Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My mind is playin' tricks on me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, here I am patiently waiting for my blue AWD after changing paint from MSM, and this morning on a walk I see my first white model 3....and now I'm thinking of changing to white with white interior :confused:

I was surprised how much I liked the white. I know it will very likely delay my order, I still don't have a vin but have sept/Nov delivery...I don't know what to do. :(

I didn't really think much of the white in pictures, but in person in the morning sun it looked fabulous.

My edit button has been gone for months (paying cash, once I selected that my button went away), but the backdoor still works. It took tesla 4 weeks to process my last paint change via email. I'm wondering if I decide to change if I should use the backdoor....has anyone edited via the backdoor and can advise how quickly the change was reflected in your account?

Lol, sorry. I'm thinking about taking a drive to Oakville to look at some side by side. I believe someone said there was a tonne in their lot now, presumably they would have white and blue there now ..
Stop the madness :eek: I am hopeful my AWD MSM will be in this expected late September wave so I am not changing anything :)
I am sure you will love whatever you end up getting. I guess if you do decide to change, you will be satisfied that the additional wait is worth it..

This is why I can’t stand the wait when it’s so easy to change your order. Just remove the access already please ! Lol

For me, I’ve promised myself I wouldn’t change my config because the added wait and inevitable indecisiveness that follows isn’t worth it.

Even though I’m really tempted to switch to white interior, or the white exterior, or both...

Loving my white. Looks clean all the time. Really would have liked the white interior (without the white dash):

56E86021-0295-4D16-BA41-CAE5B3F96D9E.jpeg

2FD963B1-9F00-40B4-8B2D-426971719B29.jpeg

Nice pics. I was surprised as well when I saw white in some photos and then in person in a parking lot. Was tempted but sticking with red AWD for now. I changed to the upgraded wheels a few days ago and got the confirmation the next day.

Loving my white. Looks clean all the time. Really would have liked the white interior (without the white dash):

View attachment 331510

View attachment 331511

You are evil posting those pics, but thanks :)

I've never been sold on the white interior (I want it, but have a dog and young child, so probably not the best decision)...but I am really, really liking the white :(

(Sad face is because I don't want to wait another 4 months)

View attachment 331510

View attachment 331511

Are your windows tinted? Looks like it, but tough to tell .if so, what tint is on them? I have a guy I'm Grimsby I have taken my last 3 cars to and he's done a great job. Not sure if he can do the 3 with the hole back window tint, which is what I'm going to do....

Update: now my wife says the white looks 'gorgeous' looks like I may be in for a wait.

Honestly, I think all colours of the Model 3 look good. We’re getting white because we’ve never had a white car before. One thing to note is that the price of white (and red) are higher than the other colours now. I’m not sure if Tesla will honour the same pricing as at the time you originally ordered (assuming it was lower).

Are your windows tinted? Looks like it, but tough to tell .if so, what tint is on them? I have a guy I'm Grimsby I have taken my last 3 cars to and he's done a great job. Not sure if he can do the 3 with the hole back window tint, which is what I'm going to do....

Update: now my wife says the white looks 'gorgeous' looks like I may be in for a wait.

Sorry! :) Fabian Evelyn, Evelyn Protective Films, did the tint. I didn’t want it to dark. He uses Spectra Photosync. I considered 35% and 45%. The darker 35% looks better imo but I used the 45%. Great film. Really cuts the suns heat on you. I did all 6 side windows only. Passed on the back. I hadn’t mounted the rear camera yet and wanted to play around with different positions. I also like the rear night vision better with the lower rear untinted.

Spectra Photosync 35%:

45%:

55% front, 35% rear:

I called Tesla and they sent me an email, asking for me to just reply with the switches I wanted to make. I switched to AWD Aug 13 and the change have been reflected on mytesla. Called in asked what my configuration was they said red, i purposely didn't say but anything about the switch in hopes the rwd i configured June 18 with rebate was coming they said no VIN no DA no idea, then I asked about my switch to awd they said theyd it was reflected in their system.....

Sorry! :) Fabian Evelyn, Evelyn Protective Films, did the tint. I didn’t want it to dark. He uses Spectra Photosync. I considered 35% and 45%. The darker 35% looks better imo but I used the 45%. Great film. Really cuts the suns heat on you. I did all 6 side windows only. Passed on the back. I hadn’t mounted the rear camera yet and wanted to play around with different positions. I also like the rear night vision better with the lower rear untinted.

Spectra Photosync 35%:

45%:

55% front, 35% rear:

Wow, even 35 looks really weak in those videos.. I can't imagine it's that clear in person; at least not in most situations..

Tempted for 35 on the sides, but like 45 on the rear, or maybe even 55 on the rear :-/ It feels weird leaving that untinted.. although I can understand the concerns with a rear camera (I don't intend to use one).

Ok, so I think the universe is conspiring to tell me to switch paint colours:

Point 1:

My wife likes the white, and given how annoyed I have made her researching/talking about this car for the past few months that is a positive sign....its gotten to the point where she ignores me when I talk about something cool I read, but she actually listened and looked at the photos posted here earlier :)

Point 2:

So, we are potty training our son, and today before the first attempt I said in my mind "if he poops, that means I should change colours"....and he pooped....Later tonight before putting him to bed, I said the same thing in my mind, and poop x2 for the day :eek:

So, yeah. How can you argue with that? I think I'll swing by Oakville on my way in tomorrow morning to see if they have a white and blue to check out in person, then I'll make the final call, but if there was ever a sign I think the above to points cover them ;)

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG and Ludatik
Ok, so I think the universe is conspiring to tell me to switch paint colours:

Point 1:

My wife likes the white, and given how annoyed I have made her researching/talking about this car for the past few months that is a positive sign....its gotten to the point where she ignores me when I talk about something cool I read, but she actually listened and looked at the photos posted here earlier :)

Point 2:

So, we are potty training our son, and today before the first attempt I said in my mind "if he poops, that means I should change colours"....and he pooped....Later tonight before putting him to bed, I said the same thing in my mind, and poop x2 for the day :eek:

So, yeah. How can you argue with that? I think I'll swing by Oakville on my way in tomorrow morning to see if they have a white and blue to check out in person, then I'll make the final call, but if there was ever a sign I think the above to points cover them ;)
But, are you going to use the online backdoor?

But, are you going to use the online backdoor?

I'm not sure. The last time I did the email update it took forever (changed paint from MSM to Blue July 13 and it took until Aug 3 to be updated). Looking through the backdoor pages, if you go all the way to the end it gives you a summary and asks if you want to update your design or keep it as is, so it does look like it would track to your order.

I started a thread in the main model 3 page as well, and still haven't had a response from anyone who successfully used the backdoor though, so I am a bit weary of it.

how you do that? not that I need it but curious to know.

1. Go to your account page and go to the screen that shows your overview. The link should look like this (you have to copy the link below as text, not click on it)

upload_2018-9-3_20-27-5.png

2. Replace the

/product-finalize?rn=

Text with /edit-design/

So, it should look like this:

upload_2018-9-3_20-28-56.png

3. Replace the RNxxxxx with your reservation number, ie RN123456

If it is active, it should bring you to the edit config page filled in with your current config. Some people say when you can't connect to this backdoor anymore you are close to getting a vin as well, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

Last edited: