Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text to schedule my delivery!!!
However, it’s only giving me the option to have it delivered as opposed to going to pick up the vehicle at a dealer. Is it better for me to take home delivery or be firm about having it picked up? Would like to pick up as soon as possible. Been car-less for a month and would still like to take delivery unless there are glaring imperfections.

34F25BC8-74AE-44BB-BE13-2D6AA7A55676.png

However, it’s only giving me the option to have it delivered as opposed to going to pick up the vehicle at a dealer. Is it better for me to take home delivery or be firm about having it picked up? Would like to pick up as soon as possible. Been car-less for a month and would still like to take delivery unless there are glaring imperfections.

View attachment 907138
Congrats

Reactions: MOONX02
I’m going to assume it’s an error. The website shows ”Est. Delivery: Mar - May 2023” for orders today! March shouldn’t be on the table anymore…or even May if 1/26 OD is Apr-May.
Yeah it is a bit disingenuous to keep March on that estimate during ordering. I think they leave it there as there probably will be some last minute EOQ deliveries to people living close to Fremont that ordered way late in the game. Still I think they should be changing that estimate as that would be very few people getting it in March. Even April is unlikely now. Early Feb orders are getting end of Apr-Jun with actual dates. I'd guess any orders in the last week will be May-Jun once they get specific EDDs.

View attachment 907138
Send a text to the 510 number you received the message from. Tell them you prefer to pick up at the service center. They will make the switch for you. That's what I did.

I have the same order date (acutally ordered on 1/16 but it shows 1/17) and I still do not have vin/delivery. I did get an update today for 2/21-3/7. I changed from MYLR to MYP and noticed you mentioned the stiff ride on the P but you ordered the same 21" uberturbine wheels? Why not go with something smaller? If you see a blue Y later this year on Broadhollow/110 & Pinelawn rd (around Blackstone steakhouse) in Melville, it could be me. :)
Nice, you’re close by! I’m near old bethpage. I’ve read the MYP suspension is very stiff. Also, I originally wanted the 20” induction wheels but saw one in person and it’s so small. The large wheel well really swallows any wheel smaller than 21”. I got larger tires so hopefully dampen the Uberturbines. Hope you get a delivery date soon!

White for now. Really want blue, I’m hesitant to change it until IRS nonsense in March is clarified. Blue seems to have really long wait time. I dealt with Lexus before the renovation and name change never had a issue. While waiting I will get the garage outlet done. Don’t want to have to use the country pointe or Walt Whitman super chargers.
There are also superchargers near Lidl in syosset! I think I just had a good sales person (jayson). I’ve leased 2 lexuses at Atlantic and after they switched, I just noticed service became worse.

Same happened to my EDD, it changed to 2/22 - 3/22 this morning.
It seems like the 1/13 orders were about a week ahead of the 1/14 and 1/15 are a little less than a week behind the 1/
and just like that... got the VIN. Fremont build.
New EDD Feb 16-22
Appointment for pick up is set for Friday 2/17. 686459 is sequence, Is there a way to check the build date?

Also, I originally wanted the 20” induction wheels but saw one in person and it’s so small. The large wheel well really swallows any wheel smaller than 21”. I got larger tires so hopefully dampen the Uberturbines. Hope you get a delivery date soon!
Might be an optical illusion as the overall wheel diameters are virtually the same...
WheelTireOverall Diameter
19"255/45-1928"
20"275/40-2028.7" (I don't think most people could see 2.5%)
21"255/35-21 front28"
275/35-21 rear28.6"

Nice, you’re close by! I’m near old bethpage. I’ve read the MYP suspension is very stiff. Also, I originally wanted the 20” induction wheels but saw one in person and it’s so small. The large wheel well really swallows any wheel smaller than 21”. I got larger tires so hopefully dampen the Uberturbines. Hope you get a delivery date soon!
Thanks! I'm considering 275 front and 295 back setup.

Reactions: SteveFromNY
It seems like the 1/13 orders were about a week ahead of the 1/14 and 1/15 are a little less than a week behind the 1/

Appointment for pick up is set for Friday 2/17. 686459 is sequence, Is there a way to check the build date?
With a 686 VIN you know it isn't a reject so build date will either be the day before you got the VIN or the day you got the VIN.

We are all going to pass one another in 3 identical blue Y’s. I had lunch today in Old Bethpage at villa montes.

Reactions: SteveFromNY
Americana Manhasset is the only place on LI that has MYP available for test drive. They accept walk ins. Syosset was supposed to but when I went they said they never had it. Manhasset was good since I was able to quickly jump on the LIE and open it up.

You mean wheel & tire are virtually the same. The Wheel itself definitely looks better on the 21.
I may be wrong, but the post I quoted mentioned how it looked relative to the "wheel wells." That's the only reason I noted the overall wheel+tire diameters are almost all the same for 19"-20"-21" wheels. I agree the 20" and 21" are gorgeous.

I may be wrong, but the post I quoted mentioned how it looked relative to the "wheel wells." That's the only reason I noted the overall wheel+tire diameters are almost all the same for 19"-20"-21" wheels. I agree the 20" and 21" are gorgeous.
Beauty is in the eyes of beholder. I may consider swapping out the uberturbine for 19" wheels. Not sure and depending how much I will get for the Ubertubine wheels. Probably will keep it and get 19" wheel as winter tire package.