Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my timeline. Reserved on 5/15, listed in LA but may have actually already been in Fremont (same market, no transfer fee).

Originally told 8-11 weeks (Derek was my SA as well and he has been great). Lots of updated including pictures. However he was still saying the same timeline until late last week at which point he said I should expect to hear from someone else about delivery.

Got an email Wednesday evening offering to schedule delivery for Monday. I still needed to setup Financing, because Derek has told me to wait (this is just over 4 weeks). Tried to apply last night, option wasn't available, reached out to Derek who fixed it this morning. Applied and was approved today and delivery is setup for Monday.

Wow...Amazing surprise!! Congrats.

OP- you have a quite a popular thread here! Did they give you a firm date of next week? Or just "next week"?

Mine got pushes out on parts not arriving ad scheduled. Not sure what parts.

Everyone that has joined in should post pictures once they pick up! It would be great to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I should hopefully be posting mine early next week!

The DS asked about a mid-next week delivery but I had to ask for June 24 as I will be out of town. I still have no word whether the car has actually been moved to the local SC, and still awaiting a response about refurb checklist, battery tests and (nice-to-have) pics.

When is your delivery date?

I ordered a late 2014 with 30,000 miles, Autopilot, and pano on 5/19. Email response from DS on 6/2 indicated that vehicle was in transport. Now we are in complete radio silence. Request for pictures went unanswered, which is fine. I stupidly already applied for a loan and we have to hit my credit again, unfortunately. The wait continues...

6/17 13:50 EDT - received message that "Your Tesla Paperwork is ready!"
6/17 13:54 EDT - received message about "Paying for your Tesla"

That's a great sign, usually that done at the end!

I ordered a late 2014 with 30,000 miles, Autopilot, and pano on 5/19. Email response from DS on 6/2 indicated that vehicle was in transport. Now we are in complete radio silence. Request for pictures went unanswered, which is fine. I stupidly already applied for a loan and we have to hit my credit again, unfortunately. The wait continues...

When did you apply? My bank had 45 days, which I will hit this coming up weekend. Hopefully if pick up is not tomorrow, this week max!

I applied a couple of weeks after I ordered, but it's only good for 30 days with my credit union. I expect it will expire. Hopefully, applying a second time won't cause any problems.
It shouldn't as long as you aren't borderline good/not good on credit. Inquiry only drops a few points and you could request they review the inquiries to show it was just two for the same loan due to expiration.

I am so strict on my credit that the two would have bothered me for the sake of I could have avoided it if it came to it. I applied after being told no deadline and then was advised must do the instant check finalizing within 45 days :rolleyes: At least I got approval so I didn't gripe much

Picked up my car this morning, only got to drive it in traffic back to the office. Car looks great, there are a few marks on the headliner, but other than that it looks pristine. On the other hand, there is a definite milling noise when accelerating slowly at low speed, so I may be getting a new drive unit at some point in the future. I'll try to post some pictures later.

For reference, I got a late 2014 with 22K miles and Autopilot.

Picked up my car this morning, only got to drive it in traffic back to the office. Car looks great, there are a few marks on the headliner, but other than that it looks pristine. On the other hand, there is a definite milling noise when accelerating slowly at low speed, so I may be getting a new drive unit at some point in the future. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Congratulations!

Congrats!! Does the milling sound get louder as speed picks up or is it fairly consistent?

Today ended up being the day! As a big surprise was opening the door and seeing a center console! Car is surprisingly in almost new condition. Almost no wear what so ever.
IMG_20170619_182322~02.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170619_182343~01.jpg
    IMG_20170619_182343~01.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: No ICE and s00nr1