Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking about trading in my MS75D for my MYP. I uploaded the photos a week ago to get a valuation and had heard nothing, so thought I should give them a call to make sure everything was OK.

Long story short, the lovely girl I spoke to was adamant that all MYP for the UK will be coming from Berlin - she volunteered that info. without me asking.

Take from it what you will…

I’m thinking about trading in my MS75D for my MYP. I uploaded the photos a week ago to get a valuation and had heard nothing, so thought I should give them a call to make sure everything was OK.

Long story short, the lovely girl I spoke to was adamant that all MYP for the UK will be coming from Berlin - she volunteered that info. without me asking.

Are you order white interior or any colour other than Black or White?

I guess it’s possible they may do MYPs from different factories? Black/white from Berlin, other colour combos from China to make sure they fulfil all orders. But my money would still be on them all coming from China. Purely down to the amount the are putting our each day/week. 🤷‍♂️

I guess it’s possible they may do MYPs from different factories? Black/white from Berlin, other colour combos from China to make sure they fulfil all orders. But my money would still be on them all coming from China. Purely down to the amount the are putting our each day/week. 🤷‍♂️
I always assumed they’d be from Shanghai too. It was just they way she volunteered it, in the middle of the conversation that wasn’t even about where they were coming from, but more about delivery timing - I’d rung to check the valuation on my MS as I hadn’t heard anything for over a week and she said that I wouldn’t receive that until around 30 days before delivery. She looked up my EDD and said something along the lines of “oh, yours will be one of the first ones out of Berlin…”. That obviously got my attention and I said “did you really just say Berlin?!”. She said “yep, they’re coming from Berlin”, like it was obvious that’s where they would be made. Like I said, just take it at face value for now - I guess we’ll know for sure soon enough! 🤞

I was just thinking when I selected my collection location I was only given Bristol or Manchester and chose Manchester…… I live 30mins from the NEC though….. is this potentially because my allocation will be on a different boat to others that are heading to NEC? Not sure how it works
I have had exactly the same. I'm current M3LR owner and originally collected the car from the NEC, which is closer to me than Bristol or Manchester. This time around, those 2 places are the only options for collection. I have also chosen Manchester, with current delivery dates between 24 Nov and 10 Dec.

Would be better for me also rather than Staines but I’m not sure if Part Ex can happen at B Cross. - time will tell
I just got a text from Tesla telling me that they have opened a delivery hub closer to me and that my delivery location has been updated to Brent Cross.
To collect from an alternative delivery location I can call them on 01628 450 660 (option 2). The EDD has not changed so I will stick with the new delivery location (Brent Cross)

So starting to get exciting now… getting my charger installed next week….

Anyone have experience deleting FSD without incurring a price increase?

MYP MSB FSD (not sure why!)
Order Date 25 October 2021
EDD 23 Nov - 9 Dec
Collection in Staines

9282700A-5853-4007-8114-34F4BCC974A4.jpeg

Reactions: Sanjiv
Ordered a MYP on Friday, with FSD in white with white interior. Delivery tbc but window of 23/11 to 30/12 this year. Quite surprised on the short delivery timescale. Spoke to Tesla today to change pick up from Manchester to B’ham and confirmed Berlin made, and as yet no MYP had been delivered into the UK. Traded in via app my late 2020 M3P. Never had such equity in a car, x10 the buyback of my similar priced Macan S that I traded to get the Tesla. Really happy.

I have had exactly the same. I'm current M3LR owner and originally collected the car from the NEC, which is closer to me than Bristol or Manchester. This time around, those 2 places are the only options for collection. I have also chosen Manchester, with current delivery dates between 24 Nov and 10 Dec.
This must mean we’re a particular boat maybe. My EDD is Nov 23 - Dec 30 though

Ordered a MYP on Friday, with FSD in white with white interior. Delivery tbc but window of 23/11 to 30/12 this year. Quite surprised on the short delivery timescale. Spoke to Tesla today to change pick up from Manchester to B’ham and confirmed Berlin made, and as yet no MYP had been delivered into the UK. Traded in via app my late 2020 M3P. Never had such equity in a car, x10 the buyback of my similar priced Macan S that I traded to get the Tesla. Really happy.
What number do you use to speak with them? Id like to see if I can get an NEC pickup without effecting my EDD though

Question: Did they actually say your MYP is Berlin made?? 🤔

Quite surprised on the short delivery timescale

I'm reading this as there was very low demand for MYPs in the UK. Which would make sense given that the huge lead times would give them a chance to aggregate enough orders to make manufacture worthwhile, and also as Elon Musk tweeted a while back that he was surprised by the high demand for RHD MYPs - ie ElonWorld is separate from the reality the rest of us inhabit.

Loads of news articles today about Tesla dropping the USS (ultra-sonic sensors) from the Model Y and Model 3. Not sure how you would achieve the same level of accuracy without these sensors, especially in the front with the camera mounted fairly high.

It feels like a few things are being removed, but not a whole lot being added in its place. Radar, granny charger, USS to name a few... (I know some of these may not affect our orders, hopefully).

Am I going to cancel my order, of course not, but at what point do you say "Hang on a minute...".

So starting to get exciting now… getting my charger installed next week….

Anyone have experience deleting FSD without incurring a price increase?

MYP MSB FSD (not sure why!)
Order Date 25 October 2021
EDD 23 Nov - 9 Dec
Collection
Loads of news articles today about Tesla dropping the USS (ultra-sonic sensors) from the Model Y and Model 3. Not sure how you would achieve the same level of accuracy without these sensors, especially in the front with the camera mounted fairly high.

It feels like a few things are being removed, but not a whole lot being added in its place. Radar, granny charger, USS to name a few... (I know some of these may not affect our orders, hopefully).

Am I going to cancel my order, of course not, but at what point do you say "Hang on a minute...".
Don’t underestimate the power of the AI in the cameras - I’m sure they will do a better job than sensors especially in the long run

Don’t underestimate the power of the AI in the cameras - I’m sure they will do a better job than sensors especially in the long run
Potentially, I agree. It’s just stupid that we’ll have neither when we receive the car. Deliver at least as good an outcome with cameras, then remove USS. Cost cutting is the only reason not to.

I get why people are up in arms about this, but I used to have Skoda Octavia estate with no parking sensors or cameras ... never hit anything. Just used my mirrors / eyes and judgment 🤷‍♂️

I get this is a little different as its removing a something we are paying for and not replacing it is a working system. But something is better than nothing?!

Maybe I'm too relaxed lol

I get why people are up in arms about this, but I used to have Skoda Octavia estate with no parking sensors or cameras ... never hit anything. Just used my mirrors / eyes and judgment 🤷‍♂️

I get this is a little different as its removing a something we are paying for and not replacing it is a working system. But something is better than nothing?!

Maybe I'm too relaxed lol
Good luck with using just your eyes and mirrors when your camera is covered in muck or it’s night time.

Have you sat down in a Model Y? You can’t actually see very much out the rear window.

Reactions: Rooster6655