Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 0-60 Increases! (75D and 100D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About time! 75D and 100D have their 0-60 speeds increased (i.e. dropped) to 4.9s and 4.7s respectively. Makes sense because of the M3s sub 0-60 goal.

Tesla is saying both hardware and software updates will increase the speed. This is supposedly on new MXs rolling off the line.

I think existing X75Ds are already cable of 4.9s... so hopefully a software update will be sufficient. Brooks has already proven the software limited power output - ostensibly to create a market between the MX sub models.

Btw, MS 75D will now do 0-60 in 4.2s... good luck ICE cars.

Last edited:
Wonder what the have to change in terms of hardware...maybe a paid upgrade? Just saw the electrek post. 7 seater is now cheaper than the 6 seater and foldable! And high amperage charging included + Its cheaper? Regrets for buying 2 months ago :(

According to electrek, no. It's both a software AND hardware change so only for new cars being made now.
According to the reddit thread, the MX 75D upgrade will be "mostly" software. Coupled with the software controlled speed, my thinking (certainly wishful) is that existing 75Ds will be upgradeable. Maybe not 4.9, but possibly low 5s like the old MS 75D that did it in 5.2s.

About time! 75D and 100D have their 0-60 speeds increased (i.e. dropped) to 4.9s and 4.7s respectively. Makes sense because of the M3s sub 0-60 goal. Tesla is saying both hardware and software updates will increase the speed. This is supposedly on new MXs rolling off the line.

I think existing X75Ds are already cable of 4.9s... so hopefully a software update will be sufficient.
Brooks has already proven the software limited power output - ostensibly to create a market between the MX sub models.

Btw, MS 75D will now do 0-60 in 4.2s... good luck ICE cars.

Here are the confirmed 0 - 60 times ... Tesla introduces new performance enhancements to Model S and Model X

The bigger Model X, which is only available with dual motor, is also seeing some new performance enhancements:
  • Model X 75D: 4.9 seconds down from 6.0 seconds
  • Model X 100D: 4.7 seconds down from 5.2 seconds

What...? No one is getting an upgrade if you already got your car. It doesn't matter what model you got.

Haha, you didn't put much thought into my question huh?

The 90D is longer available for purchase new, so it's stats will never change. When buying the 90D versus the 75D, the battery pack range wasn't even really that big of a difference (which has been proven) and for some, the performance increase was worth the extra. Now, a new 75D off the line matches everything but the slight range bump.

Understand what I'm getting at?

Reactions: smac
What a boneheaded move if you ask me.

Just think about the complete carnage that this has caused for all the inventory / CPO. All the non P inventory plus all the in transit cars will need to be written down.

Then there are the residuals, all the RWD cars are slower than the "new" RWD 75's. Heck even the original P85 is now the same 0-60 as a base Model S :(

And' let's not forget they just opened themselves up for unhappy recent owners demanding a retrofit...

Way to go Tesla. Could you not have waited until you'd got the 3 out the door ?

What a boneheaded move if you ask me.

Just think about the complete carnage that this has caused for all the inventory / CPO. All the non P inventory plus all the in transit cars will need to be written down. Then there are the residuals, all the RWD cars are slower than the "new" RWD 75's. Heck even the original P85 is now the same 0-60 as a base Model S :(

And' let's not forget they just opened themselves up for unhappy recent owners demanding a retrofit...
Way to go Tesla. Could you not have waited until you'd got the 3 out the door ?

If you have been watching Tesla, this is not unexpected ... a few reasons below. :cool:

1. Typical End of Quarter sales push followed by another upgrade announcement.
2. Further product differentiation between the Model S and 3 prior to the July reveal.

Reactions: smac
If you have been watching Tesla, this is not unexpected ... a few reasons below. :cool:

1. Typical End of Quarter sales push followed by another upgrade announcement.
2. Further product differentiation between the Model S and 3 prior to the July reveal.
I agree, they make a lot of changes, but it was usually tech and battery related which I was okay with. This change isn't terrible at all, albeit for someone like me who spent more money for a boost in performance (I'm not loaded, didn't want to stretch for a P).

Just think of the new 718s. People are losing their *sugar* over the loss of two cylinders and it sounding like a WRX with Porsche clothing. This will also pass, but it doesn't mean people are going to be happy about it!

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Took delivery of X100D last week. Now, 0.5 sec. faster. Naaaah won't loose sleep over it. Car is plenty fast. Besides, I've noticed you get used to the performance rather quickly. I would have been more upset if I just bought HW1 and a week later HW2 was announced.