Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Turn. :) - And texex, this one's for you.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very true. Every time I get into the cockpit of the CGT, it reminds me why I just can't give up a manual. Dual clutches are nice nowadays, but the control that can be had with a transmission / clutch like the CGT is extremely rare. I do not plan on selling that car in the foreseeable future for that very reason.
We don't have anything as exotic as you, but my wife and I both love manuals. It's a real problem finding a car she likes that is offered in a manual. The only reason the Model S was justified was that it's not really an "automatic," having a fixed gear. Practically there's not much difference, but it made us feel better. That and there will be a second, manual, car in the garage when you just want to row the gears. :smile:

We don't have anything as exotic as you, but my wife and I both love manuals. It's a real problem finding a car she likes that is offered in a manual. The only reason the Model S was justified was that it's not really an "automatic," having a fixed gear. Practically there's not much difference, but it made us feel better. That and there will be a second, manual, car in the garage when you just want to row the gears. :smile:

I would recommend a 997.2 GT3 or R8 Manual. Both are very usable yet driver oriented manuals. the GT3 is a little sharper on the gear switch while the R8 gated manual reminds me of my old gated shifting F430.

I would recommend a 997.2 GT3 or R8 Manual. Both are very usable yet driver oriented manuals. the GT3 is a little sharper on the gear switch while the R8 gated manual reminds me of my old gated shifting F430.
Sold.

Unfortunately, there's some crap about fitting kids and a bunch of stuff in the car, or some other garbage like that. :wink: She'd like a wagon, but the only one that meets all the requirements, the CTS-V Wagon, she finds hideous. Whatever, it means Model S for me! Maybe she'll like the S enough to take it and I'll get one of the above. :biggrin:

After putting several hundred miles onto the odo, here's my take on the car:

Power is more noticeable from a stop compared to already coasting on the freeway and need that burst of speed for passing
The interior is very bright due to so many panes of glass - gets quite warm when driving just 10 minutes in a direction where the sun is shining into one of the windows
This is a very wide car. I've noticed it takes more space than the Bentley when it's parked in the same spot
Would have liked the seat bolsters to be a bit tighter, but then again it's for the wife
3G feels very slow to surf. Tesla needs to work on getting 4G into this car.
Ride quality is quite nice as it's not too soft or harsh for a vehicle of this size
There's more than enough room for 3 grown adults in the rear, so great job for Tesla in creating this spacious cruiser
We did opt for the rear jump seats even though we do not have kids yet.
Not having a center console feels a bit strange as we are tossing everything in there making it look pretty unorganized. We also noticed that the house keys left scratch marks in the side walls of the center opening. (odd that we would have to purchase the console separately, when it is a standard on all cars)

Overall, my wife is happy with the car especially considering I was initially thinking about getting the Leaf for her. :)

After putting several hundred miles onto the odo, here's my take on the car:

Power is more noticeable from a stop compared to already coasting on the freeway and need that burst of speed for passing
The interior is very bright due to so many panes of glass - gets quite warm when driving just 10 minutes in a direction where the sun is shining into one of the windows
This is a very wide car. I've noticed it takes more space than the Bentley when it's parked in the same spot
Would have liked the seat bolsters to be a bit tighter, but then again it's for the wife
3G feels very slow to surf. Tesla needs to work on getting 4G into this car.
Ride quality is quite nice as it's not too soft or harsh for a vehicle of this size
There's more than enough room for 3 grown adults in the rear, so great job for Tesla in creating this spacious cruiser
We did opt for the rear jump seats even though we do not have kids yet.
Not having a center console feels a bit strange as we are tossing everything in there making it look pretty unorganized. We also noticed that the house keys left scratch marks in the side walls of the center opening. (odd that we would have to purchase the console separately, when it is a standard on all cars)

Overall, my wife is happy with the car especially considering I was initially thinking about getting the Leaf for her. :)
have you taken it on the twisties yet?

About 9 months of ownership and my wife has about 18,000 miles on it and trouble free. Didn't think she would drive it this much, but she loves the Model S. This car really changed my viewpoint of EVs and Tesla's got a winner here. I just picked up the Aventador from service and we decided to take the backroads going home.

Attachments

• 20140525_093842_resized.jpg
    20140525_093842_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 490
My new FAVORITE picture. Glad to hear that the ownership experience has been so positive.
About 9 months of ownership and my wife has about 18,000 miles on it and trouble free. Didn't think she would drive it this much, but she loves the Model S. This car really changed my viewpoint of EVs and Tesla's got a winner here. I just picked up the Aventador from service and we decided to take the backroads going home.

two modern marvels, so much win.

They are in a completely different spectrums yet are both enjoyable in their own rights

- - - Updated - - -

Great pic! Is the 918 gray also?!

yes it will be gray, but will be in factory matte gray. Delivery in about 8 mos.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tyler - first of all, you have great taste in cars!

Second of all, I've decided that based on your car collection mentioned in these posts, you are one of the following people:

1. Ironman
2. Batman
3. Jay Leno
4. All of the above.

Thanks I've always wanted to be a superhero, then age got in the way. I can now only help others through charities. :)

About 9 months of ownership and my wife has about 18,000 miles on it and trouble free. Didn't think she would drive it this much, but she loves the Model S. .

I picked up my model S 15 days after you got yours. (Mine is a twin to yours!) I thought I'd put a lot of miles on mine at almost 16k but your wife has me beat. :). It's one of those cars that's an amazing piece of machinery!

I picked up my model S 15 days after you got yours. (Mine is a twin to yours!) I thought I'd put a lot of miles on mine at almost 16k but your wife has me beat. :). It's one of those cars that's an amazing piece of machinery!

16k is a lot of mileage! I look forward to seeing how this car holds up over time. So far, we are so impressed that we will be getting rid of the Range Rover SC for the X.