Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S is stuck on the car carrier!! - Resolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

njcar

Jan 6, 2013
NJ
I've had very good luck up to this weekend with my order. I'm reservation 62xx and got vin31yy shipped to NJ on 12/30. It made it to Newark Thursday with a Saturday delivery from UPS Autogistics. Saturday morning get a call from my DS the carrier needed repairs but my car is on the carrier with 5 others for an early afternoon delivery. About 6pm I get a call that the hydraulics broke on the Carrier so my and 2 other cars couldn't be taken off. No good news today. Wondering if anyone else has heard of this? My DS has been in contact quite a bit but UPS is not communicating.

The car doesn't really exist. This is all an elaborate ruse and you're never going to get this Model S thing everyone is talking about. The pictures posted on this site are all scale models or photoshops.

At least that's how I've felt after the past 17 days. :frown:

The car doesn't really exist. This is all an elaborate ruse and you're never going to get this Model S thing everyone is talking about. The pictures posted on this site are all scale models or photoshops.

At least that's how I've felt after the past 17 days. :frown:

That's scary. Not what you said, but that I've had the EXACT same thought. What an elaborate hoax this is!

Car Arrived

:smile:I can confirm its not a hoax!! UPS got it off the carrier about 1pm and instead of putting it on another carrier the DS got Tesla's covered single car trailer and rescued it. He delivered it about 6pm (bad NJ traffic). We took it for a drive and then he spent 2 hours reviewing features and setting up phones seat position music with us.
I can't say enough about the professionalism of the DS.
Love the car. Just waiting to see it during the day.

:smile:I can confirm its not a hoax!! UPS got it off the carrier about 1pm and instead of putting it on another carrier the DS got Tesla's covered single car trailer and rescued it. He delivered it about 6pm (bad NJ traffic). We took it for a drive and then he spent 2 hours reviewing features and setting up phones seat position music with us.
I can't say enough about the professionalism of the DS.
Love the car. Just waiting to see it during the day.

Hopefully you will post some pics tomorrow!

Congrats!

Congrats Nikoli! Mine is still apparently sitting in NJ at the hub, where DS Armen snapped a few pics of it in the parking lot last night. It looked beautiful, but was unwrapped and covered in a nasty coating of sand, despite having been assured by UPS that the detailed and charged-up cars were being stored indoors. I wonder what state it (and its battery) will be in by the time it arrives, hopefully later this week.

I'm about 1 hour away from debunking the hoax myself. Transporter is en route.

They must have scheduled your delivery before ours. Our car was loaded so as to be last off the transporter. Since they couldn't guarantee when the truck would arrive and my wife had a non-optional afternoon commitment, they are going to deliver it tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM -- I hope.

Edit -- I thought I ought to add that spending any extra time hanging around by the transporter is outside the contract for Tesla and the carrier, the moved delivery time was accomplished by Tesla magic. There is a Tesla Ranger that is going to pick up our Roadster to take to the Chicago service center for fixing a case of "CAN bus blues" in our area right now. He is going to intercept the transporter and put the Model S inside his service trailer for the night. Tomorrow, he will deliver the Model S and pick up the Roadster all in one operation. Cheers to Tesla for being creative.

Other fly-over-country customers without a long running, un-fixed Roadster problem (since August) wouldn't necessarily be in a position to "get lucky" with Ranger proximity.

Last edited:
dsm363-

Just noticed your sig:

Roadster #1144
Model S Signature Performance #114

Did you arrange to purchase sig 114 or was that pure coincidence?

A

Edit: I guess 144 would have been better. Guessing it was coincidence :)

dsm363-

Just noticed your sig:

Roadster #1144
Model S Signature Performance #114

Did you arrange to purchase sig 114 or was that pure coincidence?

A

Edit: I guess 144 would have been better. Guessing it was coincidence :)

It was just a coincidence. My actual VIN is lower but 114 was my sequence number so liked how that worked out. Thanks.

Debunking, or perpetuating?

:wink:

It took me a few days of Photoshopping, but here it is! :wink:

IMG_20130111_230307copy.jpg