Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grand Dahlia now showing on the Zeebrugge port arrivals...

25/10/2019 - 20:00 arrival
27/10/2019 - 14:00 departure for Southampton
28/10/2019 - 07:30 arrival at Southampton

Grand Pioneer is on the Zeebrugge arrivals/departures but nothing yet on Southampton (if it's going there).

I doubt very much that the RHD cars will be unloaded/charged/reloaded at Zeebrugge.
There are charging facilities at Southampton and expect that they will get a zap there.
There is no need to rush these deliveries - they have arrived prior to Brexit (which was a key requirement) and they will easily be delivered within Q4.

Reactions: ringi
For those that are not well versed in the sea life (oo arr!) why would a ship go past a port to then return to it? Is Southampton its final destination?

I'm not that versed on it but I imagine they loaded the ship with RHD cars first, LHD second. So the LHD cars can unload into Belgium (and I assume there's more LHD than RHD). Then I assume the ship is going back across the Atlantic, or loading stock from the UK for somewhere else so it makes sense for it to go that way.

Reactions: ringi
the key requirement was to have the cars arrive in the UK prior to 31st Oct. to avoid duty on car imports if a No Deal BREXIT.
Although I would have thought that the cost of another port call would be significantly greater than putting the UK cars on car transporters between 26th and 31st Oct and getting them into the UK.

I am still not sure why my delivery date is 20th Nov There is no chance that these cars are going to be sitting quayside for 2-3 weeks.

Ordered 12th July

Had an email from the leasing company saying 31/10/19 delivery date to dealer. Phoned Tesla and they have said theres no car for me and they really don't know why so have escalated it. Got all excited thinking its on the Grand Dahlia, guess not.