Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I’m new to the forum and have read all 21 pages to get up to speed. Here’s my situation:

Day one order, 15 Oct 2021, MYP pearl white with black interior and FSD option selected.
Last week my EDD changed from late 2022 to 13 Dec - 27 Jan. On Monday this week, EDD changed to TBD. Looking at my order status today EDD is now 12 Dec - 26 Jan.
Fingers crossed that these dates are getting more accurate as we approach late 2022. Still no idea whether MYP will be made in Shanghai or Berlin.

Reactions: DeejUK
I ordered a MYP in grey with black interior back in Jan via Octopus business leasing and received this unprompted update today:

“The latest update from the dealership shows that the ETA for your Model Y performance is set to arrive in the UK for September - October 2022. As we get closer to the dates, your reservation should get matched to a car, and from there Tesla will organise delivery of your car with you directly.”

Hopefully that means it’ll be made as part of the first batch when Shanghai starts production again in the next couple of weeks 🤞

I ordered a MYP in grey with black interior back in Jan via Octopus business leasing and received this unprompted update today:

“The latest update from the dealership shows that the ETA for your Model Y performance is set to arrive in the UK for September - October 2022. As we get closer to the dates, your reservation should get matched to a car, and from there Tesla will organise delivery of your car with you directly.”

Hopefully that means it’ll be made as part of the first batch when Shanghai starts production again in the next couple of weeks 🤞
Tesla told me the MYP will be made in Berlin. This could be an indication that they expect to finally start producing RHD cars there. That is excellent news. The odd part is the colour grey, as they have only been producing white and black cars. Unless Octopus have confused the LR with the P, which is an unlikely mistake. Interesting development.

Wow thanks for sharing. Interesting as the theory of only black or white exterior colour means nothing then ? I am a first day order October 2021, white on white , so I guess if we all look at our apps regularly may get a new date . Currently mine is saying November 11th-December 26th.

Reactions: Darreno
Interesting news from GigaBerlin. Can't wait to see the Abyss Blue.

Confirms they've started trial building white interiors, single-motor SR and front-castings.

Confirms they've painted Crimson and Silver and sent to USA for validation. Abyss Blue is delayed by a bit due to supply chain.

Last edited:
Has anyone been told by Tesla to fill in more details on your account when everything is filled in already? It’s making me paranoid that some glitch on their side will delay me getting my car.
In January this year, I received an email from Tesla with the following text:

Prepare for Your Model Y Delivery
Next steps for your Model Y order:
Sign in to your Tesla Account to complete pre‑delivery tasks for your upcoming delivery.

When I signed in, there were no tasks to complete.
EDD now shows December 07 to January 21