Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also one more photo from the same time as above (posted on Twitter 13 hours ago) I forgot to upload before:
Seems like the only good news in past few days. Tesla customer care have not been able to help at all.
I (or my M3) is also on the same boat as you. Ordered and signed doc with the leasing company on 9th Aug, order went to Tesla on 23rd Aug. Hope the wait gets over soon. Can only imagine how some of the guys have waited for years in this forum.

I am not expecting to see any firm news before 13th Oct when the first boat is due at Panama (or is it 14th before it reaches the canal), at which point we would start to see new SC VIN being allocated following the previous pattern. Then 2 weeks to hit Europe, and maybe another week of shipping, depending how the cars finally get to the UK.

I ordered (direct) on 27 Aug, and I'm guessing I'm just on the cusp between Grand Dahlia, and the next boat to come this way (depending on the LHD/RHD mix). Should put me either a week before my insurance renewal, or a week after I sell my current car...

I am not expecting to see any firm news before 13th Oct when the first boat is due at Panama (or is it 14th before it reaches the canal), at which point we would start to see new SC VIN being allocated following the previous pattern. Then 2 weeks to hit Europe, and maybe another week of shipping, depending how the cars finally get to the UK.

I ordered (direct) on 27 Aug, and I'm guessing I'm just on the cusp between Grand Dahlia, and the next boat to come this way (depending on the LHD/RHD mix). Should put me either a week before my insurance renewal, or a week after I sell my current car...

I ordered my White\Black SR+ from Heathrow on the 23rd August. I'm aslo hoping mine is on the Grand Dahlia!

Usually the VIN means Tesla have assigned a car to you, apparently it can happen at any time during transit - when loaded onto the ship, mid-voyage, at Panama, when it arrives at Zeebrugge, or even when it arrives in the UK at a delivery hub.

But then again people have reported that they never had a VIN appear in their account, even after they took delivery. Some people had a VIN, it disappeared and a new one appeared later.

Doesn't seem to be much consistency with the VIN assignment, but if your delivery date has passed I'd ring Tesla to see what's going on.

• Informative
Reactions: jimbo_hippo
I see Cowpring beat me to it with the announcement of Grand Pioneer's arrival earlier ;)

Some additional information seen on Twitter:
Grand Pioneer is going to be heading for Zeebrugge

According to @whitfletcher:
- Mostly LHD on the pier but there are a few (100+) RHD
- "Pier 80 SFO. As quiet as it was yesterday, it's a bee hive here today. 16 trucks unloading at same time (a record for me) and area where loaders park is full. 90% 3's, rest X. Haven't seen an S in awhile. All LHD. Pioneer is taking inventory."

Next scheduled arrivals for port 80:
Oct 12 - Morning Christina (currently heading from Hueneme to Richmond)
Oct 14 - Gentle Leader (currently heading to San Francisco, last update 10 days ago)
Oct 19 - TBD
Oct 22 - TBD

Also hoping my car's on the Grand Dahlia - ordered 27th August like tsh2.

Usually the VIN means Tesla have assigned a car to you, apparently it can happen at any time during transit - when loaded onto the ship, mid-voyage, at Panama, when it arrives at Zeebrugge, or even when it arrives in the UK at a delivery hub.

But then again people have reported that they never had a VIN appear in their account, even after they took delivery. Some people had a VIN, it disappeared and a new one appeared later.

Doesn't seem to be much consistency with the VIN assignment, but if your delivery date has passed I'd ring Tesla to see what's going on.
Thanks a lot

I used to order things from those Joke catalogues as a child and having to wait weeks for delivery. Waiting for my order reminds me of those days, albeit this is a far more exciting toy family car.
Well I hope the end result is better. The crap from those catalogues was always massively disappointing when it finally arrived.
Hopefully this is more like waiting for your presents on Christmas day. :)

Spoke to Birmingham Sales this morning (I got excited and saw a white SR+ in existing inventory but didn't see it was white interior so boooo!) and the sales guy was really really helpful - super quick to answer the phones too.

He said that they've been told a lot of cars are coming over before the 31st to beat Brexit as they have no idea how things will work afterwards. They are aiming to get most of the backlog cleared for then.

So back in Model 3 starved Ireland we've had another curve ball thrown at us. I'm buying through a company & EV tax relief being removed on 23rd October, so if you are not VIN matched to apply for tax relief this increases price by nearly €4,000! Just spoke to Call centre to see if anything could be done to VIN match me. They confirmed ship going directly to the UK due last week of October....

Otherwise was told to ask Tesla Ireland to see if they would match me to a UK inventory car

Spoke to Birmingham Sales this morning (I got excited and saw a white SR+ in existing inventory but didn't see it was white interior so boooo!) and the sales guy was really really helpful - super quick to answer the phones too.

He said that they've been told a lot of cars are coming over before the 31st to beat Brexit as they have no idea how things will work afterwards. They are aiming to get most of the backlog cleared for then.
Makes sense, figured they would try and get as many cars over here before Brexit. I wonder if the Grand Pioneer will make it in time. Brexit could be the reason they were seperating RHD Model 3s at Pier 80 - perhaps in order for cars to make it to the UK/Ireland before 31st Oct the ship unloads European M3s in Zeebrugge and keeps the RHD ones on board, then goes direct to the UK.