Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most boats will be under 900 kg - they have to float remember! sarcasm aside, 900kg is a _lot_ of boat. even including trailers etc. Mine tows at about 200kg (mostly trailer tbh) and that is a 4.5m dingy. Much bigger and I wouldn't be comfortable towing it for the length!
A large RIB, outboard and kit would be pushing it I think. Not unusual to see this combo being towed and launched on a 4x4 SUV or sometimes something a bit smaller.

How heavy is the boat/trailer/equipment?

920 (?) Kg load, 90kg nose weight and max occupant, cargo & nose of around 400kg does not make the Model 3 a big load carrier.

My boat is a Quicksilver Activ 430 Cabin with a 30bhp mercury outboard - quick lookup online and the trailer I have is135 Kgs, the engine is 78 Kgs and the boat is 450 Kgs. So all in it weighs 663 Kgs. Factoring in some onboard fuel of a few Kgs, and its still way under the 910 Kgs limit of the tow hitch with a SR+. And most launches aren't that steep. The instant torque should help right?

Plus I'm assuming the 910 Kgs is a safe max load to cover Tesla, and not the absolute limit. ;)

I will of course test it out before getting rid of my 10yr old Kuga.

Is anyone aware of any Model 3s with tow hitch being delivered in UK yet? I registered for an M3 in July 2016 and confirmed my order for an LR AWD on 2 May 2019. I believe the tow hitch is why I have not received a VIN nor delivery notification yet. Fingers crossed it is on 1 of the Glovis' arriving in September.

A worthy spec to monitor on the sheet. I have added you on. What's your interior/exterior colours and wheel choice? Pickup location?

I ordered a white SR+ with Tow bar in the 3rd week of July. A VIN has shown up in source code in the last week. I have everything crossed that my car was on the SFL Conductor.

That's fast for a towbar order. What's your collection location?

A worthy spec to monitor on the sheet. I have added you on. What's your interior/exterior colours and wheel choice? Pickup location?

That's fast for a towbar order. What's your collection location?
Birmingham as far as I remember. I just wish the VIN was more official than just seeing it in the source code. A little more communication from the big T mothership at this stage would be really welcome just to stop the delivery anxiety. I am like a Kid at Christmastime who doesn't know when the big day is.

• Funny
Reactions: mab74 and RjbT3
Had a delivery date for about a week now for next week, had a vin and final invoice for nearly a month, this morning my final invoice has been credited, vin disappeared, delivery date is still there though.. no idea what that’s means..

Birmingham as far as I remember. I just wish the VIN was more official than just seeing it in the source code. A little more communication from the big T mothership at this stage would be really welcome just to stop the delivery anxiety. I am like a Kid at Christmastime who doesn't know when the big day is.

Agreed. Even Santa’s deliveries can be tracked via NASA at Christmas. Tesla have a lot to learn :D

Reactions: Roy W. and ChrisA70
Ordered in July too. I think someone has hit the nail on the head here. We all don’t mind a little wait but more communication is required. Also if they could make it clear what is going on with the invoices in your account. I have had numerous receipts for deposits and then credit notes for no apparent reason. They still have my deposit money though.

still no vin for me and I orderd back in july!

I ordered June 9th. No VIN (I had one, it's gone). No delivery window (I had one, 7-20 August, it's gone). No final invoice (never had one). Funnily enough (I'm trying to retain perspective on all of this chaos) a friend / referral who ordered the same spec as me a few weeks later (just a different colour) is picking up her Model 3 today. All part of the Tesla delivery lottery. I'm hoping I get a winning ticket sometime soon.

upload_2019-8-29_18-25-37.jpeg

Off Twitter - possible new shipping location