Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, one week has gone by and no VIN. I have requested my downpayment to be returned to me....again. I originally paid my downpayment of $5600 on 6/16 when I had a delivery date scheduled. Mistake, please take a certified check with you for any final payments or you may have your VIN/Car removed after you pay and struggle to get Tesla to refund that money. I have since switched from Loan to pay in full, but I will certainly pay with a certified check upon delivery...whenever that does happen. My excitement is really dwindling.
Always bring a certified check with you. You do not need to pay ahead of time and should not pay ahead of time. Especially during end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec) because they will sell your car twice to pad their quarterly numbers. Once they have your money, their incentive to deliver you a car goes way down. I've learned my lesson. Hopefully this can help others out in the future.

Always bring a certified check with you. You do not need to pay ahead of time and should not pay ahead of time. Especially during end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec) because they will sell your car twice to pad their quarterly numbers. Once they have your money, their incentive to deliver you a car goes way down. I've learned my lesson. Hopefully this can help others out in the future.
Quick update, texted Tesla, they have initiated my refund - they say will be 5-7 days. No update on a VIN but based on other folks here and delivery dates, I would think it is coming soon, but likely i'll get another push.

Testing the theory that the removal of the tow hitch will accelerate things. So far going the wrong direction.

MYP - MSM with tow no FSD - 5 seat - Iowa.
OD - 4/28/22 (profile complete same day)
1st EDD - June 2022 to August 22
2nd EDD (changed June 7) July 2022 to September 2022
Removed tow on 7/25
3rd EDD (changed 7/25 after change to config) August 2022 - October 2022

Testing the theory that the removal of the tow hitch will accelerate things. So far going the wrong direction.

MYP - MSM with tow no FSD - 5 seat - Iowa.
OD - 4/28/22 (profile complete same day)
1st EDD - June 2022 to August 22
2nd EDD (changed June 7) July 2022 to September 2022
Removed tow on 7/25
3rd EDD (changed 7/25 after change to config) August 2022 - October 2022
Is your profile not complete. Those dates suggests that to be the case. Usually there are days included with the month once profile is complete not to mention you have very pushed out dates for your order date

Is your profile not complete. Those dates suggests that to be the case. Usually there are days included with the month once profile is complete not to mention you have very pushed out dates for your order date
No it’s complete, did that on the same day I ordered originally, cash, no trade. When I called Tesla they said “your order looked good, no issues holding it up”. I agree based on others the timing seems very odd.

I had a Tesla rep be very evasive about availability so decided I would wait till afterwards understanding it might cost more. Probably chasing my tail.
Not a bad idea. I thought about it myself when i first heard the rumors but I felt equally worried about changing my order this close to getting the car was more risky. If my order gets pushed out, I'll consider it then. Good luck!

Not a bad idea. I thought about it myself when i first heard the rumors but I felt equally worried about changing my order this close to getting the car was more risky. If my order gets pushed out, I'll consider it then. Good luck!
My dates have been so far out anyway, I figured it honestly wouldn’t hurt…. I could be wrong! It has only been a couple of days so perhaps it will still move. Good luck!