Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tony Hoyle should most definitely have a car by now. He's a day 1 reservation holder with a day 1 order. His order number is around 1000. It's just crazy that Tesla hasn't figured something out for him or at least communicated better.
What's really bad is he's not alone. Someone is allocating cars to orders. All we want is for that someone to explain how they are doing it and be fair.

Reactions: RjbT3
What's really bad is he's not alone. Someone is allocating cars to orders. All we want is for that someone to explain how they are doing it and be fair.
Yeah. The whole service centre thing is crazy. The UK is so small, I could pick up from pretty much any one of them. Even Edinburgh. But we're restricted to one only. Not to mention being somewhat flexible on colour. Crazy.

And.. just when you think it couldn't get any sillier, this pops up on facebook: "Ordered on 3rd August. Got a hidden VIN today and a delivery window of 10th - 17th September."

FFS Tesla.

I think these folks are just ordering at the right time. Seems deliveries are starting to speed up now with larger, more regular shipments of vehicles.

We ordered on the 1st July and have a VIN, final invoice, and delivery window first half of August (no delivery date yet though). Similar sort of timeframe.

Reactions: Fullerene
Would love to rename this discussion "The Shipping Forecast"..

ordered 1st May and have no delivery window or contact

Not even a detail confirming phone call - that sucks. I am yet to receive a text, I imagine Elon rummaging around the stockroom and shouting out "I'll text them when I find the Tow Hitches!"

I hope this isn't making people feel miserable about Tesla :(

I hope this isn't making people feel miserable about Tesla :(

I was quoted longer time to delivery on other new cars (both ICE and EV). It would be nice to get a guaranteed delivery date at order from Tesla, but given that a) it takes 4-6 weeks for cars to travel from the factory to a UK delivery centre and b) they only started doing volume shipments to the UK this week, I can understand why I didn’t get one.

What Tesla could definitely have done better though is be more open about this. When I ordered my car in July both the website and the Tesla sales rep on my test drive told me to expect delivery in August. Q4 would have been more realistic.

Reactions: Roy W.
I would call sales and ask them to check your details on their system and confirm if everything was in order. I remember reading the Norway waiting room threads and there were a few cases of these unexplained radio silences and a few of them were issues relating to info not appearing on the Tesla side of the system.

I was quoted longer time to delivery on other new cars (both ICE and EV). It would be nice to get a guaranteed delivery date at order from Tesla, but given that a) it takes 4-6 weeks for cars to travel from the factory to a UK delivery centre and b) they only started doing volume shipments to the UK this week, I can understand why I didn’t get one.

What Tesla could definitely have done better though is be more open about this. When I ordered my car in July both the website and the Tesla sales rep on my test drive told me to expect delivery in August. Q4 would have been more realistic.

I'm with you on this.

Appreciate I didn't order my car until the end of July but since then I'd have been told, August, September and October delivery dates. I'd much rather have just been told October and that be that! The issue is, there doesn't seem to be any method to the madness on how cars are being allocated so maybe the order could be anytime which is why no one can give a straight answer.

I'm with you on this.

Appreciate I didn't order my car until the end of July but since then I'd have been told, August, September and October delivery dates. I'd much rather have just been told October and that be that! The issue is, there doesn't seem to be any method to the madness on how cars are being allocated so maybe the order could be anytime which is why no one can give a straight answer.

The issue seems to be that - given the long lead time factor - Tesla aren't building RHD cars to order for the UK. They're just building cars in the proportions they think will be needed, and shipping them over (they may or may not have done some "build to order" for the early May reservation orders, no-one knows).

So what seems to be happening is that Tesla UK have a stack ranked system of orders in each spec. You get extra points if you're a past Tesla owner or placed a reservation. Then as soon as a car becomes available in your spec it's offered to the next person on the list.

Therefore, if Tesla have made more black/black P+ than the UK market currently needs, you can order today and get a date in a few weeks. Equally, if they've made less of something than the UK order book currently has (tow bars are the classic here, but I've heard suggestions to this effect about red/black P+) then settle in for a long wait.

Reactions: AMC7
Thankyou

So confirming as many of us expected.

They have had my order for tow since 18th May - its hardly guesswork that my and others otherwise pretty much default spec (fsd is software so not part of build, and blue is pretty common) is going to be needed to be built, yet clearly not. I think they put too much faith in guestimating demand rather than reacting to actual demand.

Last edited:
So what seems to be happening is that Tesla UK have a stack ranked system of orders in each spec. You get extra points if you're a past Tesla owner or placed a reservation. Then as soon as a car becomes available in your spec it's offered to the next person on the list.
Except that what we're seeing are some people who have never had a reservation getting delivery dates of same spec. car to a long time reservation holder. I can't see why someone who has put their £1000 down over 3 years ago shouldn't be entitled to take delivery before someone who ordered a few weeks ago if everything else is equal.

Except that what we're seeing are some people who have never had a reservation getting delivery dates of same spec. car to a long time reservation holder. I can't see why someone who has put their £1000 down over 3 years ago shouldn't be entitled to take delivery before someone who ordered a few weeks ago if everything else is equal.

100% agree with this. I had a day 1 reservation that I cancelled last year due to circumstances. I re-ordered on 25th July M3P/Red/White/FSD. I've gone into this not expecting to see it this year as I thought it was a great British orderly queue and that everyone would be served in sequence, but it seems not to actually be a queue at all from what I've read on FB and on various forums, more like 9am at the Boxing Day sales. Bit surprised that they aren't just spec matching to the longest reservation holders in sequence, I would find it particularly antagnostic were my day 1 reservation delivered significantly later than the same spec to people who even reserved later than me, never mind didnt reserve at all!

The whole build/logistics/delivery process is particularly opaque for such a savvy tech company. Can't imagine it would be that hard to give a little more insight into where you are in the queue and improve customer satisfaction and reduce customer service effort managing customers feeling a little in the dark.

Reactions: Roy W. and MrBadger