Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried your trick. Found the exact car in Cleveland Ohio. Blue/black/19/tow. Ordered it and had VIN instantly assigned. Now im waiting for an advisor to reply to see if they will transport it to Mt. Kisko NY. I will only do it if they match my ODD price. I dont care if they keep the $250 for transport costs, but if they make me pay the $1500 difference between orders, then Im just going to cancel and wait and see. Especially if the transport costs are higher than I am expecting ($250 according to your example). I know it's a gamble on the tax credit situation.

My ODD was 1/26 EDD is April 10 - May 22 for those interested.

I'll keep you posted if this Ohio thing comes through.

Again, they just added the "new" VIN to the old RN number and that caused the price match due to the original order date. Made things super easy. Good luck to you guys. I saw on Reddit that it didnt work for some west coast folks.

Nope, the SA text me from a different number yesterday asking me if I wanted to cancel my "on hold" order since I have a VIN? I said not until I get a pickup date (which is 2/25-3/3). Everything is tied to my orginal RN number in the app and seems to be working well
I read that you don’t have a dealer in Alabama. I think that helped your cause to get a car from Ohio. I will try my luck with Chicago as registration location. I wouldn’t be surprised if I get no for an answer for the rotten luck that I have 😂😂

Its a work in progress, but so far they are saying this:

We would not be able to assign that vehicle to your original order. Due to the vehicle's location, there would be a $500 transport fee if you wanted to move forward with it. Please note, your $250 order deposit is non-refundable if you opt to cancel your original order. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

I am trying one more time to get them to honor the price. I dont care what the RN they use as long as the pricing is the same. If they say no, I will ask them one more time to assign the VIN to the old RN. maybe I wait until later in the day and a different person is more willing to help. I already paid the $250 so I can cancel at my own leisure if it doesn't work out.

We would not be able to assign that vehicle to your original order. Due to the vehicle's location, there would be a $500 transport fee if you wanted to move forward with it. Please note, your $250 order deposit is non-refundable if you opt to cancel your original order. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

I am trying one more time to get them to honor the price. I dont care what the RN they use as long as the pricing is the same. If they say no, I will ask them one more time to assign the VIN to the old RN. maybe I wait until later in the day and a different person is more willing to help. I already paid the $250 so I can cancel at my own leisure if it doesn't work out.

Your RN is what they use to set your "base price" therefore you want them to use the RN with the cheaper price. Also, you should not have to cancel your "original order" at all. The "original order" is the one they will link the "new" VIN to. the only thing that will ultimately be cancelled is the "new" RN after the VIN is transferred to the older RN. Hopefully that make sense... it does in my head :oops:

Your RN is what they use to set your "base price" therefore you want them to use the RN with the cheaper price. Also, you should not have to cancel your "original order" at all. The "original order" is the one they will link the "new" VIN to. the only thing that will ultimately be cancelled is the "new" RN after the VIN is transferred to the older RN. Hopefully that make sense... it does in my head :oops:
Yes, makes perfect sense what you said. Now I just have to convince someone to do it :)

Seems odd that Tesla has us all in some order related to OD and production, but it's possible for some buyers to circumvent the order by claiming a car in another region while preserving their original terms. I can understand why buyers may try this, but I am surprised Tesla SA's would facilitate same...

Why will they charge $500 transportation fee if they can’t do it.. if you put your registration zipcode it says cannot be registered in states other than the list provided there.

It seems it has to do with state regulations… each state have different set of requirements for vehicle to fulfill to be registered. This sounds crazy to me as all cars are built same… irrespective of where it is getting delivered.

Why will they charge $500 transportation fee if they can’t do it.. if you put your registration zipcode it says cannot be registered in states other than the list provided there.

It seems it has to do with state regulations… each state have different set of requirements for vehicle to fulfill to be registered. This sounds crazy to me as all cars are built same… irrespective of where it is getting delivered.
I found one matching exactly my MYLR order in Ohio but they replied with below message “This car can only be registered in IN, KY, MI, OH, WV” 😡

Let me know if this works, I saw a car that matched in Ohio but hesitated because of the “can only be registered in these states” note. I messaged the 510 number and asked and their answer was “if the link shows a vehicle only allowed to be registered in certain States, it's safe to say that it would not be available to purchase and register in NJ.” Which I only half believe because of our Alabama friend here
I'm interested to see if it works for you as well. Again, they said cars could not be shipped FROM TX, NY and CA. They even went so far as to say "the disclaimer on the site" was to stop dealers from trying to lock down inventory." That seemed odd but whatever...
So far no dice so I dont recommend anybody try it unless they want to gamble the $250. Mt. Kisko isn't budging to transfer the VIN over. Im about to email Rochester and see if they will do it.

OD: 1/17/23
Blue/Black/19in
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Feb 16-Mar 16

EDD 3: Mar 1-Mar 29 (updated 2/17)
No VIN yet
Seattle

Well it was updated overnight. The day after I entered the first window. I hope this is the last push and get it before the end of March.

Changed my delivery option to pick up at the dealer in Irvine, CA on 2/19. Hope all goes well without any issues. Will keep you guys posted!!
I was scheduled to pick up MYP tomorrow morning then I get hit with this text from Tesla: “your Model Y is slightly delayed in transit and will not make it before your current scheduled delivery appointment. We will need to reschedule your appointment to 10:30 AM on February 21, 2023 based on your vehicle's current ETA.”
Ugh. Now I have to see if I can take off half a day to pick up my car. The wait is killing me.

You and I must be in the exact same batch. I have same order date and same configuration. My EDD window started today — Feb 18 - March 18. Still no VIN. Louisville.
You would think so. Maybe our babies will ride on the same truck from the factory, Indy is only a 140 mile ride North on I65 from Louisville.:-D

You'd think they'd adjust the EDD start when it passes. Seems like a stale database entry otherwise.