Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's sounds very sad...but hey I bet you aren't the only one!

Took my wife a while to realise why I wanted to take a walk down to the beach this evening...the look she gave me! As a bonus we are picking up the car up on our 10th wedding anniversary...so that doesn't help matters!

Never known a car have such an effect on people, I’m wondering whether ship spotting can get any more exciting! :D I’m enjoying all the comments but not got so much as a sniff of a VIN yet :(so I reckon I’ll be waiting for the next batch of boats with a different view...

Reactions: Roy W.
I do not think anything will be over for a while, fact is UK bought far more 3's than they ever imagined I bet they even originally built a load of stock RHD, and they have gone as well, still with a waiting list, it might explain how people have got cars at a very short notice, I doubt there were many cancellations, and those were probably 19" wheels and Tow Bars. I think it is highly plausible that T3 will be the highest selling car for September in the UK.

Reactions: Fullerene and ringi
Bloody hope not! Unless they'll have such a surplus on UK soil with the last few shipments that they're just going through the stock as fast as they can, allocating them. I've gone from August, to September and now October with my "you'll get the car then!" speech... wearing a bit thin. Even the guy who used my referral code has gotten his car before me.

*takes deep breath and whispers the 'it'll be worth it' mantra ad infinum*

The Tesla business model is to build and get paid for cars in the same quarterly accounting period. If they built a car now (late Sept in Q3) and export it to UK, they won't get paid for it until Oct (Q4) which is not what they want. So on that basis, that next ship with cars for the UK will be around the middle of Oct (assuming Tesla make a batch of RHD cars in early Oct). If they ship them from San Francisco via the Panama Canal you are looking at a 3 week transit to Zeebrugge and say another couple of days to reach the UK, which puts delivery of that batch to around 9 Nov (ish) at the earliest.

Reactions: ringi
Update FYI.

Just got off the phone with delivery gb and they basically said after checking if there were any cancelations I could be matched for.. standard everything no fsd.

there was nothing, but the next boat is due in 2 weeks so my late September early October prediction in july was a load of bull and they shouldn't really have said that, especially not to an autistic who cant really deal with deadlines being broken but hay ho.

so I said ill call back in a week to find out what's happening he said I should try in 2 when the boat arrives.
...nah ill call on Wednesday and see if there's a cancelation thanks. i'll start wasting your peoples time.

tldr: no vin after 2 month no car in site call back in 2 weeks when a boat is set to arrive.