Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O/D 2/4
blue/black/19 no tow
org edd was 2/18-2/23
got a vin about a wk ago and scheduled pick up 2/17 at noon but got a call today that my car is still on a rail car in Chicago so who knows.

took a test drive in Columbus on same day I ordered the staff there said I should order from the Tesla Cleveland so I did that night. At the time they only had black and blue in inventory. Wish me luck
Good luck ! 👍

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2: 03/05-03/31 (1/25)

No updates. Sad no updates but glad not pushed out to April like many others who ordered shortly after my OD.

No updates. Sad no updates but glad not pushed out to April like many others who ordered shortly after my OD.
We have the same order date 1/19 mine hasn't updated for 3 weeks , still shows 3/1 -3/31 only plus side it hasn't been pushed back

Reactions: Teasler

I was down at Springfield for a test drive I scheduled over a month ago, SA there couldn’t give me any more info on my order except for what I have in app.

For those of us pushed from Feb-Mar to Apr-May/Jun - one of the YouTubers claims Tesla is prioritizing MYP production-sales to maximize 1st quarter profits? Might be nonsense, but I guess there's nothing to stop them, other than customer goodwill. Even though I'm disappointed my wait is out 2 months, maybe later production will have updates (or colors?) we wouldn't otherwise have? I am kinda wondering what Abyss Blue Multicoat will look like...

Last edited:
For those of us pushed from Feb-Mar to Apr-May/Jun - one of the YouTubers claims Tesla is prioritizing MYP production-sales to maximize 1st quarter profits? Might be nonsense, but I guess there's nothing to stop them, other than customer goodwill. Even though I'm disappointed my wait is out 2 months, maybe later production will have updates (or colors?) we wouldn't otherwise have?
I would think they would want to simply maximize maximum units delivered before anything happens to the tax credit which could cause cancellations, though I think they are hedging cancellations by raising prices now, which would deter people locked in at the cheaper prices to cancel and re-order later

MYLR Blue/Black/19/
OD: 02/03
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: MAY-JUN

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car.
Wow so you can just match a car on inventory, reserve it and then have an SA swap it to your old RN?
Also just noticed on the Ohio cars it says " This car can only be registered in IN, KY, MI, OH, WV" I'm guessing that's actually not a problem?

Last edited:
MYLR Blue/Black/19/

I just tried your trick. Found the exact car in Cleveland Ohio. Blue/black/19/tow. Ordered it and had VIN instantly assigned. Now im waiting for an advisor to reply to see if they will transport it to Mt. Kisko NY. I will only do it if they match my ODD price. I dont care if they keep the $250 for transport costs, but if they make me pay the $1500 difference between orders, then Im just going to cancel and wait and see. Especially if the transport costs are higher than I am expecting ($250 according to your example). I know it's a gamble on the tax credit situation.

My ODD was 1/26 EDD is April 10 - May 22 for those interested.

I'll keep you posted if this Ohio thing comes through.

I just tried your trick. Found the exact car in Cleveland Ohio. Blue/black/19/tow. Ordered it and had VIN instantly assigned. Now im waiting for an advisor to reply to see if they will transport it to Mt. Kisko NY. I will only do it if they match my ODD price. I dont care if they keep the $250 for transport costs, but if they make me pay the $1500 difference between orders, then Im just going to cancel and wait and see. Especially if the transport costs are higher than I am expecting ($250 according to your example). I know it's a gamble on the tax credit situation.

My ODD was 1/26 EDD is April 10 - May 22 for those interested.

I'll keep you posted if this Ohio thing comes through.
Let me know if this works, I saw a car that matched in Ohio but hesitated because of the “can only be registered in these states” note. I messaged the 510 number and asked and their answer was “if the link shows a vehicle only allowed to be registered in certain States, it's safe to say that it would not be available to purchase and register in NJ.” Which I only half believe because of our Alabama friend here

Reactions: GigaMike
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 4.51.44 AM.jpg

Let me know if this works, I saw a car that matched in Ohio but hesitated because of the “can only be registered in these states” note. I messaged the 510 number and asked and their answer was “if the link shows a vehicle only allowed to be registered in certain States, it's safe to say that it would not be available to purchase and register in NJ.” Which I only half believe because of our Alabama friend here

I'm interested to see if it works for you as well. Again, they said cars could not be shipped FROM TX, NY and CA. They even went so far as to say "the disclaimer on the site" was to stop dealers from trying to lock down inventory." That seemed odd but whatever...