Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX production line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any guesses when the MX production line is coming back online? It looks like many of us who ordered after the middle of March have been given an estimated delivery date of March. I'm assuming that they switched all production to ramp up the M3.

Eager to get my VIN!

Any guesses when the MX production line is coming back online? It looks like many of us who ordered after the middle of March have been given an estimated delivery date of March. I'm assuming that they switched all production to ramp up the M3.

Eager to get my VIN!

No they were shipping cars to overseas, the line are not the same from a final assembly point of view

Eager to get my VIN!
I'm not sure what you mean by ordering after the middle of March. But Dec-Jan North American orders are now receiving their VIN's. You should expect yours very soon and delivery in March.

Was at the factory recently, the Model 3 is on a completely different production line and separate from the Model X. The production life is online and operating. It is possible they are prioritizing parts and labor to Model 3 slowing down Model X production or the demand is just growing and they have yet to expand Model X production line.

Interesting. I would assume that most resources, both human and parts, would be shifted for Tesla to meet M3 delivery goals. It seems like that is what Wall Street cares most about.

But it does suck for us who are looking forward to our MS and MX’s. The time from order to delivery was close to 1 month. Now it’s gone up to sound 3 months.

It looks like there isn't going to be a satisfying answer, but it really does seem like no Model Xs have been delivered in the US in 2018 so far. I know the delivery spreadsheet is just a small section of order data, but this gap seems really out of the ordinary.

I ordered my X on January 30, 2018.
The 3 day wait ends today February 2, 2018.
I got a "warning" email today reminding me that today
is the last day for changes without the $500 change fee.

I expect some kind of notification tomorrow that my order is official.

When I was going through the process, it either showed March or Late March
as the delivery estimate.

Hurry up and wait...

Shawn

Ordered Model X 1/31 with late March estimate, cancelled 2/2 and reordered same day. Estimate is now late May!! Looks like 1/31 was likely cutoff for March /April deliveries. Terrible, but now I have more time for bigger down payment and decide what to do with the S.

They are producing the MX now. I must have been one of the first inline once they started up. My order was confirmed Jan 30th. Monday I was notified the car was in production and today (5 days later) I was notified that the car is on a truck being shipped to Florida.