Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA_maybe -- I feel like you should go back to your original post and include the entire timeline to give the full view of the process. Sorry to hear about all the issues.

haha..s00nr1, you and I prolly have the same work style or job description. That was the plan from the beginning. I've actually been keeping a separate text document with the full timeline (and counting) with review notes and thoughts of what was good/bad and opportunities. To be posted (in post #1)after delivery.

Reactions: s00nr1
No, looks like they just made it on 6/21. It's also signed by the SC Service Manager dated 6/21. So it looks like they just made this up. I'll give them the benefit and assume this is correct. Perhaps they did fill this out when the refurb started and didn't file it properly. There is a laundry list of items that were marked repaired/replace. Looks like my delivery inspection is going to take a while.
Have you considered possibly looking at another car and asking the deposit to be transfered? I'd be conceded about so much needing to be done, depending on what it is. Not sure if you are attached to this particular one though.

Car was delivered yesterday. Nearly new condition with under 25K on the odometer.

Today filled to 100% to see my max range - 260 miles!

A couple of things they missed - a buzzing sound from front dash and only one fan works in back seat. But very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 109
need more pics!!!!
Raining so no new pics.

FYI - here is what they found and fixed before delivery.

1) Replaced floor mats with 3rd gen
2) upgrade 12v jump post due to corrosion
3) Install AC Acoustic Cover And Bracket
4) Replace LH and RH Lower Shock Absorber Bolts
5) Retrofit 2nd Generation Front Dust Shields Install Front Rotors, Install Rear Rotors, Install Front And Rear HP1000-T Brake Pads
6) Retrofit Continental TPMS Module And Harness For Improved Reception
7) Install LH And RH Fixed Glass Seals And Foam Strips
8) Replace LH Front Door Handle Seal, Install 4 Push Nuts, And 1 Cable Tie
9) Placed microfiber cloth in the glove compartment.
10) Clean Panoramic Roof Drain Tubes - Front
11) Oil Seal - Differential to Rear Halfshaft Assembly - LH
12) replaced 4 tires; inflated to 45 psi. road tested vehicle; successful.
13) Replaced missing front right roof rack.
14) Removed and Installed a new liftgate applique.
15) Installed a new reverse light;
16) Replaced both key fob casings.
17) Dent to left rear door - Dent Repair - Sublet
18) 3 yr/ 37,500 mile annual service completed.
19) wheel damage - replaced right front wheel

FYI - hourly rate listed @ $170/hr so I think I got good value for having all of this found and resolved.

Initial Impressions
- looked like a new car in and out except for a smudged screen and some lipstick mark on the visor
- first drive of a Tesla for my wife. Her favorite feature is the music options.
- One of my son's friends requested that he pick them all up in the Tesla and take them to the movies - NOT going to happen!
- Supercharging is fun
- seats are very adjustable and comfy - was worried based on some comments about gen 1 seats (I am coming from a BMW i3 which are MUCH less adjustable and a bit firmer).
- The MS is great highway car. The i3 is a bit better around town as it is energy very efficient @ slow speed, smaller, and great turning radius. Nice to have both.
- HUGE storage in the car
- named car Ghost (as in Gray)

Hope everyone gets their car soon but the wait is worth it.

Raining so no new pics.

FYI - here is what they found and fixed before delivery.

1) Replaced floor mats with 3rd gen
2) upgrade 12v jump post due to corrosion
3) Install AC Acoustic Cover And Bracket
4) Replace LH and RH Lower Shock Absorber Bolts
5) Retrofit 2nd Generation Front Dust Shields Install Front Rotors, Install Rear Rotors, Install Front And Rear HP1000-T Brake Pads
6) Retrofit Continental TPMS Module And Harness For Improved Reception
7) Install LH And RH Fixed Glass Seals And Foam Strips
8) Replace LH Front Door Handle Seal, Install 4 Push Nuts, And 1 Cable Tie
9) Placed microfiber cloth in the glove compartment.
10) Clean Panoramic Roof Drain Tubes - Front
11) Oil Seal - Differential to Rear Halfshaft Assembly - LH
12) replaced 4 tires; inflated to 45 psi. road tested vehicle; successful.
13) Replaced missing front right roof rack.
14) Removed and Installed a new liftgate applique.
15) Installed a new reverse light;
16) Replaced both key fob casings.
17) Dent to left rear door - Dent Repair - Sublet
18) 3 yr/ 37,500 mile annual service completed.
19) wheel damage - replaced right front wheel

FYI - hourly rate listed @ $170/hr so I think I got good value for having all of this found and resolved.

Initial Impressions
- looked like a new car in and out except for a smudged screen and some lipstick mark on the visor
- first drive of a Tesla for my wife. Her favorite feature is the music options.
- One of my son's friends requested that he pick them all up in the Tesla and take them to the movies - NOT going to happen!
- Supercharging is fun
- seats are very adjustable and comfy - was worried based on some comments about gen 1 seats (I am coming from a BMW i3 which are MUCH less adjustable and a bit firmer).
- The MS is great highway car. The i3 is a bit better around town as it is energy very efficient @ slow speed, smaller, and great turning radius. Nice to have both.
- HUGE storage in the car
- named car Ghost (as in Gray)

Hope everyone gets their car soon but the wait is worth it.
Did they share this list prior to you getting the car or they shared it during the delivery?

Have you considered possibly looking at another car and asking the deposit to be transfered? I'd be conceded about so much needing to be done, depending on what it is. Not sure if you are attached to this particular one though.

I haven't really thought about transferring. We'll see what it looks like and see what turns up during my inspection. Not sure if I want the hassle over again or just cut my losses.

Here is my laundry list. I consolidated some line items that were similar:

01) LH B Pillar Upper Lower Panel
02) Floor Mats
03) Parcel Shelf
04) Pass rear door handle
05) Rear Lights
06) Liftgate hinges
07) Rear fascia
08) Rear Emblems
09) Pass rear quarterpanel
10) Front fascia
11) Tail lights
12) Brake lights
13) Reverse lights
14) Fog lamps
15) Windshield fluid
16) Two functional keys
17) Mobile connector charges
18) All 4 rotors and pads
19) All 4 tires, not sure about wheels
20) Lug nut caps
21) Drive unit milling
22) Ride quality
23) Drive quality

6/23/17 - 12:25pm: First weekly update from CPO advisor. Car is at Indianapolis SC having new parts installed (sun visors, "other cosmetic accents"). Car will be transported to Dallas SC next week for inspection/reconditioning.

haha..s00nr1, you and I prolly have the same work style or job description. That was the plan from the beginning. I've actually been keeping a separate text document with the full timeline (and counting) with review notes and thoughts of what was good/bad and opportunities. To be posted (in post #1)after delivery.

I'm keeping a running history as I go too. Love this thread

Updated status:

6/14 - Placed deposit and given the 4-6 week estimate. Brent told me to contact him directly if I don't hear anything after a week
6/14 - Brent connected me with local Columbus DS Scott with a summary of my order
6/18 - Received email from [email protected] stating that my car was In Transit with links to confirm my payment. Forwarded to DS asking if there is anything else I need to do (showing 5/5 on my tesla status for the car).
6/19 - DS got back to me to confirm my payment method. Confirmed the car had arrived at the Indianapolis service center and was being worked on today
6/21 - Received another email from delivery@tesla that said 'We noticed that you still have yet to enter your payment method...'. Forwarded to DS and asked if I needed to do anything.
6/23 - DS wrote back and said everything looks in order for payment. Updated status to say that the car is waiting on a drive motor from Fremont that they decided to replace due to noise. After it is replaced they will ship the car to Columbus.

I think I'm excited that the motor is being replaced given the 2014 issues?? Still no estimated delivery date provided.

TSLA_maybe: I hope things work out for you tomorrow!

I haven't really thought about transferring. We'll see what it looks like and see what turns up during my inspection. Not sure if I want the hassle over again or just cut my losses.
I didn't get a list but that seems crazy. I'm going g to follow up on my list that way I know that was done. But I understand not wanting to start over too

Raining so no new pics.
-
Ha! Don't blame you there. Having them in the car is one thing, driving? Unsupervised? Uh no...

6/23/17 - 12:45pm: Wrote back to CPO advisor Derek and asked if the Indy SC could snap a few pics
6/23/17 - 1:01pm: Derek says he can make that happen
6/23/17 - 2:28pm: Derek emails several photos the guys at the Indy SC went out and took in the rain for us (awesome service and car looks pretty good already)
6/23/17 - 2:38pm: Wrote Derek back and asked if I should be concerned the "P" in "P85" was missing from the back of the car
6/23/17 - 2:48pm: Derek says original owner must have removed for some reason and the Dallas SC will re-install

As you can see, Derek has been very responsive to each request/email I've sent and the service he has provided has continually been excellent.

Attachments

• Front Left.jpg
    Front Left.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Front Right.jpg
    Front Right.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Rear exterior.jpg
    Rear exterior.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Front Interior.jpg
    Front Interior.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 81
6/23/17 - 12:45pm: Wrote back to CPO advisor Derek and asked if the Indy SC could snap a few pics
6/23/17 - 1:01pm: Derek writes back and says he can make that happen
6/23/17 - 2:28pm: Derek emails over several photos the guys at the Indy SC went out and took in the rain for us (awesome service and car looks pretty good already)
6/23/17 - 2:38pm: Wrote Derek back and asked if I should be concerned the "P" in "P85" was missing from the back of the car
6/23/17 - 2:48pm: Derek replies and says original owner must have removed for some reason and the Dallas SC will re-install

As you can see, Derek has been very responsive to each request/email I've sent and the service he has provided has continually been excellent.
I've noticed the advisors are very quick to respond, often and very helpful. Once you get to your DS it slows down quite a bit.

Reactions: s00nr1