Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to step on Fritts' toes, but in case he's currently driving, I can answer that... yes! A few of us in St Louis got to have lunch with him and his co-pilot on the westward half of his trip. They started in NY and "would eventually complete a 48-state route in 32 days before Fritts dropped off Elbertson in Washington and continued on to Alaska alone. In the next few weeks, he’ll ship the car to Hawaii and cross the 50th state off the list."

That quote is from this Tesla blog post last November.

I am available for co-pilot for the next year. Wow that must have been a great time!

I recently did a trip to Utah and added in another 13 on my list. Standings have not changed, I'm still in 4th having relinquished the title of 1st in 2014.

I met ThortsMD in West Wendover, Utah.

72 Mojave
73 Cabazon
74 Indio
75 Primm
76 St. George
77 Nephi
78 South Salt Lake City
79 Toole
80 West Wendover
81 Elko
82 Winnemucca
83 Lovelock
84 Rocklin
85 Manteca

It was a pleasure to meet you, Owner, and swap stories. I added over 20 SCs on my tour of the Southwest. I was able to update my total, but didn't know how to move up in the list (still at 18). Can someone do that for me?

<update> I see I am not alone in being out of order. Can someone who has the requisite knowledge properly re-order this, or post how to (maybe on the WIKI page)? Thanks!

Last edited:
Just completed a solo (partial) cross country using 100% superchargers minus Albuquerque, NM where I stayed at the Sheraton and charged there. 5,800 miles, 1,800 kWh used. If someone could post for me I'd appreciate it.
Gilroy
Fremont
Vacaville
Folsom
Roseville
Tejon Ranch
Harris Ranch
Rocklin
Truckee
Lovelock
Winnemucca
Elko
West Wendover
Salt Lake City
Green River
Grand Junction
Glennwood Springs
Lone Tree
Cheyenne
Lusk
Rapid City
Murdo
Mitchell
Worthington
Albert Lea
La Crosse
Madison
Rockford
Aurora
Country Club Hills
Effingham
St. Charles
Independence
Topeka
Wichita
Perry
Ardmore
Weatherford
Shamrock
Tucumcari
Santa Rosa
Gallup
Holbrook
Flagstaff
Kingman
Needles
Barstow
Mojave

Are you planning on staying in Utah or just doing Tahoe to Salt Lake City? That part is not too interesting. I found the best parts were taking time to talk to the locals.

In West Wendover, Nevada I met the guy who poured the concrete around the superchargers and talked to him about living out there vs. Los Angeles. Rents for 3bdroom apartments are only $300 per month.

I love SE Utah. The drive from Nephi over to Green River is really nice even on a freeway! Rivals 280 as "the most beautiful freeway".

The Tamarisk restaurant across from the green River supercharger is pretty good for its location.

I'm a nature lover - so I love all the National parks. They are well organized for just sightseeing or medium or long hikes. All of them in Utah are just great. Spent a week in Arches on the last trip and 1 night in the Tesla (unseasonably rainy and cold).

hi Owner, what was the most exciting part of the Utah trip? I plan to do the Tahoe to Utah leg maybe in June or July.

After just completing a road trip in Europe, I'm back in the top 10.

Since it doesn't look like I will ever catch tanman, I think I can at least claim the title of Most Multicontinental Superchargers Visited (44 in US, 20 in EU).

Did you rent a Model S in Europe? Details please!

I did a car exchange with another TMC member, Willem, which was initiated with this thread: Europe-US Model S Exchange?

It went surprisingly smoothly and there were really no problems at all with the exchange. We drove from Amsterdam to Milan, and then took trains around Italy because of a lack of Superchargers (of course, Abrezzo just opened a week too late) and then drove back up from Milan through Germany on the autobahn. We had an incredible time road-tripping in Europe, and I believe Willem will be posting about his trip around California soon.

I did a car exchange with another TMC member, Willem, which was initiated with this thread: Europe-US Model S Exchange?

It went surprisingly smoothly and there were really no problems at all with the exchange. We drove from Amsterdam to Milan, and then took trains around Italy because of a lack of Superchargers (of course, Abrezzo just opened a week too late) and then drove back up from Milan through Germany on the autobahn. We had an incredible time road-tripping in Europe, and I believe Willem will be posting about his trip around California soon.

Hi Mike and all the other TMC members,
We arrived this morning in Amsterdam after a super holiday in California, Nevada and Arizona (I think, that's where we visited the Grand Canyon isn't it? It was our first time in the US). We did 12 Superchargers and two range chargers in Mammoth Lake and Groveland. With the 14 superchargers I visited in Europe we have a total of 26 now. This summer we have planned a holiday to Norway where we want to visit the most northern supercharger on the northern hemisphere. We looked at visiting the most Southern supercharger on the northern hemisphere but unfortunately it was not in San Diego but in Florida. Who is going to be the first to visit the most northern supercharger and to the most southern supercharger on the northern hemisphere? Reasons enough for more Tesla exchanges between Europe and the US! As you said, our Tesla exchange went surprisingly smoothly and I am very happy we did it without even knowing eachother. But that's the Tesla family! Also great that we saw eachother at LAX so at least we have met. Next year we'll do it again. I will post our adventures with your Tesla on this thread later this week. To give you a preview, our biggest challenge was to drive from Las Vegas through Death Valley to Lone Pine. 250 miles with mountains and no charging options at all. We arrived at Lone Pine with 10 miles left.

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here, and further hope I'm not rehashing something that was discussed already. (I didn't re-read all ~400 posts here, but I have been following this thread, and I did search, I promise.)

Should I count a non-public supercharger at a service center in my tally? I obviously didn't plug it in myself, so I'm guessing the answer is no, but I do have records from VisibleTesla showing that my car supercharged in Tysons Corner VA. :)

Oh my! If you read closely you will see that some have charged at Tesla Superchargers that DO NOT exist!

Should I count a non-public supercharger at a service center in my tally?

I can't speak for everybody, but there is no central authority on which Superchargers count and which don't. There have been temporary chargers, and there was some debate as to whether they should count, but I don't recall any grand consensus as a result of that discussion. I think ultimately since this is rather unofficial/informal, it's up to each individual how they want to count things. If two people wind up tied and want to argue about it, that's between them, as far as I'm concerned.

Why not share your chuckle?

Thought: If you plugged it in yourself and it was direct battery access, then it should count. Even if it was at a Service Center or even at a private location. But if you counted the old Lone Tree temp charger already then you should not also count the permanent Lone Tree supercharger.

I just completed editing my list so it is finally complete and chronological. Each location somehow has unique mental images; I wonder how long that will be possible i.e. will TM build another on the side of a Burger King ala Holbrook just to confuse us! Forgot to take a photo at Denver yesterday - the heat must've got to me.
--

Status
Not open for further replies.