Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ColBatGuano[/USER] - Pleasure to update you as well, sir. Glad you're back on the road.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to be back driving new routes. Still waiting on that mythical Wichita Falls SC to show up so I can get west quicker. I might have to pick up some south Texas chargers to pass the time.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened until now, but we both must have tried to update at the same time. I made a few other edits in the list so please don't be offended that I reverted it back to my version. I missed you beating me to the last few posts so I got a good laugh out of this episode. When are YOU getting back on the road?
No worries. You are better at it anyway.
I will be on the road again soon - but it is usually on familiar routes (another hiking trip to Grand Canyon).
So, not many new SCs - unless I take time away from hiking.

The question is....when will this become irrelevant because they are so common?

I mean, who goes around counting the number of gas stations they've been to?

Hopefully, someday, counting gas stations will be a thing as they disappear.

I agree with both of your points. However the number of chargers visited and the long distances traveled have been very persuasive evidence to friends and strangers alike that Tesla is committed to the death of ICE. And that it isn't possible in the future it is possible now. The number of chargers visited is a novelty but then so was the first trans Atlantic flight, you have to show people it can be done.

Counting SuperChargers is another way of pointing out how much of the country (or world) you can visit on SuperCharger power. I can now get to and from almost everywhere I'd ever want to be using only SuperChargers. Three years ago when I bought the car -- not so much; Some trips I made then cost me an extra day of circuitous routing.

The only places now I'd like to go (and return) but can't are: 1) Dinosaur National Monument; 2) Glacier National Park; North Dakota. Although the reason why I'd want to go to North Dakota eludes me at the moment.

Counting SuperChargers is another way of pointing out how much of the country (or world) you can visit on SuperCharger power. I can now get to and from almost everywhere I'd ever want to be using only SuperChargers. Three years ago when I bought the car -- not so much; Some trips I made then cost me an extra day of circuitous routing.

The only places now I'd like to go (and return) but can't are: 1) Dinosaur National Monument; 2) Glacier National Park; North Dakota. Although the reason why I'd want to go to North Dakota eludes me at the moment.

Here is a plausible reason to visit North Dakota. It has been on my bucket list for a decade or so. But then, I am a child of the '50s and '60s with the monthly air raid drills still vivid in my memory.

Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile Site - State Historical Society of North Dakota

Here is a plausible reason to visit North Dakota. It has been on my bucket list for a decade or so. But then, I am a child of the '50s and '60s with the monthly air raid drills still vivid in my memory.

Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile Site - State Historical Society of North Dakota
I'm also of the "duck and cover" generation. If you are interested in nuclear history it is hard to beat the museum in Albuquerque: The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History

Everything from a B-52 and a Titan missile to every kind of bomb produced. All of them in historical context. Even has videos and discussion of duck and cover.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: cpa

I went to Fargo on my 48 State trip and it was one of my favorite stops of the whole trip. Got lucky and booked an Airbnb with the unofficial "Mayor of Fargo" who hooked me up with a bunch of cool people and events. Obviously had to use destination chargers and PlugShare but still worth it.

It is still fun counting them.... just thinking at some point it will wear off as they become ubiquitous. But then again will be cool to look back in 20 or 40 years and realize we were all at the forefront of this, the pioneers!

I was one of the first 10 or so who did a cross country trip in a Tesla, when you only really had one route...

I still think it is a fun thing to count, as it is how much of a sense of adventure you have while being as green as possible. Even if you just got a Tesla.

I think many people count the number of states, countries and continents they have visited. Just for the record 50 (all), 100+? and 7 (all). The countries one I really haven't kept track of till someone asked (who was making the effort to achieve some weird milestone) and I was driving down I-5 and it was an amusing thing to do in my head; I think it was 100 but I'm really not sure... It is too hard as I went to Yugoslavia, which now is like 5 countries, and a lot of other places that have changed.

For the other folks on this list in the Century and above club, I'm curious your counts for:

1. States
2. Countries
3. Continents

The question is....when will this become irrelevant because they are so common?

Reactions: Sasmania
That's funny. I think North Dakota was the last one I got to also.
Its an easy one to miss, there is not much to see there, and its hard to get back to.
I ended up "dropping in" when on a cross Canadian trip with a friend who wanted company on a drive back to the East Coast, and we thought we would do a northern route.

States: 49 (missing only North Dakota)
Countries: 44 (not sure if I remember all, but this is close.........)
Continents: 5

Alright I finally get to add to my list...something which has not happened in a while. This is part of my journey to Custer, SD to attend the rally there...and to add that SC later this week.

First a couple easy ones that I got to use in my home state: Livonia, MI and Auburn Hills, MI. That should be 47 and 48. Now the rest of them. 49. Bollingbrook, IL. 50. Davenport, IA. 51. Dubuque, IA. 52. La Crosse, WI. 53. Rochester, MN. 54. Albert Lea, MN.

Finally got to half a hundred...only took a year... :)

Alright I finally get to add to my list...something which has not happened in a while. This is part of my journey to Custer, SD to attend the rally there...and to add that SC later this week.

First a couple easy ones that I got to use in my home state: Livonia, MI and Auburn Hills, MI. That should be 47 and 48. Now the rest of them. 49. Bollingbrook, IL. 50. Davenport, IA. 51. Dubuque, IA. 52. La Crosse, WI. 53. Rochester, MN. 54. Albert Lea, MN.

Finally got to half a hundred...only took a year... :)
Updated. Have fun in Custer!

Reactions: IT Geek
Custer was a blast. Good to see so many Tesla's in town. I think they said this was the best turnout they've had so far. (54 cars were in the photo at Crazy Horse).

So, let's get an update going as I was able to use some different SC's on my way out to Custer. So here goes...

Sherburn, MN : Sioux Falls, SD : Oacoma, SD : Custer, SD, Spearfish, SD (because it was there)

But the journey continues...

Cheyenne, WY : Laramie, WY : Rawlins, WY : Rock Springs, WY : Evanston, WY : Salt Lake City, UT : Tooele, UT : West Wendover, NV :
Elko, NV : Winnemucca, NV (#69)

Those were all done in one ridiculously long day of driving. But thankfully I'm on Eastern time still so getting up very early in the morning out here puts me on some nice open roads for quite a long time. As you can see...I'm headed West. I actually have a Tesla factory tour scheduled for Tuesday. So for the first time ever I've reached a "target rich environment".

I'll post all the ones I got today soon. Right now I think I need to get some sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.