Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and now the shipping forecast.
The next ship to unload is the SFL Conductor which is SW of the Scilly Isles at the moment heading for Brixham to pick up a pilot. It should arrive in Zeebrugge late Monday night/early hours of Tuesday morning.
The Glovis Cosmos is transiting the Panama Canal at the moment and so is on target to arrive at Zeebrugge around the 6 Sep.
The Glovis Sunlight is heading for the Panama Canal and is due to transit on the 1 Sep arriving Zeebrugge around 12/13 Sep.
The Glovis Courage should arrive in San Francisco tomorrow. It is pencilled in for a Panama Canal transit on the 8 Sep and so should arrive at Zeebrugge around 20 Sep.

A point to note is that since I now have my Model 3, I am about to lose any interest in ship movements until the Model Y starts shipping!

Before you do loose interest would you be kind enough to let us know what apps/websites you find best to track them and get their destinations? Thanks

So I got the text yesterday and a VIN in my SC overnight (beside myself with excitement) and it's 4753** which puts it in a batch registered 24th July. Interesting given that most VINs I see at the moment are in the 490***s on even 5******s. Hoping it means mine in going to already be in the country and suddenly appear!

My order is 48xx. I also got the text but have no SC VIN. However in my most recent interaction with an actual Tesla employee, they checked my order on their system and advised that I had been VIN matched so my car was likely in the country. So it “wouldn’t be long”. Nothing since other than the generic text many received yesterday.

Before you do loose interest would you be kind enough to let us know what apps/websites you find best to track them and get their destinations? Thanks

I used marinetraffic.com to track the ships.
The spreadsheet here is now an excellent source and is even better now with the links to San Francisco port movements, Zeebrugge port arrivals and Panama Canal bookings that are embedded at the top of the Data worksheet.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Glovis Cosmos is at last going through Gatun Locks. Better late than never.

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.48.47.png

The SFL Conductor did not pull in to Brixham and is going direct to Zeebrugge.

I’m wondering if there is a delivery bottleneck now because of lack of capacity. There are clearly lots of cars still being delivered that arrived on the Glovis Champion more than 10 days ago, and SFL Conductor is about to dock in Zeebrugge. The Glovis Cosmos will arrive in about 10 days, with the Sunlight another 10 days or so after that and the Courage in less than a month. How fast can SCs get the cars out?

tbh that is a good point, there are suppose to be like 1000 a week coming over, at the moment, and what say 10 SC's? that is a lot of cars going out of those SC's in a very short time.
I don’t think they will be doing deliveries every day, but Stockport (not a huge SC by any means) delivered between 30 and 40 cars on Friday, and Heathrow have been doing 100 in one day!

Assuming the average across all 10 SCs is 25 a day, they’d only need to work delivering cars for four days a week to get through 1000 cars.

I don’t think they will be doing deliveries every day, but Stockport (not a huge SC by any means) delivered between 30 and 40 cars on Friday, and Heathrow have been doing 100 in one day!

Assuming the average across all 10 SCs is 25 a day, they’d only need to work delivering cars for four days a week to get through 1000 cars.

Would help if they actually had all SCs handling deliveries. I’m about 12 miles away from Tesla’s Bristol SC but the only delivery options I have for delivery of my Model 3 are Heathrow or Birmingham. Which is actually ridiculous. I picked Birmingham only because it’s easy for me to get a direct train there.

Would help if they actually had all SCs handling deliveries. I’m about 12 miles away from Tesla’s Bristol SC but the only delivery options I have for delivery of my Model 3 are Heathrow or Birmingham. Which is actually ridiculous. I picked Birmingham only because it’s easy for me to get a direct train there.
Absolutely right. I have an SC less than 3 miles from my home but have to go to the West Drayton SC to collect.

I agree. Some existing SCs are really too small to handle deliveries. At Stockport on Friday they had six car-carrier loads of Model 3s delivered, which take up a lot of space. Most of the time they don’t really need that amount of space.

I was in the same boat as you with Leeds SC - much closer for me than either B’ham or Stockport, but not doing deliveries when I ordered.