Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"K.Asian Beauty" set off for Pyeongtaek (South Korea) yesterday. Expected to arrive there on 17th October. It was moored for about 22 hours at pier 80. It was last seen heading in that direction but seemed likely that it would be carrying RHDs based on what was seen at the pier. So could be dropping off some LHDs on the way to somewhere else.

Seen on Twitter someone suggest "Asian Captain" which set off from Philadelphia on 21st September, currently anchored but expected to arrive today in Southampton. As before though, unsure if relevant as again I am not sure which specific part of the port Tesla was loading their cars onto ships from.

Grand Dahlia recently moored in Benicia, same place K.Asian Beauty visited before San Francisco. No onward journey details yet but last I read it was due to arrive at San Francisco 2nd October - so, tomorrow. Will there actually be enough cars to load onto it then though?

I was hopeful that there'd be at least one ship that would arrive shortly after the end of the quarter, but with "2 weeks" being told to various people at different times I'm also starting to think it's going to be another month now. Still, will be nice if something happens sooner!

On Twitter someone has mentioned Asian Captain just docking in Southampton having come from US East Coast. Jury out on whether it carries Teslas. We will know soon enough. I suppose numbers of folk being notified of deliveries might be best indicator

Last edited:
Asian Captain had come from Korea and called at 4 different US ports (the third being Philadelphia) before heading across to Southampton. Read a suggestion that it could've been dropping off some vehicles from Korea and then collecting vehicles to come to the UK. But no evidence of any of this. Next destination is Germany (Bremerhaven).

Discussion on Twitter regarding this ship:
JPR007 on Twitter

Grand Dahlia remains moored in Benicia with no onward journey details at present.

Interestingly, pier 80 appears to be getting rapidly refilled, with a mix of RHD and LHD so these are probably what will end up on Grand Dahlia. Some photos and discussions here:
#friendsdontletfriendsbuyICE on Twitter
⛴ Morten Grove on Twitter

Asian Captain - still moored at Southampton
Grand Dahlia - now moored at San Francisco pier 80, having arrived 2 hours ago. No details of where it's going next.

Got a message from a friend this morning who is waiting for their Model 3 to say theirs is being delivered on the 21st (didn't say which month but I assume October!)

Wow.

2019-10-02_09-40-00.jpg
2019-10-02_09-40-17.jpg

Reactions: Roy W.
Don’t worry Andy, there are pictures of cars stacking up from 2 days ago and there’s a sip docked at pier 80. End October early November I suspect

I've been told early Nov, I now have Birmingham as a centre, I gave Leeds, Heathrow and Birmingham as options and Heathrow is looking very busy apparently. It begs the question are more cars going to London and the south or are people requesting Heathrow because anecdotally that is where they are supplied quickest??

I've been told early Nov, I now have Birmingham as a centre, I gave Leeds, Heathrow and Birmingham as options and Heathrow is looking very busy apparently. It begs the question are more cars going to London and the south or are people requesting Heathrow because anecdotally that is where they are supplied quickest??
It's a good question. I have Leeds, but would be willing to travel if they gave me the option.