're getting your car, but I couldn't disagree more about a "small price to pay". It's not about the money, but rather the lack of customer service being rewarded by increased sales attainment. They didn't see that alternate car and think, "poor CarDano. He's been waiting so long. Let's see if we can get him this car today". You had to do all the leg work and it feels like they threw a car at you to stop the calls. If you say yes, great. If you say no, well they gave you an option.

Agreed, I went over pricing on my order versus a performance.
Car purchase price based on order of March 28th 50,190 (does not include doc or tax or destination). I’m financing the car and I’m happy with the monthly payment that comes out to about 700 bucks a month (does not include insurance) : total cash outlay is about 7000 up front to get to that number.
If I went with a change in my order, which would change the price or even get an inventory car that’s “similar” I’d have to front an additional 4000 just to “get a car” after all that waiting.

I’m lucky enough not to be in a rush to get a car, but I’d like to understand some of the rhyme behind the reason, which unfortunately the front line workers can’t explain. So with people “switching” their orders or just paying the “difference” it’s a little off putting to think a company that has the great technology seems to just force people into a corner to nickel and dime you indirectly. Seems like a trend and honestly …that’s either really smart on their marketing department or really concerning once Ford or other car company’s catch up.

I am too!! That’s my configuration that ended up being offered. I ordered and completed profile in May. I guess it’s all about the squeaky wheel.

Reactions: jebinc
OD and completed profile 5/31. EDD moved from 7/24-8/11 to several dates in September, then to generic "October" and now at 10/2-22 for the last two weeks. Oh yeah and no VIN in sight. MYLR white/blk interior, 19" wheels, no tow, 5 seater, no fsd, in fact no extras at all. How long does it take for Tesla to come up with a basic plain vanilla Model Y? It's been 94 days.
Seriously!

I don’t get it, I’m getting paranoid that my order is black balled or just on hold. I go from a May 21st profile complete date. 2 trade in expires where I take it off in June. A loan expire and change it to cash in July. I’m thinking the profile is incomplete every time one of those events occurred and puts me back in the queue.
I have an October 2-22 EDD.
I’ve seen this thing always be a month out. Went from a soft date of August 18, to the 28th and now the SA just says October is probably it.
Same here!