Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s my worry as I was Oct 9th but now VIN gone , so if u don’t squeeze into end Sept it will be November ....
I take it you are an Edinburgh pickup? When I was talking to them they said no more transporters coming north for current deliveries. If you call and offer to pick up else where they may have something for you? 20 mins wait on the lines this am.

I feel for everyone as like many others, I have been through the frustration. I’m not going to say, it will be OK etc because I know how that feels.

But what I will say is that after being pushed back time and time again and speculation suggests different dates or deliveries, don’t read too much into that. In the end, I took step back expectation wise and concentrated a bit more when forum mentioned boat departures and arrivals as these seem to coincide with account activity - as I don’t know what boat my car was/is on I don’t know what the trigger was. Some have been lucky to pick up some surpluses but for rest of us, it does seem to follow a pattern except the exact pattern is pure speculation. No one has a magic ball, even Tesla.

In the end, things seem to happen quite quick. Getting a Vin allocation was a nice feeling as up to that point, tow hitch hold up seemed to have no end. But it is an internal allocation and I just viewed it as being a car of our spec exists somewhere but it may not be ours. In space of final couple of weeks, we went from vin allocation and our car being at a port somewhere, to some point October, maybe September, to confirmed vin, delivery date and final invoice.

Some deliveries seem to have been better and some more troubled, but seem to be down to being in right place at right time, or wrong place at wrong time.

All this quarter end brings some madness and some staff can be described as arrogant at best. Along with laughable initial delivery estimates and guesses by Tesla staff being taken at face value, it’s an order/delivery process that in its current state is flawed at managing people’s expectations. Add in Internet communities, it becomes a bit of a rollercoaster. Thankfully you can get off and I don’t blame some. It’s not a pleasant ride at times.

Tesla really needs to address this. I never buy the excuse of victim of their own success if any company, especially when to many there are many easy small fixes to be had to dramatically improve things. I will exit this process with a completely different view of the Tesla that I had at the beginning and invested in. As time goes on, people and myself will be less forgiving.

Apologies for long post. Sitting with a coffee and it just flowed off my post exercise caffeine and endorphin twitching fingers.

If I was in Edinburgh, I would see if you could change delivery centre, lets face it it is not that expensive now days if you book ahead on a train, if you want a car bad enough, I certainly would.
£30 to Manchester for me. Was going that direction for work anyway, but surprised me quite a bit!

Coming from Ireland it's still a flight + ferry so can't be that drastically different.

Tbh, I just called last Friday on what was to be first of a series of weakly calls to make sure I was the squeeky wheel and didn't get a second VIN allocated and removed. Guess I got lucky tho as the lady I spoke to just set about finding a car I was happy with that I could get if I traveled.

Can't hurt to call and ask. Once presented with some options you make the decision.

Tbh, I just called last Friday on what was to be first of a series of weakly calls to make sure I was the squeeky wheel and didn't get a second VIN allocated and removed. Guess I got lucky tho as the lady I spoke to just set about finding a car I was happy with that I could get if I travelled.

Can't hurt to call and ask. Once presented with some options you make the decision.

as I said im going to just call every few days now and see if there are cancelations further south or north and go from there. if it happens I get a call one day saying iv got a fresh car then woop but until then meh... take it as a life experience move on and advice everyone I know not to go tesla for customer support ever just the car

as I said im going to just call every few days now and see if there are cancelations further south or north and go from there. if it happens I get a call one day saying iv got a fresh car then woop but until then meh... take it as a life experience move on and advice everyone I know not to go tesla for customer support ever just the car

What number do you ring for this , a UK wife specific number as opposed to branch direct ?

Looking at the quarterly pattern, it could be after the 1st week of October before there is another heading this way. Anything made this week will certainly be destined to be sold close to the factory if they want to boost numbers.
dosnt answer my question. my question was " what ship is set to come" considering I was told by delivery gb that I should call again in 2 weeks when the next ship to arrive is DUE.

Anything made this week will certainly be destined to be sold close to the factory if they want to boost numbers

Roll on Euro GigaFactory then? Whilst the quarterly sales numbers count more than customer service and re-stocking from the US takes a sizeable chunk of the quarter we'll always be subject to the kind of feast-and-famine cycles we've been seeing recently. A "local" production centre would help break the cycle a little by having a more steady flow of stock and the possibility of building up a reserve.

Tbh, I just called last Friday on what was to be first of a series of weakly calls to make sure I was the squeeky wheel and didn't get a second VIN allocated and removed. Guess I got lucky tho as the lady I spoke to just set about finding a car I was happy with that I could get if I traveled.

After reading your comment, I did the same thing and managed to get a result, possibly... The lady I got (Kim) was very helpful and managed to locate a car for me in Birmingham. The caveat is that I need to pick it up, and pay for, on Monday the 30th... So, as long as EST (Scotland) will allow me to make payment before they have processed my loan claim (they take 10 days...), I will have a new car.
I have assumed EST will make the funds available to my bank account and not directly toTesla (if I have read the loan detail correctly...).

After reading your comment, I did the same thing and managed to get a result, possibly... The lady I got (Kim) was very helpful and managed to locate a car for me in Birmingham. The caveat is that I need to pick it up, and pay for, on Monday the 30th... So, as long as EST (Scotland) will allow me to make payment before they have processed my loan claim (they take 10 days...), I will have a new car.
I have assumed EST will make the funds available to my bank account and not directly toTesla (if I have read the loan detail correctly...).
This is what they do, and a similar trip I am on, and I saw someone else pulling the same thing. Get invoice, email to EST, pay for car from other more readily available funds, drive off, celebrate etc, get money from EST, repay whatever temp funding solution you found, provide the receipted invoice from tesla to show you did actually buy one.

Schedule 2 EST loan agreement said:
5. With the exception of an initial deposit, the Borrower must not have made any other payment
towards the purchase of the Vehicle before the Loan is advanced to the Borrower.

Emphasis mine.

Technically we are being naughty. Hope they don't notice or are nice understanding people. Fortunately I'm in a position its annoying if the loan doesn't come through, rather than I'd have to return the car. If I was relying on the loan my attitude would be different or I would be talking it over with them first.