TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. pmg102

pmg102 Member

I’m really chuffed you managed to see it on the webcam. I was at a concert last night and didn’t get the chance to look

Just got to that one of those cars ends up on my driveway.

2. Thomami

Thomami Member

Never known a car have such an effect on people, I’m wondering whether ship spotting can get any more exciting! :D I’m enjoying all the comments but not got so much as a sniff of a VIN yet :(so I reckon I’ll be waiting for the next batch of boats with a different view...

• Like x 1
  3. Alex987854

Alex987854 Member

Just been on the phone to deliveries and was told the next ship will be mid October.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. nightowl

nightowl Member

Bet that's when it's departing, and not from Philadelphia either! :p

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

My man on the ground in Southampton confirms a large delivery this morning...

6. Epico

Epico Member

That sounds like code for needing to use the facilities...

• Funny x 4
  7. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Which just proves even more the load of bull they pulled saying I'd be getting mine late September early Oct at the latest

8. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

I think there may be a few cars hiding somewhere. I spotted an S hiding somewhere today. Hopefully its either inventory or someone has not been waiting too long for it but at least it was partially protected.

9. nightowl

nightowl Member

Hoegh Oslo has left Southampton earlier today and is heading East possibly back toward Zeebrugge? (Destination hasn't been updated yet but hovering the mouse over the ETA suggests "NL FLS" though)

Glovis Courage still moored at Zeebrugge.

10. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

What is thst going to eb doing I wonder.

11. nightowl

nightowl Member

Glovis Courage left during Sunday, afternoon and has arrived in Amsterdam. It left exactly 1 week after Glovis Sunlight did.

I wonder when the cars from this one will reach the UK? Assuming they're not just intended for Europe...

12. Andy_T_73

Andy_T_73 Member

So no more planned ships that we know of yet?

13. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

I think this time next week you will see more ships heading our way, can't see anything this week as I'd guess all production will be for the states to get Q3 sales as high as possible.

14. Avendit

Avendit Member

Piecing together the info and rumours from various people's calls to Tesla, I think nothing will load in the US till mid Oct, to be with us early Nov. Anyone's guess which side of the US that will come from.

• Like x 1
  15. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

I do not think anything will be over for a while, fact is UK bought far more 3's than they ever imagined I bet they even originally built a load of stock RHD, and they have gone as well, still with a waiting list, it might explain how people have got cars at a very short notice, I doubt there were many cancellations, and those were probably 19" wheels and Tow Bars. I think it is highly plausible that T3 will be the highest selling car for September in the UK.

• Like x 2
  16. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

And worse selling in October. Imagine DM headlines - “Sales of Tesla cars crash”

• Like x 2
  17. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

That’s my worry as I was Oct 9th but now VIN gone , so if u don’t squeeze into end Sept it will be November ....

18. ProfessorK

ProfessorK Member

Bloody hope not! Unless they'll have such a surplus on UK soil with the last few shipments that they're just going through the stock as fast as they can, allocating them. I've gone from August, to September and now October with my "you'll get the car then!" speech... wearing a bit thin. Even the guy who used my referral code has gotten his car before me.

*takes deep breath and whispers the 'it'll be worth it' mantra ad infinum*

19. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

The Tesla business model is to build and get paid for cars in the same quarterly accounting period. If they built a car now (late Sept in Q3) and export it to UK, they won't get paid for it until Oct (Q4) which is not what they want. So on that basis, that next ship with cars for the UK will be around the middle of Oct (assuming Tesla make a batch of RHD cars in early Oct). If they ship them from San Francisco via the Panama Canal you are looking at a 3 week transit to Zeebrugge and say another couple of days to reach the UK, which puts delivery of that batch to around 9 Nov (ish) at the earliest.

• Like x 1
  20. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Update FYI.

Just got off the phone with delivery gb and they basically said after checking if there were any cancelations I could be matched for.. standard everything no fsd.

there was nothing, but the next boat is due in 2 weeks so my late September early October prediction in july was a load of bull and they shouldn't really have said that, especially not to an autistic who cant really deal with deadlines being broken but hay ho.

so I said ill call back in a week to find out what's happening he said I should try in 2 when the boat arrives.
    ...nah ill call on Wednesday and see if there's a cancelation thanks. i'll start wasting your peoples time.

tldr: no vin after 2 month no car in site call back in 2 weeks when a boat is set to arrive.

• Like x 2