Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, beautiful car! I've been following your progress on this thread, as I'm also in FL and placed an order for a same state delivery CPO on June 6. I see you had some delays but in the end it seems like it was worth it for that amazing MS!
Thanks! I at least tried to mentally plan for delays, I mainly worried about the loan and rescheduling time off when it came to it, but yes, completely worth it. Whole other experience!

Come in OP... I'm excited to see your car! :D

Great thread. In spirit of keeping it going...

Ordered an 2014 S 85 67k miles on 6/14 through a Chicago regional CPO advisor (Brent).

Multi-coat red, black roof
Tech package
Tan seats, piano black details
Standard headliner

Connected to Brent through local Tesla OA. Was told 4-6 weeks. Timeline so far

6/14 - Placed deposit and given the 4-6 week estimate. Brent told me to contact him directly if I don't hear anything after a week
6/14 - Brent connected me with local Columbus DS Scott with a summary of my order
6/18 - Received email from [email protected] stating that my car was In Transit with links to confirm my payment. Forwarded to DS asking if there is anything else I need to do (showing 5/5 on my tesla status for the car).

• Informative
Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
Congrats!! Does the milling sound get louder as speed picks up or is it fairly consistent?

It actually goes away. It is only present under low power while accelerating at low speed. This seems pretty typical of the milling issue in '14's and the reason for the 8 year warranty. If it ends up being an issue I am sure they will swap it out and I will get a loaner for a few days.

The main issue is, accelerating slowly at low speed was about 90% of the time I was driving it today and will be the case until I get my tags and can register for my HOV Lane Pass.

It actually goes away. It is only present under low power while accelerating at low speed. This seems pretty typical of the milling issue in '14's and the reason for the 8 year warranty. If it ends up being an issue I am sure they will swap it out and I will get a loaner for a few days.

The main issue is, accelerating slowly at low speed was about 90% of the time I was driving it today and will be the case until I get my tags and can register for my HOV Lane Pass.

Good to know on the '14s DU.

It's actually the opposite here in NY with the HOV lanes. Most of the time it's slower than the regular lanes as it's only one lane, and there is always someone going on a "Sunday drive".

Good to know on the '14s DU.

It's actually the opposite here in NY with the HOV lanes. Most of the time it's slower than the regular lanes as it's only one lane, and there is always someone going on a "Sunday drive".

Here the HOV Lane is almost always the fast lane, but particularly during Rush Hour where it is just an issue of there being fewer cars in the lane. One of the big perks of having an EV is you can drive in the HOV Lane by yourself.

Great thread. In spirit of keeping it going...

Ordered an 2014 S 85 67k miles on 6/14 through a Chicago regional CPO advisor (Brent).

Multi-coat red, black roof
Tech package
Tan seats, piano black details
Standard headliner

Connected to Brent through local Tesla OA. Was told 4-6 weeks. Timeline so far

6/14 - Placed deposit and given the 4-6 week estimate. Brent told me to contact him directly if I don't hear anything after a week
6/14 - Brent connected me with local Columbus DS Scott with a summary of my order
6/18 - Received email from [email protected] stating that my car was In Transit with links to confirm my payment. Forwarded to DS asking if there is anything else I need to do (showing 5/5 on my tesla status for the car).

Congrats! That's cool that you got that transit message.

@ChrgdTeCHick I didn't think there was maintenance plans on the CPO. What are the details if you don't mind sharing?!
Its the same known ones, but its available on all (just some you can only buy if new)
Maintenance Plans

Thought about it but it seems like it might not be necessary if you don't mind/able to look it over yourself. Looks like it's wear & tear item inspections like keyfob battery, wipers, tire rotation, etc.

That's my thought too from the research I've done wasn't sure if I should to continue the whole ease of having a Tesla. Not having to worry about another shop doing the ties wrong etc. But for the cost, seems like more services would be provided. Then again, what's not more expensive then typical about a Tesla?

Just finished fully charging my car to check where the max range is and currently showing 260 for a 2014 85, so 5 miles (or less than 2% in 2.5 years). Super happy to see that!

Mine showed about 245 at pick up. Haven't checked battery type yet. Reset all the trip counters to get a good starting point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170620-182618.png
    Screenshot_20170620-182618.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 82
6/20 20:12 EDT - sent message to DS again about checklist, battery test and status of car
6/20 20:32 EDT - received message from DS indicating he sent another request to the Milford SC regarding the checklist
6/20 20:40 EDT - sent message to DS asking if car has arrived at Mt. Kisco SC

Last edited:
6/21 ~10:30 EDT - received message from DS that car was at local SC
6/21 ~11:30 EDT - received requested refurb checklist of what was actually repaired/replaced; though it did have a date of 6/21?!?
6/21 ~13:30 EDT - sent message to DS regarding registration
6/21 ~13:45 EDT - received message from DS confirming
6/21 ~17:00 EDT - sent message to DS relaying my experience with NYS DMV
6/21 ~18:45 EDT - received message from DS confirming
6/21 ~21:00 EDT - sent message to DS to notify if anything comes up between now and delivery

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
6/21 ~10:30 EDT - received message from DS that car was at local SC
6/21 ~11:30 EDT - received requested refurb checklist of what was actually repaired/replaced; though it did have a date of 6/21?!?
6/21 ~13:30 EDT - sent message to DS regarding registration
6/21 ~13:45 EDT - received message from DS confirming
6/21 ~17:00 EDT - sent message to DS relaying my experience with NYS DMV
6/21 ~18:45 EDT - received message from DS confirming
6/21 ~21:00 EDT - sent message to DS to notify if anything comes up between now and delivery

Still taking delivery on the 24th? That's exciting!

Could they have printed it on 6/21? Or is it saying repairs made or parts ordered 6/21?

No, looks like they just made it on 6/21. It's also signed by the SC Service Manager dated 6/21. So it looks like they just made this up. I'll give them the benefit and assume this is correct. Perhaps they did fill this out when the refurb started and didn't file it properly. There is a laundry list of items that were marked repaired/replace. Looks like my delivery inspection is going to take a while.