Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow 2500 cars seems a whole load of cars, I’m not overly expectant that I will be in one of them though... I have only word from the lease co for end “Sept early Oct” but as mine is a plain vanilla white SR+ black interior I am always hopeful so fingers are crossed! Especially as from what people are saying there is a big push for the end of the month. Though some have been waiting so patiently for what feel like eternity!

Good luck to all and hope you are in one soon.

I’m also leasing, and the leasing company said beginning of October. I called Tesla directly the other day, and a very helpful bloke told me I’d been allocated a car and my collection would be some time w/c 23rd September. Only a couple of minutes after I’d put the phone down he called back and said he’d bumped me up the queue and my collection was scheduled for 19th September. It might be worth giving them a call - you just never know.

The marine traffic website is new to me but I think I have a rough idea of what to look for now.

I see the vessel CLEMENTINE was mentioned back in August on another thread. This has arrived back in Zeebrugge about half an hour ago, having set off from Purfleet:

Vessel details for: CLEMENTINE (Ro-Ro Cargo) - IMO 9125384, MMSI 205451000, Call Sign ONDK Registered in Belgium | AIS Marine Traffic

So presumably Purfleet is the place / one of the places that vehicles destined for the south arrive, and Grimsby is where vehicles destined for the north arrive?

There's a couple of container ships coming from PHL (Nordpacific and Seatrade White) to ZEE, and one vehicle carrier (Hoegh Oslo).

I’m getting a powerwall, the blackouts are coming... ;)
I’m also leasing, and the leasing company said beginning of October. I called Tesla directly the other day, and a very helpful bloke told me I’d been allocated a car and my collection would be some time w/c 23rd September. Only a couple of minutes after I’d put the phone down he called back and said he’d bumped me up the queue and my collection was scheduled for 19th September. It might be worth giving them a call - you just never know.

Hey that’s a positive post thanks :) That’s good news, will definitely be worth a ring then, hope I get a helpful agent that has had a good weekend and feeling helpful. ;)

Reactions: Roy W.
When did this one sneak in and out of Zeebrugge? Currently unloading something in Southampton

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-155706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-155706_Chrome.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 47
I guess there is no way to tell for certain if a ship is carrying Tesla vehicles or not, beyond it being a vehicle carrier? So, apologies if some/most of this is irrelevant:

Further to my posts last night, I did a bit more searching and found the following appearing to be shuttling back and forth between Zeebrugge and Purfleet:

CELANDINE, MELUSINE, VALENTINE, CLEMENTINE

These each arrived around the same time the previous departed, and have returned back to Zeebrugge since (with the first having returned back to Purfleet this morning.) So possibly unloading vehicles solidly from 6:00AM on 13th to 4:00PM on 14th. Then there's an 18 hour period with all these ships heading back to (or remaining at) Zeebrugge until CELANDINE arrived back at Purfleet.

DELPHINE looks like it might be shuttling to/from Killingholme
NORSTREAM and NORSKY to/from Tilbury
BORE SONG and ESTRADEN to/from Tees
AUTOPREMIER and SEA CRUISER 1 to/from Grimsby
YSALINE to/from Dublin

Of course, there's probably other vehicles being shipped across as well. Just wondering whether these were shipping the cars from the Glovis Sunlight (which departed from Zeebrugge a couple of hours ago but had been there since a few hours before Celandine's previous departure.)

Of course, there's probably other vehicles being shipped across as well. Just wondering whether these were shipping the cars from the Glovis Sunlight (which departed from Zeebrugge a couple of hours ago but had been there since a few hours before Celandine's previous departure.)

2.8 million vehicles a year go through Zeebrugge, not all to the UK. 44% of everything going through Zeebrugge in total is to/from the UK so not unexpected that there will be a lot of stuff moving between the two