Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new Model 3 has faulty battery. Needs replacement...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So received update that my car is ready. They replaced the drive unit and pyrofuse. Took less then 2 days for the fix which is much faster then I was anticipating.

Final Update: (I hope...)

Got my car back today. I got a new battery, not a loaner battery. Also got my first two annual service visits credited to my account for my trouble. Car was at service center for 17 days out of the 23 I have owned the car.

I love this car. It's more fun to drive and better in so many ways than the P85+ loaner I had. Tighter steering, better suspension, quieter ride. Smaller, more agile car. Better sound system. Better UI and maps. I'm sure if I had been driving a newer Model S that I would have liked it just fine.

Here's hoping I don't have to head back to the service center until that first annual checkup... *fingers crossed*

@turtlesz @UZJedi and anyone else that had this issue... Have you had any issues since it being fixed? Same thing happened to me yesterday and really nervous to know if this issue was resolved without followup issues for similar? Thx in advance for your reply

@turtlesz @UZJedi and anyone else that had this issue... Have you had any issues since it being fixed? Same thing happened to me yesterday and really nervous to know if this issue was resolved without followup issues for similar? Thx in advance for your reply

I wish I had better news for you but I had another breakdown on Thanksgiving day while I was in NorCal visiting family. I haven't updated the thread but plan to do so soon. Basically car wouldn't work after supercharging it and needed to be towed. There was basically no communication from Tesla unless I hounded them. Car was out for over 22 days and they initially changed the drive unit and pyrofuse again but errors continued after. Tesla team said it was rare and never seen before but they looked at the wiring thoroughly and once again replaced drive unit and pyrofuse before getting it back to me. I wanted to pursue a buyback as it's my prenant wife's car but they said it had to be gone for over a month before those talks come up.

Unable to drive, Power reduced error after supercharging