Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I can gather; cars are made - a qty of each variable (colours/interiors/wheels). They're put on a boat. If your order matches the spec of a car on the boat you'll be assigned that vehicle (I've no idea if they do this chronologically or any other way) That is when the VIN is assigned to your account. By checking the source code you will find if a car is matched to you. Months ago VIN's appeared around Suez, more recently before the boat has reached Singapore. Who knows what'll happen with this Q's ships but always worth checking your account page after Mr M advises us a ship is on it's way (or if you're sad like me, 5-6 times a day anyway!)
Happy to be updated/corrected - but that's my understanding of the Tesla lottery!

Tesla ringing around chasing up orders today, paused mine till Jan,
so there is a Blue/Black on its way for someone!, I have something to play with!
tempImageXfaUKe.jpg

So we are certain these are China built then
I'm not certain but as far as I know only Black, White and the odd Red are the colours Berlin have produced. These EDD's we've all got encompasses all the variables (so Blue & MSM too) so unless Berlin are doing all the colours then could be from there, else the place to put your money is China... And the delivery in the last 6 weeks of the quarter would also suggest China - but... who actually knows?!

I'm not certain but as far as I know only Black, White and the odd Red are the colours Berlin have produced. These EDD's we've all got encompasses all the variables (so Blue & MSM too) so unless Berlin are doing all the colours then could be from there, else the place to put your money is China... And the delivery in the last 6 weeks of the quarter would also suggest China - but... who actually knows?!
...and Berlin don't appear to have made any white interiors yet either. It feels like too many new variables (colours, interiors, RHD) in the timescales stated to be coming from Germany at this time. We'll soon find out though when people start getting VINs.

FYI. I had previously placed a MYLR ordered and edited to upgrade MYP back in March. For that order I'd previously chosen NEC as collection point (for May) and didn't get another option for MYP when pre-delivery tasks became available so I was assuming it was just NEC. However, just had a text message to say I've been switched to Brent Cross (which is much better).

TLDR Brent Cross is a collection site.
I also got this message followed up my a message saying that it was a mistake. Strange.

It said

"Tesla Update - The previous SMS was sent in error, please disregard and we will be in touch when your vehicle is ready for delivery."

I was just thinking when I selected my collection location I was only given Bristol or Manchester and chose Manchester…… I live 30mins from the NEC though….. is this potentially because my allocation will be on a different boat to others that are heading to NEC? Not sure how it works