Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Birmingham SC only opened yesterday (they were literally still sweeping the floors when I arrived yesterday morning). I only saw 4 M3s for delivery yesterday (there may have been more arriving later) - but I can't see it ever having capacity to deliver more than 20-30 a day (may be proved wrong).

Is the status where you essentially sit and wait this: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." or is mine stuck? I've got a booking invoice an order agreement and a credit note for my deposit which seems a bit weird? car is being HP'd through black horse in my limited company name. Tesla said my company had passed all the checks for that, but I've seen no finance paperwork at all, just not sure if I'm actually in the queue/chaos for delivery or not?
Pretty sure mine said that until I got home in the car (they just added documents e.g. Final Invoice)

Is the status where you essentially sit and wait this: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." or is mine stuck? I've got a booking invoice an order agreement and a credit note for my deposit which seems a bit weird? car is being HP'd through black horse in my limited company name. Tesla said my company had passed all the checks for that, but I've seen no finance paperwork at all, just not sure if I'm actually in the queue/chaos for delivery or not?

The credit note thing is wierd, but it essentially transfers the reservation and booking fees onto the deposit paid. You won't get any paperwork, or anything at all really.. you're just chasing VINs in source code like the rest of us now.

Reactions: JohnnyMiller
Pretty sure mine said that until I got home in the car (they just added documents e.g. Final Invoice)

Cheers, I'll just hang tight then (no doubt for months on end!)

The new Birmingham SC only opened yesterday (they were literally still sweeping the floors when I arrived yesterday morning). I only saw 4 M3s for delivery yesterday (there may have been more arriving later) - but I can't see it ever having capacity to deliver more than 20-30 a day (may be proved wrong).

I'm collecting from there, Hopefully it will be a bit more established by the time mine turns up.... its only 15 minutes from home for me so I'll probably have a nose when passing over the next week or so.

The credit note thing is wierd, but it essentially transfers the reservation and booking fees onto the deposit paid. You won't get any paperwork, or anything at all really.. you're just chasing VINs in source code like the rest of us now.

Cheers, I feel like I've arrived in the virtual waiting room.... lol

Reactions: Roy W.

AJonny I am at exactly the same stage (BH PCP rather than company HP) and I am hoping this is just the "waiting for a VIN stage" and we aren't stuck! I have spoken to my SC and they have confirmed all is good and just awaiting a VIN allocation. It's like waiting for Christmas as a child but you don't know when the big guy will bother to turn up!

Are Glovis VINs all allocated already? Or will we see another spate this week? (Aka how often should I press refresh?)

Also, the impression I had from the end of the last batch was that an email or text would arrive before or around a source VIN, so hitting refresh is possibly not worth the effort? Not even got a broad arrival date yet tho :-(

Are Glovis VINs all allocated already? Or will we see another spate this week? (Aka how often should I press refresh?)

Also, the impression I had from the end of the last batch was that an email or text would arrive before or around a source VIN, so hitting refresh is possibly not worth the effort? Not even got a broad arrival date yet tho :-(

I got the email and the VIN appeared at the same time, about five days after Glovis Champion left San Francisco. So I'm guessing my predicted 28th delivery is on the Champion.

Glovis Champion has arrived off the Isles of Scilly, so on track for Zeebrugge tomorrow.

Yes and the SFL Conductor is waiting at the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal for its transit scheduled for later today. So it is still on track to arrive around 26 Aug.
Meanwhile the Glovis Courage has popped up as a possible candidate for a European shipment after the Glovis Cosmos. The Courage is still in the Gulf of Mexico at the moment and I wouldn't expect to see it at Pier 80 until around 24 Aug and therefore not arriving at Zeebrugge until around 24 Sep. There will be a rush to get the cars off this ship and sold to boost the Tesla quarterly figures and so the dates will move left if at all possible.

Reactions: Roy W.

There is a VIN checker add-in for browsers.

TMC Forum UK Model 3 Order Summary Sheet

We saw some VIN allocations / delivery windows get sent while SF Conductor was loading. My assumption is that these allocations were for vehicles on SFL conductor (on the assumption that Tesla seem to be giving out consecutive 2-week delivery windows which match the ~2week frequency of ships).

Others believe these were still Glovis Champion VINs.

Also, while VIN/ship tracking was useful when there was very little progress, and no comms from Tesla it's becoming less useful.

More relevant now is that delivery windows have been sent out as far ahead as 22nd September. If you haven't received one yet you're probably looking at a date after that, unless you're fortunate enough to pick up a car that someone else can't collect.