Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My reasoning is simple: Tesla needed/wanted to reference a bunch of unfulfilled orders rolling into Q3 for their Q2 press release. By capturing all the pent-up UK demand before June end, without having or intending to fulfil most of the orders significantly helped them do this. Hence the timing and probably also the fibbing/overly zealous delivery 'estimates' to customers about delivery in June and July.

That part I broadly agree with, it was pretty obvious they wanted to get the uk market rolling asap and it was already falling a bit behind previous estimates. It was all the rest you said about "selling out" reservation holders that made no sense to me. Regardless of when they opened the uk order book they would never have been able to deliver them all in such a short timescale. It was always going to lead to several months of backlog as any sane person would expect.

That part I broadly agree with, it was pretty obvious they wanted to get the uk market rolling asap and it was already falling a bit behind previous estimates. It was all the rest you said about "selling out" reservation holders that made no sense to me. Regardless of when they opened the uk order book they would never have been able to deliver them all in such a short timescale. It was always going to lead to several months of backlog as any sane person would expect.
Agreed. We will only see the 'selling out' of reservation holders if many many customers without reservations (and similar specs/order dates, delivery centres etc.) keep receiving vehicles first. But, to be honest, when I made that comment I was really just talking about the expectations Tesla created by opening the UK order book with the crazy estimated delivery dates, knowing (IMHO) that reservations holder orders would flood-in.

I received an email today from Codeweavers, who is the company handling the finance application process/interface between Tesla and Black Horse. It was entitled 'Tesla Motors Limited' and just thanked me for completing my finance application (which I completed in May). I had already been told by Black Horse and Tesla that it was approved. Would have made sense if I received it in May/early June.

Pretty much at the same time, a credit note was added to my Manage page for the same amount as my reservation and deposit. Anyone else seen anything similar?

I received an email today from Codeweavers, who is the company handling the finance application process/interface between Tesla and Black Horse. It was entitled 'Tesla Motors Limited' and just thanked me for completing my finance application (which I completed in May). I had already been told by Black Horse and Tesla that it was approved. Would have made sense if I received it in May/early June.

Pretty much at the same time, a credit note was added to my Manage page for the same amount as my reservation and deposit. Anyone else seen anything similar?
Yep i had that from my lease company. You get 2 new docs (Booking & Credit note). Also your Source code (where people look for the Vin) also changes with the new details added.

Tesla confirmed (on the phone) that you will get your deposit & reservation refunded after you take delivery of the car.

Yep i had that from my lease company. You get 2 new docs (Booking & Credit note). Also your Source code (where people look for the Vin) also changes with the new details added.

Tesla confirmed (on the phone) that you will get your deposit & reservation refunded after you take delivery of the car.
That's very interesting, thanks for the reply. Saves me bothering to call them.

I suppose the finance company won't take the deposit/reservation already paid to Tesla as an addition to the downpayment against the loan, so it doesn't mess up the loan and interest calculations, agreement etc. Makes sense I suppose.

So how far along are you? Any VIN/final invoice etc.?

I suppose the finance company won't take the deposit/reservation already paid to Tesla as an addition to the downpayment against the loan, so it doesn't mess up the loan and interest calculations, agreement etc. Makes sense I suppose.

No Vin or final invoice yet, Did get the call yesterday (00 47 number) to confirm all my details and location to pick up was still the same. Thats all.

Had this back in May. Nothing really changes. Also the credit note doesn’t mean you are getting a credit. It’s just internal accounting they are doing. Thought I’d mention just in case you are expecting some money back. I was confused when I first seen this.

Had this back in May. Nothing really changes. Also, the credit note doesn’t mean you are getting a credit. It’s just internal accounting they are doing. Thought I’d mention just in case you are expecting some money back. I was confused when I first seen this.
Thanks DB.

I wasn't expecting actual money back, but I was pretty confused. Interesting that you had yours all the way back in May, makes more sense. Dashes my hopes that it meant something was happening though! haha

Does anyone know how the few hundred we did receive arrived? Was it direct to Dover or via Zebrugge? Maybe if ‘our’ ship is predominantly RHD they could deliver direct to Dover and could potentially save several days of additional transfer time.

Maybe if ‘our’ ship is predominantly RHD they could deliver direct to Dover and could potentially save several days of additional transfer time.

Sorry, I can't see that happening, dockside on continent has a huge car park of destination chargers - first thing after 3-4 weeks travelling is to charge up the battery

y92jqz42hrf21.png

Last edited:
Don't want to get political but how will brexit affect that? if we end up on WTO rules delivering to EU then shipping to UK would not be a smart move either tax wise or logistically surely?
I suspect that the temporary stay in the EU would be regarded as "transit", so cars immediately re-exported to the UK would only attract [WTO 10% car] import duty in the UK, rather than attract two lots of import duty. Might be different with Model S and X when they actually add value at Tilburg.