Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My disaster of a delivery experience (No quality control)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes no sense. What does the guy's outfit have to do with the price of beer in China?

Ask your wife what she'd feel if some dude dressed in the typical SF VC-Wannbie outfit (Allbirds, Puffy Patagonia, Tesla shirt) was mansplaining about how she didn't understand how cars work. And all cars can shut down while they're being operated. So it's her problem if she doesn't feel comfortable putting her kids and mother in the car again after Tesla cleared the error codes.

At no point have I been asked if I wanted to buy another Tesla. I think that's the difference between your ~1 month buyback process and my 7-8 month and still ongoing fiasco. They must know they have lost me as a customer forever now because of the way they treated me.

IMO, considering you had a ton more Teslas under your belt than us, I don't know why they put you through the protracted ringer. Plus you're not a jerk like me. But maybe being a jerk is why we got the shorter ringer.

I tried to show the All-Birds guy my garage with the 3 Powerwalls, 2 Tesla wall connectors, red Performance 3, and Ultra Red Model X ... and how I wanted to get into another Tesla if they would do a collateral/swap. But he just told me anyone can pull images like that off the Internet. Sad.

Maybe you should have showed the guy in Bellevue all the Model S's you've had. He probably would have said anyone can pull those pictures off the Internet lololol.

• Funny
Reactions: rpo
Tesla is not alone with poor customer service in this regard. You would think that manufacturers would be quick to mop up a "lemon" problem to stop the inevitable bad publicity?

C8 Z06 Corvette Owner Furious About Repeated Failures​

Steven Symes
Tue, August 15, 2023 at 7:00 AM CDT

...Posted to Corvette Forum August 9 is the letter user C8gofast claims he sent to Barra via certified service weeks before... C8gofast said on August 9 that his Z06 had spent 10 to 12 weeks at the dealership thanks to repeated transmission failures. He concludes that the car is a lemon, which certainly sounds plausible. His proposal is giving the car back to GM in exchange for “the first available Z07.”

The guy claimed to have heard nothing from GM for weeks, so that’ why he went public while obviously masking his identity through the forum. But the next day he heard from the automaker which offered to add 40,000 miles to the powertrain warranty on the car. That seems like a bizarre response when someone claims to have a lemon...

IMO, considering you had a ton more Teslas under your belt than us, I don't know why they put you through the protracted ringer. Plus you're not a jerk like me. But maybe being a jerk is why we got the shorter ringer.

I tried to show the All-Birds guy my garage with the 3 Powerwalls, 2 Tesla wall connectors, red Performance 3, and Ultra Red Model X ... and how I wanted to get into another Tesla if they would do a collateral/swap. But he just told me anyone can pull images like that off the Internet. Sad.

Maybe you should have showed the guy in Bellevue all the Model S's you've had. He probably would have said anyone can pull those pictures off the Internet lololol.

Who knows. The wringing ain't done yet either. Yesterday, they scheduled a tow truck to pick up the car tomorrow....and just postponed it to next week. What's another week when the car has been undrivable for 30 weeks already, right?

Who knows. The wringing ain't done yet either. Yesterday, they scheduled a tow truck to pick up the car tomorrow....and just postponed it to next week. What's another week when the car has been undrivable for 30 weeks already, right?
Well, they have now they have canceled today's tow truck as well. It's been over 3 weeks since the buyback agreement was signed, and they are too disorganized to even send a tow truck. Also, it appears the air suspension will leak air with the car sitting for month after month after month as the driver's side is quite droopy now. Tesla also asked me to tape over the windows last week...which really adds to the neighborhood. They have been stuck open for 4 months when the car malfunctioned the final time and seemingly shut off (despite the battery still being at 20-25%.

I had two neighbors comment yesterday on the dilapidated 130k new car sitting in our shared alley. To say they will never consider buying a Tesla now would be quite an understatement. You'd think that Tesla would want to make this problem disappear as fast as possible, but nooooooo.

Tell them you've scheduled the tape over for the next available time. Then reschedule, then reschedule....

Ironically, the car spent months in my alley (before it died) opening the doors/trunk/frunk/charging door/windows randomly. I kept it unlocked so I could easily close them if I walked by and saw something else had opened. When I was putting the duct tape on, I realized I should have taped the d*mn doors/frunk/trunk closed to keep them from opening on their own months ago. It would have saved me a lot of grief.

Reactions: zoomer0056
What i don't like is your car is unlocked and open for someone to fart on your seats before you take delivery. Also how about parking other cars for delivery a little further away from each other! 🚨 🚨 🚨 😇😇😇

When I picked up my MX from service the final time, the trunk was wide open. I picked it up at midnight and somewhat expected to find a homeless person sleeping inside. Also, the open trunk caused the HVAC (heat) to be on, so the car was drained to only 20% or so. Ridiculous.

Reactions: dinosoar888
What i don't like is your car is unlocked and open for someone to fart on your seats before you take delivery. Also how about parking other cars for delivery a little further away from each other! 🚨 🚨 🚨 😇😇😇

Oh, and when my car was initially delivered (picked up), it was not unlocked. Tesla did not even know where it was in the lot and I was told to use the app to find my car. Great customer service all around.

Oh, and when my car was initially delivered (picked up), it was not unlocked. Tesla did not even know where it was in the lot and I was told to use the app to find my car. Great customer service all around.

Was your car clean at least? I had leaves on it, dirt, greasy windshield interior, and trash inside mine. And I don't mean the stupid plastic and paper stuff that typically gets peeled off at PDI. I mean mean a half eaten sandwich and some weird plastic buckle from a cheap handbag. My wife actually asked me if I brought home a used car because it looked like trash.

I had to do a double-check to confirm the car was in fact 2023 Ultra Red and low mileage heh. Maybe my 2023 "new car" was actually parked in someone's alleyway with the windows down for a few months???

Was your car clean at least? I had leaves on it, dirt, greasy windshield interior, and trash inside mine. And I don't mean the stupid plastic and paper stuff that typically gets peeled off at PDI. I mean mean a half eaten sandwich and some weird plastic buckle from a cheap handbag. My wife actually asked me if I brought home a used car because it looked like trash.

I had to do a double-check to confirm the car was in fact 2023 Ultra Red and low mileage heh. Maybe my 2023 "new car" was actually parked in someone's alleyway with the windows down for a few months???

LOLOLOL! The exterior on mine was very clean. The interior was oddly dusty....like it was driven on a dirt road with the windows down.