Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any MAY orders, specifically profile completed May 21st that have white : black 19s and no tow located in So Cal have a EDD of October ? I’ve seen some people on here with EDD 10/2 - 10/22, wondering if we’ll see a VIN closer at the end of the month

I got a txt from tesla regarding new owners virtual orentation regarding prepared for you delivery. My current EDD 9/11- 9/30.
It’s a generic text. You can rsvp to that thing but they send it out to people that may be getting closer to a vin or just send it out to old orders. I got that text 2 weeks ago and as you can tell I still have no VIN and my EDD is October 2-22.
0E023A06-3B05-4F8A-A7ED-5877D7B7A9AE.jpeg

Well, I do have a small victory. Yesterday I was inside my EDD for the first time (9/5-9/25) and this morning my EDD changed +3/+0. So for the very first time in 95 days my window is less than 20 days. New EDD is 9/8-9/25.

I’m taking this as very good news that I’ll be getting a delivery sometime this month.

I know I’m not a May order but I feel like my CA 6/4 order has been on a very similar timeline to you guys so I appreciate you letting me chill out here in your waiting room. 😎👍🏻

Any MAY orders, specifically profile completed May 21st that have white : black 19s and no tow located in So Cal have a EDD of October ? I’ve seen some people on here with EDD 10/2 - 10/22, wondering if we’ll see a VIN closer at the end of the month
April 30 order with the same specs and EDD of 10/3‐10/23, so just one day off.

no changes
no vin
wakeup from another disappointed waiting day
OD 5/23. MYLR MN Slvr, black int, 20” no tow. Been lurking in the shadows of this forum sharing the dismay and trepidation. After the usual schizophrenic shifts in EDD got a VIN at 10:00pm last night. EDD changed this morning to 9/8-11. Hang in there May orders. Quarter end push is upon is. I’m in South Bay.

OD 5/23. MYLR MN Slvr, black int, 20” no tow. Been lurking in the shadows of this forum sharing the dismay and trepidation. After the usual schizophrenic shifts in EDD got a VIN at 10:00pm last night. EDD changed this morning to 9/8-11. Hang in there May orders. Quarter end push is upon is. I’m in South Bay.
Nice! Good to see Bay Area folks getting VINs as well and that Tesla is not pushing all of the Bay Area deliveries to the last few days of the quarter.

Reactions: Where’s my car
It’s a generic text. You can rsvp to that thing but they send it out to people that may be getting closer to a vin or just send it out to old orders. I got that text 2 weeks ago and as you can tell I still have no VIN and my EDD is October 2-22. View attachment 705774
Here’s the txt by the way.

Attachments

• 4DD71FF0-4C14-4D47-AFD6-5E8E7EC6E2FB.jpeg
    4DD71FF0-4C14-4D47-AFD6-5E8E7EC6E2FB.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 26
Day 104 without a VIN so I decided to nudge the Teslas gods a little and install my 240v outlet and order my Nema 14-50 from the Tesla shop. Really hoping for a miracle this week. OD 5/25 inital EDD was 9-13 weeks and we are now on week 15. Current EDD for the last week has been 9/20-9/30 out of the Stockton SC
Snapchat-446756209.jpg

Total cost at Home Depot was about $30. Much cheaper than the $300 I was quoted!

Day 104 without a VIN so I decided to nudge the Teslas gods a little and install my 240v outlet and order my Nema 14-50 from the Tesla shop. Really hoping for a miracle this week. OD 5/25 inital EDD was 9-13 weeks and we are now on week 15. Current EDD for the last week has been 9/20-9/30 out of the Stockton SCView attachment 705850
Total cost at Home Depot was about $30. Much cheaper than the $300 I was quoted!
$30? LoL. Sounds like you might have skipped the electrical permit...

Joking aside, it looks great and installing below the electrical box... I had to run $250 worth of 6/3 Romex to get to the exterior outlet I installed. That felt like it needed a bit more scrutiny. That, and my real estate broker wife insisted on the permit. 😆

Wow...I am so sorry some of you who ordered your cars in the Spring, still do not have them yet :(

I placed my order on 7/2/21. My original delivery date was 7/26, and then it bounced around from early Aug, end of Aug, early Sept, middle of Sept and at one point it said 9/28.

The first week of August I got a text and an email to sign up for a Live tutorial and then about a week later, my car was delivered on 8/15.

Looking at what so many are going through, what I thought was a ridiculous wait 02 July to 15 Aug was nothing!!! Keeping positive thoughts for all of you!

Reactions: chele_14