Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Morgan Stanley Predicts Model 3 Launch Late 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have the alpha prototypes. Once we see Beta ones, I think they should be relatively close. Can't recall on the Model S how long it took once we saw the Betas to get production going.

I think they will produce an initial production run of parts to get some cars going early and then take a year to scale up to normal production. Maybe 10K deliveries in the first 6 months.

@McRat

Totally agree. Even my S75 was delivered with a minor alignment problem between the edge of the frunk deck and the driver's front fender. I'm bringing it in next Wednesday and was told that it will be down for one evening :( For the price paid for the car, this is not something one would expect. Will a lower priced M3 follow this pattern?

The way Elon was at the solarcity decision when questioned about the Model 3, it almost seems as though there's still a killer feature in the Model 3 that they don't want the public to know about until later. They don't want to mess up current sales. I'm 100% positive the Model S/X will get a feature bump this spring.

I must have missed it upthread; who was confusing Morgan Stanley with JP Morgan Chase?
He's a captain right?
captain-morgan-570x709.png

Haha they are both named Henry Morgan so why not...

Here's a wiki for Morgan Stanley - Wikipedia
Here's another for laughs: Captain Morgan - Wikipedia

Disclaimer: Making financial predictions regarding Tesla Motors while under the influence of the wrong Henry Morgan can lead to undesirable outcomes.

Last edited:
That article states, quote:

(JB saying that the Model 3) will feature the “next generation” of Tesla technology.

He did not say the Model 3 will "contain all new technology" as you said in your post.

Not the same thing.

Note also that Elon has stated that new cutting edge features will first be implemented in the S/X before being available in the 3 and that may S/X features will never be available in the 3 or other lower prices Tesla models.

The M3 will have new technology and it will have some features unavailable on the S and the X. Bet anything that the cell characteristics will be different. (IMO)

Reactions: Red Sage
The MS report was kind of odd. It predicts a late model 3 roll out and a slow ramp with zero increase to the value of the company for the dilution of the stock with SC but does't really change the price target per share. He does value the massive data advantage that the autopilot cars produce though. No explanation as to why he thinks it will be late and slow ramp. Almost feels like he was just under promising conservatively now so he can change latter.

Reactions: Red Sage