Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you order and where from? Also were you a reservation holder? I ordered the day before and have had a general call from them today saying to expect final invoice in a week or 2.

bookaka76 - Which car ordered?
booyaka76 ordered 8th aug to 25th Sept 48 days from order to delivery based in Ayrshire so assume Edinburgh SC delivery point
avendit ordered 104 says ago - I assume from the comments that is also Edinburgh SC but ordered a towbar

I ordered (through a lease company on 14th Aug) and not heard anything as yet.

I see from “the spreadsheet “ that Glovis Courage, currently heading to SFO, is now earmarked for Zeebrugge. That’s four carriers heading to Zeebrugge by the end of September, hopefully with lots of RHD M3s on board :)

Yes the Glovis Courage is pencilled in for a Panama Transit on 5 Sep but I personally think that date is either a little optimistic or it means the ship is not going to be loaded to capacity.
It's due to arrive at pier 80 on 27 Aug and allowing the normal 3 days to load means leaving around 30 Aug. Allowing 9 days to get to Panama means a transit on 8/9 Sep and subsequent Zeebrugge arrival around 20/21 Sep.
There will be a big effort to get all the vehicles on this vessel sold and delivered by 30 Sep to include in the quarterly results.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
I'm no expert at car deliveries but I have become pretty focussed on how Tesla operates - the sequencing of ships would indicate to me that Tesla will be throwing the kitchen sink at deliveries through September. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the orders aren't satisfied by end of Q3. It is likely to be chaotic, but may well be effective!

Yes the Glovis Courage is pencilled in for a Panama Transit on 5 Sep but I personally think that date is either a little optimistic or it means the ship is not going to be loaded to capacity.
It's due to arrive at pier 80 on 27 Aug and allowing the normal 3 days to load means leaving around 30 Aug. Allowing 9 days to get to Panama means a transit on 8/9 Sep and subsequent Zeebrugge arrival around 20/21 Sep.
There will be a big effort to get all the vehicles on this vessel sold and delivered by 30 Sep to include in the quarterly results.
what do they even do at zerbige? i read the cars in 3 parts but if its loaded into a car carrier there's no way its separate? and considering all teh mess-ups with quality we are reading about it can't be a quality check!

what do they even do at zerbige? i read the cars in 3 parts but if its loaded into a car carrier there's no way its separate? and considering all teh mess-ups with quality we are reading about it can't be a quality check!
It's the S and X that Ret re-assembled, the 3 is just driven off the ferry to a charge point. Pictures way up the thread.

Don't know if any checks are done, but pretty sure quality is sorted these days. Depends what you compare it too and what expectations you have set. By the standards some people are looking for I've been driving a misaligned panneled badly painted pile of (VW/Seat) junk apparently. But I've been happy. So as long as the M3 is mostly right or I can fix it with a quick buff at home I'll be happy.

I'm no expert at car deliveries but I have become pretty focussed on how Tesla operates - the sequencing of ships would indicate to me that Tesla will be throwing the kitchen sink at deliveries through September. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the orders aren't satisfied by end of Q3. It is likely to be chaotic, but may well be effective!

That sounds about right. Most “pundits” were expecting about one ship a fortnight, but we’re getting four ships in the next month.

Reactions: Fullerene
Found this post on Twitter, and was sad enough to identify the ship as the SFL Conductor using Google Images (what has my life come to).

If yours is coming on this maybe you can spot your M3 on the pier......looking at all the white ones, I was hopeful, but no delivery estimate of VIN for me yet and it's only a few days from Belgium.

Mr.L on Twitter

SFL.PNG