Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With so many cars coming off the line and the ramp up in numbers, its still pretty frustrating that we are looking at another 3-4 months before any make it over here.

Anyone have any idea how many Ps are on order for the UK - guesstimation
I'm not sure how many MYPs have been ordered in the UK. I know that Troy Teslike had a spreadsheet for Model Y orders (all variants) in the US. I'm sure that Tesla know the exact number ;)

I hope we get a leak from one of the drone flyer accounts on twitter when they spot RHD MYP coming out of a factory (Shanghai or Berlin).
Each arriving ship carries approx 4500 cars.

09C30BD1-ABFE-47EA-A395-19AD9E314847.png

I'm not sure how many MYPs have been ordered in the UK. I know that Troy Teslike had a spreadsheet for Model Y orders (all variants) in the US. I'm sure that Tesla know the exact number ;)

I hope we get a leak from one of the drone flyer accounts on twitter when they spot RHD MYP coming out of a factory (Shanghai or Berlin).
Each arriving ship carries approx 4500 cars.
I am sure Tesla do. I would very much like to know. 1000, 5000, 20000. Will one ship be enough. Who knows.

I would prefer Berlin…but at this stage very very bored with my 320d

Hi I’m a day 1 Myp order. So have been waiting since October 2021 . Mine says November 11th- December 26th . Probably means Christmas Day 🤣.
However I’ve just been listening to the” ride the lightening “ unofficial Tesla podcast . Big news on a model year 2023 change , which usually means production in November onwards fir the new model year . News being that the steering wheel on Y and 3 are to change and have buttons for indicators and the indicator stalk deleted .
Now this is either good news if you want the change or bad news if you don’t. Either way wonder if this means our orders in the latter part of the year ?

Hi I’m a day 1 Myp order. So have been waiting since October 2021 . Mine says November 11th- December 26th . Probably means Christmas Day 🤣.
However I’ve just been listening to the” ride the lightening “ unofficial Tesla podcast . Big news on a model year 2023 change , which usually means production in November onwards fir the new model year . News being that the steering wheel on Y and 3 are to change and have buttons for indicators and the indicator stalk deleted .
Now this is either good news if you want the change or bad news if you don’t. Either way wonder if this means our orders in the latter part of the year ?
The steering wheel story has been doing the rounds for a week but it seems based on a picture of the yoke in the semi truck which doesn’t seem that conclusive. Never say never, but the evidence is pretty thin. There’s a dedicated thread on it somewhere.

If you wait for the next big thing with Tesla, you’ll always be waiting such is the pace of change.

At this stage, I'm definitely feeling a bit mugged off and misled. Sure, things change and all that, but the communication on this has been non-existent, and the originally delivery projections were way off. I would definitely have appreciated knowing last October something like "you can order an MYP, but we won't make any until X, Y or Z happens." It is what it is, and I know what dealing with Tesla is like, but still, it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Reactions: fentor
At this stage, I'm definitely feeling a bit mugged off and misled. Sure, things change and all that, but the communication on this has been non-existent, and the originally delivery projections were way off. I would definitely have appreciated knowing last October something like "you can order an MYP, but we won't make any until X, Y or Z happens." It is what it is, and I know what dealing with Tesla is like, but still, it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
Only positive is that it’s £3k more expensive now. Forever wait but saved some money