Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loads of news articles today about Tesla dropping the USS (ultra-sonic sensors) from the Model Y and Model 3. Not sure how you would achieve the same level of accuracy without these sensors, especially in the front with the camera mounted fairly high.

It feels like a few things are being removed, but not a whole lot being added in its place. Radar, granny charger, USS to name a few... (I know some of these may not affect our orders, hopefully).

Am I going to cancel my order, of course not, but at what point do you say "Hang on a minute...".

Sure Musk wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't an advancement on the current system...

Tesla say - "With today’s software, this approach gives Autopilot high-definition spatial positioning, longer range visibility, and ability to identify and differentiate between objects."

I get why people are up in arms about this, but I used to have Skoda Octavia estate with no parking sensors or cameras ... never hit anything. Just used my mirrors / eyes and judgment 🤷‍♂️

I get this is a little different as its removing a something we are paying for and not replacing it is a working system. But something is better than nothing?!

Maybe I'm too relaxed lol
I don't want to go over the top on this but 24 hours ago our pre-ordered MYPs came with parking sensors, now these are 'coming soon', in a debatable format. It's just annoying.

Good luck with using just your eyes and mirrors when your camera is covered in muck or it’s night time.

Have you sat down in a Model Y? You can’t actually see very much out the rear window.
I have yes, and it isn't great and I had a similar view out the back of an old Honda Civic with a stupid rear window. My point was simply you shouldn't NEED cameras and sensors to park your car. Yes they make things easier, but you shouldn't need them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that Tesla should be changing the spec without notification / compensation or replacing tech like for like, and again I agree its annoying. I'm not arguing anyone's point of view on this...I'm with you.... just saying its not the end of the world ..

Reactions: Sanjiv and JamiePP
I don't want to go over the top on this but 24 hours ago our pre-ordered MYPs came with parking sensors, now these are 'coming soon', in a debatable format. It's just annoying.

The terms and conditions of supply have it clear that they can alter the spec and systems used in any cars without having to inform as long as it doesn’t materially affect the ability or function of the vehicle
A

Reactions: daveface
My EDD has changed from December 3rd to January 27thish to November 29th to December 31st.
Fingers crossed it does turn up this year.

Edit:
For anyone that was interested, I got clarification on whether you need to fill out your finance bits now or if it would delay delivery.
The guy said it does not delay anything, the car will turn up either way.
He recommended not to fill out the finance until you get a VIN to avoid potential repeated hard checks.

Reactions: Amrinder01
Ordered a MYP on Friday, with FSD in white with white interior. Delivery tbc but window of 23/11 to 30/12 this year. Quite surprised on the short delivery timescale. Spoke to Tesla today to change pick up from Manchester to B’ham and confirmed Berlin made, and as yet no MYP had been delivered into the UK. Traded in via app my late 2020 M3P. Never had such equity in a car, x10 the buyback of my similar priced Macan S that I traded to get the Tesla. Really happy.
How quickly did you get the valuation? I’ve been waiting for 10 days and when I called, I was told that I wouldn’t get it on my MS75D until around 30 days before delivery. EDD is 21st Nov - 28th Dec, so that may be why?

The terms and conditions of supply have it clear that they can alter the spec and systems used in any cars without having to inform as long as it doesn’t materially affect the ability or function of the vehicle
A
We must trust Elon when he says the same functionality or more can be achieved with cameras only - humans drive with eyes only apparently. 😝

Personally I hope my car comes without those little holes in the bumpers, much cleaner without.

From what I’ve read about reverse summon it seems pretty amazing, imagine popping to B&Q when it’s raining driving right up to the door and sending your car off to park itself in a nice wide space only to be collected again when you are done shopping- ( I know we won’t get it in the UK but it will come one day and I would have only paid £6k for the privilege)

I get why people are up in arms about this, but I used to have Skoda Octavia estate with no parking sensors or cameras ... never hit anything. Just used my mirrors / eyes and judgment 🤷‍♂️

I get this is a little different as its removing a something we are paying for and not replacing it is a working system. But something is better than nothing?!

Maybe I'm too relaxed lol
Yeah if u buy a car with parking sensors you don’t expect the manufacturer to then disable them later, the same with radar and this vision system which for example now restricts the minimum distance from car in front.

I would be interested in the legalities of this as I have heard stories of manufacturers doing similar before

I have just got a text from Tesla that the deadline for completing the tasks (registration name, finance etc) is 12th October but sooner the better.
Anyone else in the same boat? When I have spoken to Forza finance etc they have said don't apply until you get a VIN etc.

My lease portal is still saying 1st December delivery and has done for a while now. I checked with the lease co to see how these dates are generated and they said they contact Tesla every Friday and then they update the portals accordingly.

Seems to make sense to be bang in the middle of other MYP EDD's 🤞

Does anyone still have no dates or info.

If the number of people that have ordered is low and Tesla have been waiting for enough orders to ship, you would expect pretty much everyone that has ordered to have just about the same window.

I currently don't have anything and I ordered March this year.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK
Does anyone still have no dates or info.

If the number of people that have ordered is low and Tesla have been waiting for enough orders to ship, you would expect pretty much everyone that has ordered to have just about the same window.

I currently don't have anything and I ordered March this year.

Ask your lease company. They should have direct contact with Tesla.

Most people's Estimate Delivery Date on this page seems to be the end of November - Mid December 2022 at the moment.