Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a vin when jasper was in JAM or the other was in Mexico - around that time anyway. There was also one at the docks in SFO however and going by this thread and VIN allocations could be anywhere from when the ship arrives at SFO or his the canal.. As its a company car i'm a little less fussed on the time of delivery due to the tax not dropping till April. Lord knows how many are going to be ordered come Jan/Feb to take advantage of the April CCT breaks which is why i ordered 'early'.

I got a vin when jasper was in JAM or the other was in Mexico - around that time anyway. There was also one at the docks in SFO however and going by this thread and VIN allocations could be anywhere from when the ship arrives at SFO or his the canal.. As its a company car i'm a little less fussed on the time of delivery due to the tax not dropping till April. Lord knows how many are going to be ordered come Jan/Feb to take advantage of the April CCT breaks which is why i ordered 'early'.
What have I missed with regards to this 0% benefit in kind. I went private because I'm going to drive this car for years but cant help but feel I'm missing out here....

What have I missed with regards to this 0% benefit in kind. I went private because I'm going to drive this car for years but cant help but feel I'm missing out here....

Well depends, if a company leases the car you have 0%/1%/2% BIK from April 2020. If the company buys the car then they also get 100%
capital allowance. So if the car was 50k and your profits were 50k it basically wipes that out, so you don't pay corp. tax on that amount.

100% Tax Relief on Tesla Model X Continues - Friend and Grant

Im not an accountant so don't take my word as any sort of professional advice :)

Apologies if it’s earlier in the thread - but does anyone know how many cars are aboard each of the Jasper Arrow; the Glovis Cosmos and the Grand Neptune.

Just interested! Was thinking it whilst ship-tracking and looking at the lock-transit photos. I know the ones destined for the UK are only a fraction though.

Google won’t tell me. Maybe I can find their cargo tonnage and divide by car mass.

Apologies if it’s earlier in the thread - but does anyone know how many cars are aboard each of the Jasper Arrow; the Glovis Cosmos and the Grand Neptune.

Just interested! Was thinking it whilst ship-tracking and looking at the lock-transit photos. I know the ones destined for the UK are only a fraction though.

Google won’t tell me. Maybe I can find their cargo tonnage and divide by car mass.
About 3.5 -> 4k
A mix of LHD and RHD Model S, X, 3

Well depends, if a company leases the car you have 0%/1%/2% BIK from April 2020. If the company buys the car then they also get 100%
capital allowance. So if the car was 50k and your profits were 50k it basically wipes that out, so you don't pay corp. tax on that amount.

100% Tax Relief on Tesla Model X Continues - Friend and Grant

Im not an accountant so don't take my word as any sort of professional advice :)
Please.... Explain to me like I'm an idiot. Let's say I earn 100k, just to make the sums easier.
I pay 0 year 1, 1k year 2, 2k year 3? For buying purposes :The company I work for make about 2m profit a year.
Is there a way they could buy it but I could buy from them after they wipe it off the books after 3 years, assuming I could convince the board.

Jasper Arrow's berth at Zeebrugge was 'ice'd' and so arrival further delayed.
Not sure how UK bound cars will travel to UK and what effect the delayed arrival will have had on their final leg.
Jasper Arrow is not scheduled to Southampton.
Traditionally cars to North went to Grimsby and South to Sheerness.
It will be interesting to see whether Southampton features at all this time.

Jasper Arrow's berth at Zeebrugge was 'ice'd' and so arrival further delayed.
Not sure how UK bound cars will travel to UK and what effect the delayed arrival will have had on their final leg.
Jasper Arrow is not scheduled to Southampton.
Traditionally cars to North went to Grimsby and South to Sheerness.
It will be interesting to see whether Southampton features at all this time.
I can see Jasper arrived at 4am this morning now.

My car (delivery at the end this week) is on this boat, so fingers crossed for no delays...

Please.... Explain to me like I'm an idiot. Let's say I earn 100k, just to make the sums easier.
I pay 0 year 1, 1k year 2, 2k year 3? For buying purposes :The company I work for make about 2m profit a year.
Is there a way they could buy it but I could buy from them after they wipe it off the books after 3 years, assuming I could convince the board.

Examples of salary sacrafice in this thread (leased via company, not the company purchasing it)

Leasing Model 3 by Salary Sacrifice.

P

yes you could buy it at market value at the end 3 years, the company would pay tax on the amount you pay for it having claimed tax relief on full invoice value at the beginning.

My car (delivery at the end this week) is on this boat, so fingers crossed for no delays...

Noob question - but how do you know your VIN is on the boat?

Cheers