Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just be most careful as you pull out of the parking bay, what with the lack of ultrasonics :D

I drove my mates M3P and was so surprised with the instant power under my right foot… my current car is a 3.5 v6 supercharged f-type… when I’m taking over in that there is kick down and a very slight pause as the supercharger kicks in, so when i floor it there is a very slight delay

I applied that logic/style to my mates car and nearly ended up in the back of the car in front of me…. There was zero delay just raw power

Can’t wait to get this damn car!!

EDIT - being a JLR the parking sensors are pants anyway so the chuckle vision will probably be an upgrade

I drove my mates M3P and was so surprised with the instant power under my right foot… my current car is a 3.5 v6 supercharged f-type… when I’m taking over in that there is kick down and a very slight pause as the supercharger kicks in, so when i floor it there is a very slight delay

I applied that logic/style to my mates car and nearly ended up in the back of the car in front of me…. There was zero delay just raw power

Can’t wait to get this damn car!!
I was about to buy the F-Type SVR and my accountant convinced me to go and drive a M3P - no comparison. Miss the noise though....

Reactions: fentor
Yes the noise is incredible… had it for 5 years and smile every time I drive it without fail…
I can imagine the noise is very visceral and enjoyable. There is a certain pleasure to be had in 1) being able to pull out into traffic quickly without making a fuss, and 2) silently being able to thrash everyone at the traffic lights.

WRT 1), the first time I had a Mercedes S-class courtesy car, I tried fitting into traffic spotting a small gap as I would have in my MX. My word, the noise! Everyone turned around at the sudden roaring engine. I also didn't get into the gap in time, what with gears and all that...

On the subject of 2), I hope you'll find pleasure in being next to people revving their engines and making a big fuss, and then silently beating them. I have quite a lot of fun on roundabouts with traffic lights if someone wants to race on the first set. I give them an 'electric shock' on the first set, maybe the second, and then decide not to bother and watch them zoom off with a loud noise while I go back to being a family driver. There's something amusing to me about the silence of an electric car meaning that you're able to conceal your intentions until the lights change!

I hope you don't miss the noise too much, and I'm sure there'll be other pleasures to replace it :)

Saw over on Facebook that someone has got 2022.40.4.. I think I also have it waiting in my M3P but haven't been connected to wifi.

Wonder how long it will be before we see if there are actually any improvements to Tesla Vision for the USS removal like has been rumoured online?

6a3a5188-4040-4424-b393-0e4b2c92f948.png

Anyone ordering a key fob? I definitely want one, but know I will jinx the delivery if I actually order one in advance! Any idea how long it takes to get one? I have one for my model S, and cant cope with user a phone/credit card instead...
I have one, had it a few months hahaha plus a few other bits and bobs. Still don’t really know when my MYP will be arriving haha 🤷‍♂️ but the fob came in about 3 days. Didn’t take long