TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My CPO buying experience timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TSLA_maybe, May 2, 2017.

1. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

My date has now been rescheduled a few times into next week. Parts issue. Having to reschedule with my work is my biggest frustration. Going into the 6th week. Original ready date 5/21 :rolleyes:

2. The Pope

The Pope Member

I was told 4 weeks. It's only been one week. Talked to the DS today for the first time (after sending him 3 emails). He said he would send me some pics of the car and it should be ready in a week or two. He said it would be quicker than normal since the car is already there. We will see.......

3. The Pope

The Pope Member

That sucks

4. The Pope

The Pope Member

Looks like some light at the end of the tunnel!

5. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Yea, it sucks. Seems like it's a moving target until you drive off the lot. Although the DS mentioned a mid next week delivery, I'll be out of town so I had to schedule it out a few days more for the 24th. That'll be just about 8 weeks.

• Like x 1
  6. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Not holding my breath...

7. Jabbahop

Jabbahop Member

Home Delivery confirmed for June 20th. 39 days after order.
    $52K wire transfer in process.
    It will be interesting how the delivery goes because we have a long and very steep driveway with two hairpin turns so bigger trucks can't get up.

• Like x 1
  8. The Pope

The Pope Member

Congratulations! Hope it works out. Post some pics!

9. Buster1

Buster1 Member

TSLA_maybe..what were the "discrepancies" you noted on the refurb checklist?

10. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Wow, that awesome! Looks like you got a pretty good deal if the 52k is all in. So you're taking delivery without seeing/checking the vehicle out first.

11. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Basically, it was a clean sheet as if it was a post checklist. The only item that had any metric was the tire tread which was uniform across all 4 tires so it would appear those were replaced, but marked as passed.

12. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

I ordered same state, and it was shipped within the first week or two localy. Its been sitting 15 mins away from me now for the last 3-4 weeks

13. The Pope

The Pope Member

That sucks. Hopefully that just means you (we) are getting a better car for the wait.

14. almaggy

almaggy Member

I also ordered a CPO car out of Chicago 2 weeks ago (so no transport needed), only heard from DS once to say there is no update. Not sure what is going on.

15. The Pope

The Pope Member

In the city or suburbs? I'm out at Highland Park. DS sent me pics of the car (I requested) today and said the process has begun. He said it would be a few weeks.

16. almaggy

almaggy Member

Highland Park too.
    I'll try to get an update tomorrow from my DS

17. s00nr1

s00nr1 Boomer Sooner

6/16 ~ 3:00pm CDT - Placed deposit on 2013 P85 in Fort Worth (34k miles, pearl white, tech pkg, UHF sound, pano roof, air susp); was told 6-8 weeks for delivery at the Dallas SC (we live in OKC).

Will post updates as they come but the experience working with Pre-owned advisor Derek in California was absolutely aces. Excited would be an understatement.

• Like x 1
  18. Ness

Ness Member

Update on my timeline. Reserved on 5/15, listed in LA but may have actually already been in Fremont (same market, no transfer fee).

Originally told 8-11 weeks (Derek was my SA as well and he has been great). Lots of updated including pictures. However he was still saying the same timeline until late last week at which point he said I should expect to hear from someone else about delivery.

Got an email Wednesday evening offering to schedule delivery for Monday. I still needed to setup Financing, because Derek has told me to wait (this is just over 4 weeks). Tried to apply last night, option wasn't available, reached out to Derek who fixed it this morning. Applied and was approved today and delivery is setup for Monday.

• Like x 1
  19. s00nr1

s00nr1 Boomer Sooner

Yeah, I can't say enough about how exemplary Derek's service has been -- when the midwest advisors were overloaded with last week's market flood of CPOs, Derek subbed in and offered to work with me even though I'm out of his region.

Congrats on the purchase -- I'm sure Monday will be like Christmas Day.

• Like x 1
  20. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

OP- you have a quite a popular thread here! Did they give you a firm date of next week? Or just "next week"?

Mine got pushes out on parts not arriving ad scheduled. Not sure what parts.

Everyone that has joined in should post pictures once they pick up! It would be great to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I should hopefully be posting mine early next week!