Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that's what it has been before, and I hope you're right that it'll be the same again.

My main gripe is that the promotion has so little information behind it, no clear terms and conditions, no clear guidance on how it actually works...very amateur hour!
These are the T&Cs sent with the original notification email:

"Tesla has decided to grant free Supercharger credits, equivalent to approximately 10,000 km of driving, if you take delivery of a Tesla vehicle between December 15 and December 31, 2022. The free Supercharger credits will be credited to your Tesla Account in the month of January 2023 and will remain valid for a period of two calendar years from the delivery date. The free Supercharger credits cannot be transferred to another vehicle or person and cease to be valid in case of an ownership transfer of your vehicle. Tesla shall not be liable in the event that delivery of your vehicle, for whatever reason, cannot happen before December 31, 2022, and you’re not able to benefit from this promotion. Used vehicles are excluded from this promotion."

"Tesla has decided to grant free Supercharger credits, equivalent to approximately 10,000 km of driving, if you take delivery of a Tesla vehicle between December 15 and December 31, 2022. The free Supercharger credits will be credited to your Tesla Account in the month of January 2023 and will remain valid for a period of two calendar years from the delivery date. The free Supercharger credits cannot be transferred to another vehicle or person and cease to be valid in case of an ownership transfer of your vehicle. Tesla shall not be liable in the event that delivery of your vehicle, for whatever reason, cannot happen before December 31, 2022, and you’re not able to benefit from this promotion. Used vehicles are excluded from this promotion."
Credits been extended to jan 9th to buy

Exactly, why does it not tell you what equivalent means in the t&Cs. It should just say x kWh in there.

I'm fairly sure I've ready that it's 2.5 miles per 1kWh, which ties in with 400kWh per 1000 miles mentioned above.

So 6000 supercharger miles is equivalent to 2,400 kWh, or with an assume capacity of 80 kWh, filling it from 0 to 100% 30 times.

Folks has anyone done a really in-depth review of UK Model Y Performance since it arrived, its been a few weeks guys come on I dont see even mr RSEV on YouTube yet with a MYP, is there something you're not telling us, how are you getting on without parking sensors.. I'm still torn between MYP and MYLR with performance boost, biggest fear is parking with those 21 Uberturbines!

Folks has anyone done a really in-depth review of UK Model Y Performance since it arrived, its been a few weeks guys come on I dont see even mr RSEV on YouTube yet with a MYP, is there something you're not telling us, how are you getting on without parking sensors.. I'm still torn between MYP and MYLR with performance boost, biggest fear is parking with those 21 Uberturbines!
I love mine. I was really nervous in the run-up to picking up the car that I was making a biiiig mistake, but I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. I have to say the free supercharging miles made my life a bit easier too as I'm waiting for a solar install and this will bridge the gap between getting that in with an EV charger. Until then, I just hook it up to the granny charger and am keeping it between 70 and 80, I can get it to 100 overnight if needed.

The first big journey was a doozy. 510 miles, Cambridge to Exeter and back.. I used ABRP to get a rough idea of the route but using the send to tesla bit seemed to only send the first supercharger to the car, so I just used the tesla nav itself to plan it, remembering the superchargers I wanted to take..

Departed home at 7:15, I set the car to chill and set the cruise to 71mph (70 on Waze) and did that most of the way.. The first leg, to the Amesbury supercharger was good, 150.5 miles with an average speed of 58, including a 15 minute period of jogging pace on the M25. This took 2 hours and 40 minutes and used 71% of the battery.

Juiced up to 60% at amesbury and then headed to the darts farm superchargers, which I was told was a cool place to charge, which was not wrong. That leg was 91 miles and got me down to 21%, plugged in to one of the 250KW chargers and it started thundering in the charge at almost 200KW but quickly ramped down.. we popped into the farm shop, to relieve ourselves and buy some little presents for the missus and his grandfather, we went back to the car and had a spot of lunch, the car got from 21 to 84% in 34 minutes..

Next leg was to a car dealer to help my son buy his first (on the v5) car, a 21st present from his grandad.. Then set off home but the nav and waze agreed it would be better to go back M5/M6 rather than M11/25/3 as we had on the inbound route.

Was hoping to get to the rugby supercharger in one go but the nav kept indicating I'd only have 5% or less when I got there and I couldn't put that much range anxiety on myself so set a course for the cribbs causeway supercharger.. Note on this place.. It's almost impossible to find, there are zero signposts and it took me 3 goes around to realize I was above it.. A very poorly signposted lower car park sign sent me to the right place and I just sat in the car for 17 minutes and dumped an extra 30% into the battery, taking it to 77%. Another note, if the sign on a supercharger isn't illuminated, it's broken.. I discovered this to my slight delay and moved to the next one.. Just as I was leaving another guy in an M3 did the same thing I did, so I felt less of an idiot;)

Next leg, 113 miles to the Rugby supercharger, a place I've been to many times in my ICE car with the wife and dog in the back, sadly it was pouring down, and the chargers are as far away from the services as they can be but I grabbed a bit of dinner and a coke and went back to the car, watched the first 15 minutes of Treason on Netflix whilst I waited for the car to get to 80%.. I only charge on a granny at home remember so I wanted to put plenty in.. Turns out the show was so good, it was 84% before I realised I should get going. Off I went for the final leg..

The final leg to Cambridge, 72 miles, just over an hour. I pressed on a bit at this stage as I was starting to get tired and wanted to get home.. My son had been back for 30 minutes by this time and didn't have to stop except for one bio break, but he had to drive the whole way, I used the active cruise, autosteer and Navigate on Autopilot the whole way almost.. Other than a few times deciding against a lane change and trying to pull me back into the lane I was in, it worked very well and made the journey far less taxing than it would have been in a normal car.. Got home at 7:14PM with 48% and spent the last few miles hooning it in sport mode to sate my inner 17 year old.. Yes I could have done it in much less time in my old car, but I can't refuel my old car at home.

Lack of USS is fine, my gates are narrow enough that you have to fold the mirrors but the side cameras are even better than mirrors.. The view from the rear camera shows you the bumper well, so as long as you aren't trying to get 2mm away from something, they are fine.. Front wise, not as good, so always park backwards:)

All the above is quite detailed as I took out a 2 week free trial of Tessie, I'll end up paying for it I think as it's very good.

share.tessie.com/mg8NDh2Nqwb will get you a 1 month trial and send me on my way to a free subscription if enough of you try it and buy it :)