Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not. I have, unfortunately, been left politically homeless by the nonsense that has ensued since Bush left office.

With 100% certainty I have seen the far right views become aggressive and vocal in this region and some of that is manifested in the road rage habits of a certain segment of the population here. I grew up in the South and don't recall this nonsense being so prevalent in Texas or Louisiana, but since 2019 (moved to NYC in 2016 summer) it has gone completely off the rails.

That said, when I was a white male driving a quintessential American muscle sedan (CTS-V), the behavior was never directed at me with one exception that was because someone felt I had cut them off. 2 months with a tesla and suddenly I'm getting coal dumped? Not a coincidence. My driving has changed zero. There are unfortunately some out there who believe that EVs are at odds with their political agenda, and they do road rage around EVs as a result.

I'm not saying these people are the norm, I'm not accusing anyone who harbors certain political views of being this person, and I'm definitely not saying all truck driving staunch Republicans are aggressive tribalistic lunatics. I'm just saying some of those people do absolutely exist, and that minority does displace their political angst on EV drivers at times.

Meanwhile the leader of that political ideology drives a Tesla….. hilarious….

Sorry, but this just isn’t true. At all. Here in NYC the hands down biggest jerks on the road are those driving modified pickups who typically hold political views that are at odds with the way this region votes. Moved here in 2016 and they were the biggest jerks on the road, since the pandemic hit they have only gotten worse. They brake check people, cut people off, and generally drive aggressively. I noticed this while driving an loud V8 caddy sedan, but during those 5 years here, only once was such behavior directed towards me.
In 2 months of owning my Tesla I’ve been brake checked no less than 5 times by these yahoos. Cut off several more. And diesel dumped twice.

It’s a thing. And certain drivers in this region look at an EV and make assumptions about the driver. These people are the very reason that mainstream conservatives like myself have been driven out of the Republican Party. The politicization and of issues that shouldn’t be politicized has gone completely off the rails after a portion of the party couldn’t handle Obama being elected. Suddenly common sense went out the window, and tribalism came in. I’ve seen it in so many aspects of my life, but since starting to drive an EV, now I’m seeing it directed at me with a higher frequency.
Are you sure it’s brake checking? Maybe it’s phantom breaking with the trucks in question. Just throwing that out there as a possibility
Its not. I have, unfortunately, been left politically homeless by the nonsense that has ensued since Bush left office.

With 100% certainty I have seen the far right views become aggressive and vocal in this region and some of that is manifested in the road rage habits of a certain segment of the population here. I grew up in the South and don't recall this nonsense being so prevalent in Texas or Louisiana, but since 2019 (moved to NYC in 2016 summer) it has gone completely off the rails.

That said, when I was a white male driving a quintessential American muscle sedan (CTS-V), the behavior was never directed at me with one exception that was because someone felt I had cut them off. 2 months with a tesla and suddenly I'm getting coal dumped? Not a coincidence. My driving has changed zero. There are unfortunately some out there who believe that EVs are at odds with their political agenda, and they do road rage around EVs as a result.

I'm not saying these people are the norm, I'm not accusing anyone who harbors certain political views of being this person, and I'm definitely not saying all truck driving staunch Republicans are aggressive tribalistic lunatics. I'm just saying some of those people do absolutely exist, and that minority does displace their political angst on EV drivers at times.
I was just jk'ing with the "Phantom Breaking". I hear you on the whole political nuttines these day's but I persoannly have not expeinced any "coal rolling" or unusual behavior due to having a Tesla (in upper Midwest/MI and sometimes Mid South/TN area).

The coal rolling 2x was the most overt. Both times by modified diesels with political stickers affixed. Tailgated when going at minimum 15mph over on suburban, then aggressively passed, close cut off and then dumped.

Again, it’s not even close to everyone. It’s a minority, but it has been overt on multiple occasions and it’s annoying tribalistic garbage.

Reactions: BooMan
As a former life-long mainstream conservative, it seems long overdue that both political parties get a reality check. I miss a time where people used common sense and were more flexible in their stances to find common ground and compromise. Maybe it never was that way, but it seems less and less a reality every year.

• Love
Reactions: Zhe Wiz and alexgr
It just feels like those of us who liked aspects of both parties have been left in a void as the left went left and the right went right.
Parties are not representing people anymore, they only represent politicians ever hungry for power and corruption. Tesla is the most American company run by a conservative CEO. EVs are not some liberal idea that would suddenly rip politically active "republicans" and democrats alike off their god(?)-given right to make themselves a laughing stock for any sapient creature. I want to think that tantrums of ICE fans indicate the imminent death of the ICE technology in very near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahamilto
Agree parties don’t represent people. Unfortunately they do manipulates and influence people... that goes both ways.
And agree that EVs shouldn’t be political, but the climate denial agenda did get them put in the crosshairs. It’s dumb.

EVs are inevitable, kinda like at home solar based charging (albeit this is further down the line). The country will also benefit in job creation with the need to increase charging infrastructure. Tradespeople will be in huge demand. The country never will move forward by standing still (or by looking back)

I guess Ford has to start at the beginning just like Tesla did in 2017 :D
tesla-sketch-pad.jpeg

2021 Ford has an answer. I wonder if you can send sketches to Jim Farley?
Screenshot_20210517-085142.png

They didn't say what games are coming first, but I'm going to assume Pong with that volume dial. Baby steps.

I think the ones that intentionally park in EV spots at charging stations, or much worse, vandalize them, are the ones that need a little jail time. I personally would prefer they go in front a firing squad, but that's just me. Imagine running low on battery and pulling up to charge stations that have had their electrical cables cut?

Mainly because of Covid, I haven't done any long distance driving yet, but was wondering about the prevalence of vandalized stations. Has anyone seen obviously vandalized stations on their travels?

I think the ones that intentionally park in EV spots at charging stations, or much worse, vandalize them, are the ones that need a little jail time. I personally would prefer they go in front a firing squad, but that's just me. Imagine running low on battery and pulling up to charge stations that have had their electrical cables cut?

Mainly because of Covid, I haven't done any long distance driving yet, but was wondering about the prevalence of vandalized stations. Has anyone seen obviously vandalized stations on their travels?
Parking there should be ground for immediate towing and impounding. Give them 30m to move and a citation so the next time that same car pulls the offense they don’t get the warning, this allows for a mistake to be rectified; it’s possible someone didn’t realize and a single warning should be enough to get a person to pay attention.

As far as vandalism or cutting cables; should be a felony destruction of property. I’m sure that the damage would be > 1k which means it’s a felony in many states.

How much money does Ford burn on marketing? Does a simple over the air update need branding? There is no way they are making money on the Mach-E with the amount of money they are pouring into Marketing. Using the name "Power-UP" for OTA on electric cars is more than confusing.

How much money does Ford burn on marketing? Does a simple over the air update need branding? There is no way they are making money on the Mach-E with the amount of money they are pouring into Marketing. Using the name "Power-UP" for OTA on electric cars is more than confusing.
it's part of laying the foundation for the future, if ford can gain traction as a player in the EV game then the profits will flow down the road.

I had a Mustang Mach-E on order but test driving the Model 3 sold me and I ended up canceling my MME order. I think the main things for me was just the agility and suspension, it felt much more responsive and fun to drive. The MME was smooth but felt very heavy and bouncy.

Even the SR+ test drive car felt so much faster than the MME, which was a Premium AWD Ext., the numbers say the MME should be much faster at those specs

They could have used that advertising and marketing money to build a better vehicle, but that $ gets the positive reviews and keeps the media mostly silent with their critiques.