Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this gorgeous new colour might seal the deal for me: Tesla adds Quicksilver and Midnight Cherry Red colors to Giga Berlin lineup
Model-Y-Main-Hero-Desktop-EMEA-LHD

Notably this isn't available on the UK site, so more confirmation as if it were needed that MYP RHDs are coming from Shanghai. I wonder if RHDs will ever come from Berlin, and if we'll ever get this colour over here?

Well, this gorgeous new colour might seal the deal for me: Tesla adds Quicksilver and Midnight Cherry Red colors to Giga Berlin lineup
Model-Y-Main-Hero-Desktop-EMEA-LHD

Notably this isn't available on the UK site, so more confirmation as if it were needed that MYP RHDs are coming from Shanghai. I wonder if RHDs will ever come from Berlin, and if we'll ever get this colour over here?
They are both lovely colours, I always wanted them to do a nice silver and a darker red lol But that being said looking at the German site the Silver is 3k euro and the red is 3.2k - That's a lot of money .... I didn't like spending £1k for black hahaha

Reactions: JamiePP and DeejUK
Right I’m not going to ‘accept removal of sensors’ option on my order and see what happens. I want to wait until people get their cars and get on with wandavision. Also want to switch to new red if opportunity presents! YLR for a bit longer then!

Right I’m not going to ‘accept removal of sensors’ option on my order and see what happens. I want to wait until people get their cars and get on with wandavision. Also want to switch to new red if opportunity presents! YLR for a bit longer then!
Interesting. I suspect you'll just slide down the reservation list and they'll reach out at some point. seems the vin matching happens right after acceptance so will depend on supply/demand and whether they fill all for this coming Q.

I'm glad I don't have to consider switching to one of the new colours! Temptation would be high

Reactions: UrbanSplash
I think I'm coming to exactly the same conclusion here. Save myself a load of money, and maybe get a fabby new colour once I can tell if the ChuckleVision works properly. I'm also going to just leave the car in an 'unaccepted' state and see whether they nag me, while I try to find out what the lead times are like for an MCU2 upgrade on my Model X.

Only thing I really miss out on in the mean time is the tow hitch which I wanted to make use of, but can't be retrofitted to my Model X.

Love the term chucklevision haha. Hope there are cars in the wild soon so we can see how they are getting on.

Only sting in the tail is that if I ask to change colour they will probably default to the ‘new’ (£3k more) price.
I think that depends on when you placed your order, as when I changed my colour they checked the date that I ordered and said it’s fine to change and the only increase would be the cost of the paint.