Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed a long trip to see friends and family, as well as a few parts of the country I had not seen. The trip took me through parts of 8 states.

Before I list the new SCs I visited, there are a few corrections to the existing list that need to be made. When the decision was made (for most cases) to give credit for both “halves” of a supercharger on a highway (example: Greenwich CT North, Greenwich CT South), I was incorrectly credited with a few I had not visited. At the time, I visited only one side because the rules counted them together as only one charger. In addition, I note that I made a mistake that could have been misinterpreted when visiting and listing Milford CT.

So, corrections first:

1. Remove Greenwich CT South (I visited North only under the “old” rule system).

2. Remove Hookset NH North (I visited South only under the “old” rule system).

3. Remove Kennebunk ME South (I visited North only under the “old” rule system).

4. Add Milford CT Connecticut Post Mall. I visited all three Milford CT chargers in one trip up north earlier this year, but have only received credit for Milford CT North and Milford CT South.

Resulting from these corrections, my total decreases from 160 to 158.

Now for the additions from my recent trip:

West Virginia: Mt. Hope; Charleston; Huntington

Kentucky: Lexington; Louisville; Bowling Green

Tennessee: Dickson; Manchester; Chattanooga

Alabama: Athens; Birmingham; Steele; Oxford

Georgia: Atlanta – Atlantic Station; Atlanta – Lenox Square; Decatur; Buford; Athens; Macon; Augusta

South Carolina: Greenville, Florence

This adds 22 new chargers, increasing my total from 158 (as noted above) to 180.

Reactions: Darren S
This adds 22 new chargers, increasing my total from 158 (as noted above) to 180.
You are updated in the spreadsheet Superchargers Visited and in the Century Club Summary in the Superchargers Visited thread.

I did not update your list of superchargers in that thread since we are maintaining them in the spreadsheet now. Can we remove your list from the wiki and reference the spreadsheet?

<snip>
1. Remove Greenwich CT South (I visited North only under the “old” rule system).
2. Remove Hookset NH North (I visited South only under the “old” rule system).
3. Remove Kennebunk ME South (I visited North only under the “old” rule system).
4. Add Milford CT Connecticut Post Mall.<snip>
Resulting from these corrections, my total decreases from 160 to 158.
Now for the additions from my recent trip:
<snip>

Thanks for the honesty and checking your list, @Only Trons. I was about to say I'll take care of updating your list but @tes-s beat me by a few minutes. We'll get you converted to the Superchargers visited "3.0 layout" soon and you can look at some of the fun visualizations of your hard work of visiting locations.

That looks like a fun trip and some great scenery along the way.

Thanks for the honesty and checking your list, @Only Trons. I was about to say I'll take care of updating your list but @tes-s beat me by a few minutes. We'll get you converted to the Superchargers visited "3.0 layout" soon and you can look at some of the fun visualizations of your hard work of visiting locations.

That looks like a fun trip and some great scenery along the way.
@Only Trons - Your Tableau visualization is created and can be accessed at this link. As you work with @Darren S and @tes-s to add the dates you visited the superchargers, your visualization will become more interesting. Please see the Superchargers 3.0 thread for tips and tricks in using the visualization.

Note that all other visualizations and dashboards are available via the tabs at the top.

• Helpful
@tes-s : Sure, you can remove my list from the wiki and reference the spreadsheet, but please note my comments below.

@theflyer : appreciate the tableau view. Pretty cool.

To all: I don't have a google account, nor do I wish one. I'm sorry, but I don't trust the big amorphous company to really protect me and my information. So I don't do social media nor do I sign up for google or apple or any other similar accounts.

That being said, I don't know if I understand how to keep up with this. I couldn't figure out how to update the wiki. It's not that I'm a total noob, but I just haven't kept up with the details as technology has changed. In the very beginning of the 1970 decade, I was programming navigation computers for Navy ballistic missile submarines to do "funny" (funny at the time) things -- such as running the nixie tube lights on the front panels in random fashion, in sync, and other such nonsense. One had to write the instructions in machine language (binary), which consisted of an instruction with about 16 bits (or so) that included instruction, operand, data, and address fields. In the mid 70's, when computer boards were 4 x 6 inches in size (or larger), I was troubleshooting bad boards down to the individual transistor, then removing and replacing said transistor. When I attended college, I programmed in Fortran, C, APL, and later in Pascal. But I've not done much since then, as I was in management or leadership roles and didn't need to do the detailed work anymore. Although I still manage to do some electrical/electronic troubleshooting now and then. And now I'm considered a "senior citizen" by many.

So given that I don't have a google account, it seems (????) that I will need to depend on the good graces and assistance of the maintainers of this list for updates?

I will work on providing dates for my supercharger visits; it may take a little while (remember: senior citizen LOL).

Thanks for your help. I don't think we'll be doing another road trip for several months, but there is some chance that we may do a southern trip sometime early next year.

<snip>I will work on providing dates for my supercharger visits; it may take a little while (remember: senior citizen LOL).

Thanks for your help. I don't think we'll be doing another road trip for several months, but there is some chance that we may do a southern trip sometime early next year.

@Only Trons, thanks for letting us know we can update your locations when you post them. I'm more than happy to work with you to try and gather some dates for your visits. I can PM you any questions I need to clarify if that works with you.

@Only Trons, thanks for letting us know we can update your locations when you post them. I'm more than happy to work with you to try and gather some dates for your visits. I can PM you any questions I need to clarify if that works with you.

@Only Trons, I sent you a PM with all of the dates for your locations. Thanks for posting all your locations as it wasn't too bad to find them. I updated the Wiki and the (Google) Spreadsheet and you can see these on your visualization map.

Just 1 location to clarify -- did you visit "Darien, CT (south)"? You visited the "north" location and some other pairs but I wanted to clarify. Without it you are at 179 while your previous tally was 180 so let me know if you can. Thanks in advance.

@Darren S ;

Thanks so much for your help. I responded to your PM and agree with the dates you identified. Close enough!! Also confirmed thjat I did visit Darien CT (south).

In addition, we went to a function in Baltimore MD last night (12/11/18) and hit the Baltimore supercharger on the way home. So if you could please add that to the list.

Thanks again.

@Darren S ;

Thanks so much for your help. I responded to your PM and agree with the dates you identified. Close enough!! Also confirmed that I did visit Darien CT (south).

In addition, we went to a function in Baltimore MD last night (12/11/18) and hit the Baltimore supercharger on the way home. So if you could please add that to the list.

Thanks again.

Thanks for clarifying, @Only Trons, and I got your reply as well. I added back "Darien (south)" to your list in Wiki and the Spreadsheet so you're back at 180 again, well, 181 now as soon as I add Baltimore. Great job !

In case you haven't noticed, the Wiki list has slowly being converted to the "Superchargers visited 3.0" layout. Perhaps eventually the entire lower table might be removed and just the upper table will be in place with somehow an always-updated link to the online spreadsheet.

@tes-s is doing a great job on maintaining and augmenting the Google Sheet and @theflyer is keeping up with the Tableau visualizations while I am trying to gather at least the most recent visit date for folks as some of the entries are 3 and 4 years since the last update which does not indicate a very active participant.

As always, if you notice anything missing from your list of locations visited or dates are incorrect or can be added please let one of us know or post something to either of those threads so that we may address it.

In response to @JSergeant's request in the Supercharger 3.0 thread, I've just published a new dashboard ya'll might like. This dashboard allows you to see supercharger trends by quarter. The quarterly charts are dynamic based on your selections in the map or with the filter widgets on the right side of the display. It is pretty cool to see how the supercharger network is growing and evolving. A couple of examples of how you can interact with this dashboard:
  1. You can see the rise of huge supercharger locations by changing the filter to only show superchargers with more than 20 stalls.
  2. You can see the trends with under construction sites or without (or any combination of status that you desire).
  3. You can see deselect regions.
  4. You can use the selection tools on the map to create a bounding box around an area (e.g., the South West) and see the trends over time for that area.
Take a look and let me know what you think. The dashboard is called "Supercharger Trends" and the link will take you directly to it.

Calling all supercharger hunters, @charliepmayer is organizing a Golden Spike ribbon cutting at the Fort Stockton Texas supercharger on February 9. I'm making the trek from VA. Surely, someone else from our little competition is up for a road trip too.

Current details: Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas

Hope to see some of you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.